BJP will lose Karnataka next month

cowboysfan

Karnataka Is Our Land, Not Yours': Auto-driver Gets Angry, Asks Passengers to Speak Kannada | WATCH

In the video, the driver was heard telling the passengers to speak Kannada. The passengers responded that they will not speak Kannada

A

video went viral on Twitter showing an auto-rickshaw driver and passengers involved in a heated argument over the language in Karnataka.

In the video, the driver was heard telling the passengers to speak Kannada. The passengers responded that they will not speak Kannada.

The video posted by ‘We Dravidians’ on Twitter has garnered over four million views so far.

The argument began when the auto driver asked the passengers to speak in Kannada. One of the passengers responded, “No, we will not speak in Kannada, why should we speak in Kannada?"

https://www.news18.com/india/karnataka-is-our-land-not-yours-auto-driver-gets-angry-asks-passengers-to-speak-kannada-watch-7276051.html

40 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Karnataka Is Our Land, Not Yours': Auto-driver Gets Angry, Asks Passengers to Speak Kannada | WATCH

In the video, the driver was heard telling the passengers to speak Kannada. The passengers responded that they will not speak Kannada

A

video went viral on Twitter showing an auto-rickshaw driver and passengers involved in a heated argument over the language in Karnataka.

In the video, the driver was heard telling the passengers to speak Kannada. The passengers responded that they will not speak Kannada.

The video posted by ‘We Dravidians’ on Twitter has garnered over four million views so far.

The argument began when the auto driver asked the passengers to speak in Kannada. One of the passengers responded, “No, we will not speak in Kannada, why should we speak in Kannada?"

https://www.news18.com/india/karnataka-is-our-land-not-yours-auto-driver-gets-angry-asks-passengers-to-speak-kannada-watch-7276051.html

this is not the way to promote Kannada.these people look like Tech workers and most are here for a few years and most have no interest in learning a  new language as they are already overworked.the best way to promote Kannada is though school and college learning.

2 hours ago, bsriharsha said:

I look at this and this frankly is stupid idiocy. Hindi as a language should not claim to represent the language of the entirety of Indian populace. 

I never said Hindi did I? If somebody says that I am a Kannadiga or Tamilian first and then an Indian, it is not the idea of a nation

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

A

Even when you are a tourist Kashmiris stay silent when u praise India.

These so called Dravidian supremacists are a weird bunch altogether. 

3 hours ago, bsriharsha said:

It is getting imposed when people expect others to have knowledge of Hindi and then go "you should know hindi mode" for people for whom it really doesn't matter 95% of the time. 

It gets imposed when people look down on southern languages be it tamil, telugu, kannada or Malayalam. All 4 of which are older languages with a richer history than what is in essence an amalgamation of different hindustani dialects. 

People in North might have forgotten their native lingo but to expect people in south Indian states or Maharashtra, Bengal to do the same isn't done.

As far as most South Indians are concerned , English is the default mode of conversation when two people from different languages speak. That's the global norm and that's fine for us. 

So. I am a south Indian who has also lived in North and East. Apart from general blatant victim hood, I don't see any specifics in your observation. By policy regional languages are encouraged the highest at this point. Nobody can force anyone to learn any language.

But it's natural to have some feel for the language which majority understands and speak. Now you lump all north as Hindi speakers itself shows you haven't been around North. If you go to tier 2 / 3 towns Gujarat, they don't speak Hindi. So it's not everyone's first or preferred language. But Hindi opens up markets and makes communication easier. 

I have never seen anyone being forced to speak in Hindi. But I do recall a time when I was forced to speak Bengali. 

19 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

This thing is limited to Tamilnadu. In Bangalore, they are trying to rake this up in election time but overwhelming majority in Karnataka doesn't give a sh!t about this. 

Karnataka, AP and even Mallus are pretty chill about someone speaking Hindi.

On 4/23/2023 at 8:16 AM, bsriharsha said:

There's a difference between respect for a language and having that language imposed all over India. 

Fwiw, I'm from Hyderabad and understand and speak Hindi pretty well, quite better than a lot of people from the so called north. I still don't want hindi to be imposed anywhere. 

It's not a national language of India. 

It's not a national language...agree on that point. 
It should not be imposed/forced on anyone...completely agree.
Hindi just like English is an easier mode of communicating between people from different states, nothing more. But it's also true that most of the people in Telangana and North Karnataka will switch to Hindi before English while communicating with an outsider. 

This is an advantage which Hyderabad has over other cities from south and hence people here are easily able to adjust if they have to go and work in North...same story vice versa. I am staying in Hyderabad from last 12 years and have stayed at places like Ameerpet, Malkajgiri, Madhapur and Lingampally...only faced some language issues in Ameerpet and that's it.

There are many South Indians who work in the Cement Industries/ BHEL etc in MP and UP....most of them are either from Telangana or Karnataka because they either knew Hindi from start or were quick to adapt. I haven't met anyone from Tamil Nadu and only 1-2 people from Andhra Pradesh/Kerala.

Edited by singhvivek141

On 4/23/2023 at 10:46 AM, bsriharsha said:

There's a difference between respect for a language and having that language imposed all over India. 

Fwiw, I'm from Hyderabad and understand and speak Hindi pretty well, quite better than a lot of people from the so called north. I still don't want hindi to be imposed anywhere. 

Does seeing any Hindi fonts in public space make you mad? Does somebody talking in Hindi make you mad?

That's the reality, and been the reaction of those asking about no Hindi imposition. There is zero tolerance. Remember the intolerance debate few years back, so the same question arises, why are you so intolerant?

On 4/19/2023 at 11:33 PM, bsriharsha said:

People of Karnataka have grown sick of Karnataka BJP and their tall promises with no intent of fulfillment. 

