Jadeja joins Rohit, Kohli and Bumrah in highest grade of BCCI contracts

sage

On 3/27/2023 at 4:02 AM, LordPrabhzy said:

Bumrah and Pant contracts on what basis?

Bumrah is perennially injured and Pant wont return for 1- 2 years.

Umm thats the way contracts are drawn up! And not just the central contract retainer of inr 5cr but even his IPL fees.

Pant stands to gain inr ( HOW DO WE MAKE THAT RUPEE SYMBOL USING THE KEYBOARD? I KNOW I CAN COPY IT OFF A WEBSITE :mad: ) 15-20cr from IPL 2023. All this without even playing a single game.

In case of injury, the insurance company would pay more than 50% of the game fees. The rest is paid by the BCCI. The franchise has to pay him nothing.

13 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

There is no real effort to be 

2.6 crores + 14 crores + 14 crores

last 3 years

Last 3 yeasr 30.6 crores

He is content to be part of IPL. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/ipl-2023-deepak-chahar-gets-chepauk-roaring-a-day-after-losing-bcci-contract-watch-101679923803088.html

Watch: Deepak Chahar gets Chepauk roaring a day after losing BCCI contract

So now even Deepak Chahar has a fan army.

I wonder what Rahane and Pujara must be feeling...years of toiling international cricket and yet no fan army support them to that extend.

Not sure if I shall laugh or feel sad about it.

Some future players like Jaiswal and even Sarfraz who have done very well in domestic cricket have to be included in C catagory, this will motivate both players to keep going knowing their efforts are not going unnoticed and also selectors to select them into squads.

First step for any player is to get into the squad.These contracts could help young players to get into squads.

The selections have been brainless for a  long time with no real planning done for future.

On 3/28/2023 at 1:48 AM, singhvivek141 said:

So now even Deepak Chahar has a fan army.

I wonder what Rahane and Pujara must be feeling...years of toiling international cricket and yet no fan army support them to that extend.

Not sure if I shall laugh or feel sad about it.

Jayadev also made over 35 crores in IPL. But that guy atleast has the passion to play Test cricket any international cricket in formats.  Regardless of how good he is he values the national cap. I don't see that with some bowlers. They are quiet content with what they make in the IPL. 

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't see that with some bowlers. They are quiet content with what they make in the IPL. 

It is almost the case for every indian player coming through the ranks. IPL is fast and easy money for just less than 3 months of work. The mindset changed long ago. Fans are foolish not to realize this.

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Jayadev also made over 35 crores in IPL. But that guy atleast has the passion to play Test cricket any international cricket in formats.  Regardless of how good he is he values the national cap. I don't see that with some bowlers. They are quiet content with what they make in the IPL. 

Deepak Chahar knows his ceiling and stamina,he knows he's at best a 2-3 over bowler,who has nothing barring natural swing(heavily conditions dependent), can't compete with the rigours of long odi or test/fc spells

Although way back in 2010/11 Ranji season he made a mockery of Hyderabad lineup claiming 8 for 10 runs,he was debuting then

He is existing because of pathetic fast bowling culture associated with CSK,may have a future with SRH as well with Boobie at helm

4 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Deepak Chahar knows his ceiling and stamina,he knows he's at best a 2-3 over bowler,who has nothing barring natural swing(heavily conditions dependent), can't compete with the rigours of long odi or test/fc spells

Although way back in 2010/11 Ranji season he made a mockery of Hyderabad lineup claiming 8 for 10 runs,he was debuting then

He is existing because of pathetic fast bowling culture associated with CSK,may have a future with SRH as well with Boobie at helm

True. Becoming part of CSK's nucleus is like government job or TCS job. You are going to be there for a long time as long as Dhoni captains. Almost everyone who joined there and did well got to stay for very long period.