Can Gujarat Titans (the Wolves) win back to back titles (IPL 2023)?

zen

I didn't want them to win at all last year. Every match they won, seemed like they won on multiple and different individual performances. As they kept winning, I had this sinking feeling because my usual favorites didn't seem strong toward the end. And they won finally. I don't believe Pandya+Nehra is the sole reason, yet. But they seem similar to how CSK and MI were for a long time - a strong team top to bottom who work as a team. This time I have good confidence that they will easily make playoffs. May be even win.

On 4/2/2023 at 7:55 PM, sorak said:

I didn't want them to win at all last year. Every match they won, seemed like they won on multiple and different individual performances. As they kept winning, I had this sinking feeling because my usual favorites didn't seem strong toward the end. And they won finally. I don't believe Pandya+Nehra is the sole reason, yet. But they seem similar to how CSK and MI were for a long time - a strong team top to bottom who work as a team. This time I have good confidence that they will easily make playoffs. May be even win.

Nehra is an extremely likeable personality.

Ever smiling, gregarious and with an infectious sense of optimism.

Never thought I'd say all this about someone from Delhi.

As @bowl_out mentioned on a match thread, GT has signed Dasun Shanaka as KW's replacement! 

When/if KW returns next year, GT has the option to keep Shanaka in place either Wade or O Smith. Therefore, good planning from a future perspective as well. 

On 4/3/2023 at 7:57 PM, Mariyam said:

Nehra is an extremely likeable personality.

Ever smiling, gregarious and with an infectious sense of optimism.

Never thought I'd say all this about someone from Delhi.

he's not ever smiling, just teeth are like that. Like Balaji

16 minutes ago, zen said:

As @bowl_out mentioned on a match thread, GT has signed Dasun Shanaka as KW's replacement! 

When/if KW returns next year, GT has the option to keep Shanaka in place either Wade or O Smith. Therefore, good planning from a future perspective as well. 

sneaky rule this. Not blaming GT but doesn't make any sense.

Many cricket fans wanted Shanaka to be a part of the IPL. As they say, good thing come to those who wait, and he has been rewarded with a place in the best cricket franchise on the planet! 

This team is SRH lite: stole the template of the team that constantly punches above it’s weight. Kudos though, nakal ke liye bhi akal chahiye :nice: 

Rashid Khan: how many people even knew Afghanistan had a cricket team before Nabi and Rashid lit it up in IPL for SRH.

Wriddhiman Saha: opening with him was a trend adapted by SRH even though not the original to do that however pioneers of the Saha renaissance.

Vijay Shankar: rose  to prominence and caught the eye of fans first while playing for  SRH

Kane Williamson : the brains behind SRH’s success. Probably management thought their  captain needed additional support on some feedback received as probably being new and not being able to handle the heat. That’s why they bought Kw

1 hour ago, maniac said:

This team is SRH lite: stole the template of the team that constantly punches above it’s weight. Kudos though, nakal ke liye bhi akal chahiye :nice: 

Ah ha so you see shades of your team SRH in GT! ... As the saying goes "a mother finds her child to be the most beautiful". Now if she sees a beautiful child, her natural tendency is to compare that child with her own child. 

GT has an interesting schedule ahead. It takes almost a week off before coming back to the park. AMD has favored chasing teams so far therefore an opportunity for the team to sit back and devise appropriate tactics. 

The first batch of 3 group games: plays LSG away, MI at home, and KKR away 

Next 3 group games: plays DC at home, RR away, and LSG at home 

The last batch of 3 group games: plays MI away, SRH at home, and then it gets almost a week off before it plays RCB away 

From LSG away to LSG home, the next 6 group games, are going to be crucial. Most of the games are at batting-friendly venues so it could go with an 11 like below for the next few games: 

Saha 

Gill 

SDP - can offer flexibility to take on either the Saha or the Gill role depending on who gets out, allowing him to set the tone

Miller - a spot higher means he gets relatively more time to settle down 

Shanaka - If he clicks, it adds depth to the GT lineup 

Tewatia 

Rashid

Kishore or Mavi or equivalent 

Joseph or Little or Noor 

Shami

Mohit

Impact player: Abhinav or Shankar or equivalent