Tejasvi Surya proving himself to be a dunce of the first order is one. 

Hindi imposition is another. 

South India requires a different mindset which is difficult for a National party to hold power. They may win the odd election especially in places like Karnataka where there are more Pro-Hindu or Hindutva elements. 

But at the end of , South Indians can't be fed the same "Hindu khatre mein hai" diatribe. 

The only backward state in South India is the present Andhra state which is majorly due to the bifurcation and Jagan being the corrupt bastard that he is. The BJP logic won't work there itself because of the broken promises on special status by Modi. 

Only hope that the South Indian parties (irrespective of differences) come together as a forward bloc and present a unified front. 

Ahh, back to the United States of India project? And why group all southern states as one block of South India? They have their own uniqueness/

Like north India, southern states have their own big politics of caste, dynasty. BJP is relatively newbie and will only grow. The same applies to AAP, and it's up to the traditional regional parties to innovate, as they represent the status quo and establishment, not BJP.

On 4/23/2023 at 5:21 PM, cowboysfan said:

this is not the way to promote Kannada.these people look like Tech workers and most are here for a few years and most have no interest in learning a  new language as they are already overworked.the best way to promote Kannada is though school and college learning.

That is not the problem here. Naarthies expect south indians to bend over backwards and speak in useless indhi language and make zero efforts to learn south indian languages when they live in South India and talk down to the locals.

Edited by Stan AF

On 4/23/2023 at 5:45 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Whole lot of nonsense that is irrelevant to the topic discussed here. Learn basic comprehension.

On 4/23/2023 at 8:16 AM, bsriharsha said:

Do not be fooled by pro BJP voices in this forum. Indhi will be shoved in any manner upon south whenever they get a chance. Recently the Karnataka Milk Federation and the Tamilnadu AAVIN was pushed to include the indhi word dahi and not use the respective Tamil & Kannada words for it. After a backlash the FSSAI order was withdrawn. 

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/karnataka/following-uproar-fssai-withdraws-order-to-use-the-word-dahi-on-curd-packet/article66679049.ece

CRPF exams could be given only in 2 languages and again after dissent voices from TN and Karnataka, question papers from regional languages were included.  https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/karnataka/now-controversy-over-ignoring-kannada-in-crpf-exams/article66721002.ece

After the backlash the  regional languages were included  https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/exams-for-constable-recruitment-in-capfs-to-be-held-in-13-regional-languages-other-than-hindi-and-english-mha/article66740309.ece

Last year they very slyly tried to replace English with Hindi as a medium of instruction in central universities, IITs and KV's. Tell me what is the point of learning engineering and sciences in Indhi. I am 100% sure that even bjp members in this forum send their kids to english medium schools and colleges.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/kerala/cm-joins-stalin-in-opposing-the-centres-move-to-impose-hindi-as-medium-of-education/article65997172.ece

I could go on and on the list is neverending.

Edited by Stan AF

On 4/23/2023 at 3:22 PM, bsriharsha said:

It is getting imposed when people expect others to have knowledge of Hindi and then go "you should know hindi mode" for people for whom it really doesn't matter 95% of the time. 

It gets imposed when people look down on southern languages be it tamil, telugu, kannada or Malayalam. All 4 of which are older languages with a richer history than what is in essence an amalgamation of different hindustani dialects. 

People in North might have forgotten their native lingo but to expect people in south Indian states or Maharashtra, Bengal to do the same isn't done.

As far as most South Indians are concerned , English is the default mode of conversation when two people from different languages speak. That's the global norm and that's fine for us. 

By saying 'richer' instead of simply 'rich' history, you are the one looking down upon Hindi....

Foreigners also find Indian culture from the north to be attractive , some Indians could do better

On 4/24/2023 at 8:14 PM, Stan AF said:

Do not be fooled by pro BJP voices in this forum. Indhi will be shoved in any manner upon south whenever they get a chance. Recently the Karnataka Milk Federation and the Tamilnadu AAVIN was pushed to include the indhi word dahi and not use the respective Tamil & Kannada words for it. After a backlash the FSSAI order was withdrawn. 

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/karnataka/following-uproar-fssai-withdraws-order-to-use-the-word-dahi-on-curd-packet/article66679049.ece

CRPF exams could be given only in 2 languages and again after dissent voices from TN and Karnataka, question papers from regional languages were included.  https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/karnataka/now-controversy-over-ignoring-kannada-in-crpf-exams/article66721002.ece

After the backlash the  regional languages were included  https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/exams-for-constable-recruitment-in-capfs-to-be-held-in-13-regional-languages-other-than-hindi-and-english-mha/article66740309.ece

Last year they very slyly tried to replace English with Hindi as a medium of instruction in central universities, IITs and KV's. Tell me what is the point of learning engineering and sciences in Indhi. I am 100% sure that even bjp members in this forum send their kids to english medium schools and colleges.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/kerala/cm-joins-stalin-in-opposing-the-centres-move-to-impose-hindi-as-medium-of-education/article65997172.ece

I could go on and on the list is neverending.

Good post. But to be honest, this is not something that is unique to the BJP. Some of the strongest advocates to make Hindi the Rashtra bhasha were originally from the Congress.

Pew had done a survey and the response in Central India to a question which linked speaking Hindi to Indian identity was exceptionally strong. 

I studied in top 10 MBA college in the country and you would still have inebriated dudes who would come up to me and tell me that the fact that my preferred  languafe of communication is English makes them angry. And the fact that the South as a whole chooses not to communicate in Hindi makes them angry. 

If the South and states with strong regional cultures do not band together, we will continue to slide and become second class citizens to the homogenesing influenceof the Gangetic culture - politically, economically, culturally