RINKU SINGH : Remember the name

Lord

23 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Him and Tewatia are both clutch af lower order batsmen. We should not be creating threads about where the finishers are when we don't pick any of the ones who are capable of becoming just that when the time to select the Indian team comes around.

When it comes to selection, the criteria is no of runs scored in the season.

7 hours ago, Majestic said:

Mazza aa gaya..

@zen Bhai ki The Wolves ko pel Diya Rinku ne aakhri over me :phehe:

Credit to Rinku! … With GT,  one can expect a memorable game (one way or the other)

Appears as if GT tends to mess up 1 game per season in the last over. Last yr, that game v MI. This yr, the KKR game.

12 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

Him and Tewatia are both clutch af lower order batsmen. We should not be creating threads about where the finishers are when we don't pick any of the ones who are capable of becoming just that when the time to select the Indian team comes around.

The selectors would rather pick stat padders tuk-tuking their way to slow 50s even in T20 games. Tewatiya was picked in the squad for one series and was dropped like he never existed. 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Can Rinku be groomed to be our Raina? one area he is not close to Raina is Raina's ability to start from going after bowling from ball one.  Hitting ball to unusual areas is another thing that Raina is good at.

Am not really sure that he is incapable of hitting from ball one. In both the big knocks he has played in IPL 23, he has had to stem the rot first before taking over. Majboori.

He did a very effective job of letting Thakur take the hitting mantle by rotating the strike, and again he had to run a rescue operation after the Rashid Khan hat-trick.

I remember the name, and he should move closer to Ind A in all formats. my "hot take" is that his best format is actually List A. I can see him becoming a potentially very good no. 5 or no. 6 batter. rinku, axar, and pandu should be in the mix for these positions.

For ODIs:

1. kishan ?? [mostly for keeping ability]

2. Gill

3. Brattus

4. S. Iyer for SC; need a proper no. 4 outside SC [maybe jaiswal/gaekwad can play in MO]

5. Rinku [if Kela wasn't a mental midget, he would fit fairly well here and can also keep]

6. Pandu [more for pace bowling than batting]

7. axar [backup: sundaram]

8. rando AR ??

9. kuldeep yadav

10. boomer

11. siraj