KKR for wooden spoon?

Chakdephatte

Who will get the prestigious wooden spoon?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the prestigious wooden spoon?

• Ami KKR
    • Delhi Daredevils
    • Punjab Kings, i.e, PKMBK
    • RRR ( Rajasthan Runner-Up Royals)
    • RCB
    • Chuski Super Kings
    • SRH
    • Mumbai Indians
    • KL Rahul's team (as lsg sounds terrible)
    • Defending Champions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/15/2023 at 06:30 PM

SRH won't be most probably, they have got Markram and Tripathi who are 2 very good performers in the IPL. Abhishek Sharma, Washy and Umran are other 3 players who will more or less perform decently is more than 50% of the matches they will play.
Harry Brook, Klassen and Phillips are lottery but even if they are able to fire in 3-4 games, it's enough to avoid the wodden spoon.

KKR, MI and PBKS are the frontrunners for me...they all look incomplete due to x,y,z reasons.

27 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Sorry to shatter your hopes, but ee salaa spoon namde.

You've rid yourself of Kohli's captaincy.

That was your superpower and would propel you towards the wooden spoon. Now your side is textbook mediocre.

PS: Why is the slogan of RCB in Bhojpuri? 

Difficult to say before the tournament but below are some general observations. Teams in alphabetical order: 

CSK: Will be playing in Chennai again. However, unsure if CSK is now a team that can take advantage of spin-friendly pitches. 

DC: Reliant on selected players, who will have to do extremely well. Warner is the captain but he is not the old Warner anymore. 

KKR: A few good players like Russell have to have a great tournament. Nitesh Rana, who is surprisingly 29 now, is the captain. 

LSG: The banana factor (Y'day, I was eating a banana and it reminded me of KL). Players such as Moshin are injured again. However, like other teams, has some good players. 

MI: Bowling attack is weak. Rohit is the captain and MI could hope it was Harampreet Kaur. Has some good ARs and SKY. 

PK: Have avoided the wooden spoon in the recent past so maybe now. Has some good players like other teams. 

RCB: A good team on paper till the game begins. 

RR: The team looks good overall so will have to play trash cricket to end up with a wooden spoon. 

SRH: As a good set of competitive players but can easily lose the plot. 

9 hours ago, zen said:

Difficult to say before the tournament but below are some general observations. Teams in alphabetical order: 

CSK: Will be playing in Chennai again. However, unsure if CSK is now a team that can take advantage of spin-friendly pitches. 

DC: Reliant on selected players, who will have to do extremely well. Warner is the captain but he is not the old Warner anymore. 

KKR: A few good players like Russell have to have a great tournament. Nitesh Rana, who is surprisingly 29 now, is the captain. 

LSG: The banana factor (Y'day, I was eating a banana and it reminded me of KL). Players such as Moshin are injured again. However, like other teams, has some good players. 

MI: Bowling attack is weak. Rohit is the captain and MI could hope it was Harampreet Kaur. Has some good ARs and SKY. 

PK: Have avoided the wooden spoon in the recent past so maybe now. Has some good players like other teams. 

RCB: A good team on paper till the game begins. 

RR: The team looks good overall so will have to play trash cricket to end up with a wooden spoon. 

SRH: As a good set of competitive players but can easily lose the plot. 

I don't know about Canadian English, but in Queen's English 'G' is between 'D' and 'K'.

There is a certain team called GT whose criticism you seem to have skipped over.

Your post doesn't belie your loyalties.

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I don't know about Canadian English, but in Queen's English 'G' is between 'D' and 'K'.

There is a certain team called GT whose criticism you seem to have skipped over.

Your post doesn't belie your loyalties.

As a fan, difficult to find too many weak points but I would say guys like Shami would need to be in good rhythm and fit. Also GT is one of the teams that would travel a lot as it does not play 2 games in a row at home in the league stage. However, GT has Mavi & Dayal so these bowlers can be rotated if required so they can remain fresh. 

Odean Smith is there who can be like a double edged sword. But he is likely to be played if in good form. 

On 3/27/2023 at 10:57 PM, Mariyam said:

That team with KL Rahul as the captain and a Colin's kitchen cleaning rag as their jersey will win the wooden spoon.

They changed the jersey. Now it looks like retro India blue. Name is still terrible but the team played eliminator even last year and now added Pooran and Wood. No way they are doing badly.

Edited by Chakdephatte

6 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

They changed the jersey. Now it looks like retro India blue. Name is still terrible but the team played eliminator and now added Pooran and Wood. No way they are doing badly.

I am convinced.

Changing the jersey could have a dramatic effect on their campaign.

Now I think Kings XI Preity Zinta will finish last.

39 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I am convinced.

Changing the jersey could have a dramatic effect on their campaign.

Now I think Kings XI Preity Zinta will finish last.

They played eliminator last year. They should go two better this year to lose the final to :mi:

Edited by Chakdephatte

4 hours ago, Majestic said:

Roy/ Gurbaz/Litton

V Iyer

----

Rana

Rinku

Russell

Narine

Thakur

Ferguson

Umesh 

VC

They are still struggling for a batting option at 3.

They need to bring Jagadeesan into the top 3
Jagadeesan is not a dasher but is in form so can play at 125-130 SR. He also keeps so that eliminates the dependency on Gurbaz/Litton, and Roy can walk in to XI.

V Iyer 
Roy/Litton/Gurbaz
Jaggi (wk)
Rinku
Ranaji
Russell
Narine
Thakur

Ferguson/Southee/Weise

Umesh

Harshit
Impact : VC