OK I’ll say it: IPL can use Pakistani phhhhasht bowlers.

maniac

2 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Pakistan has 4-5 bowlers who deserve to be picked by IPL sides. It's an undeniable fact. But they have to compete with Boult, Nortje, Archer, Curran for that one spot. Don't think it will add a lot of value to the league overall. @maniac

Boult, Nortje I agree.Curran is more of an allrounder which adds to his value. I have not see Archer do anything to live up to the hype.

One thing I admire about Pak fast bowlers is they know what they want, they don’t play tests so they are always fit and available for T20’s and leagues and always bowl full throttle. That’s my observation.

I think we down play their T20 team a little too much. Somewhere between our ridicule and Pakistani fans overhyping as they don’t have much going for them, this gets lost I feel. Even their bits and pieces players like Nawaz, Ifthikar, Shadab are better than ours in that format. Obviously in IPL they will play as overseas so only so much you can accommodate.

I rate their T20 team highly.

Shaheen with his early wkt taking capability,Rauf with pace and slow balls and Shadab with AR capability are prime contenders.to get a chance..even nawaj as well..

if Inshanullah keeps on delivering he may too get chance..Zaman khan with pace and accuracy is good too..

Also another angle is, every other player plays them in leagues around the world..but Indian batsmen gets to play them in major tournaments only..so our many batters are not used to them..playing them in IPL will make them more comfortable..for ex SKY playing against them here will give some calmness to him when he faces them in green color..

I am very much sure, our batters may struggle against Inshanullah and Zaman when they face for the first time..

Rauf and Shaheen are better bowlers than any bowler we have right now.They have more pace and they have more wicket taking ability also.

They both would be among the best bowlers in IPL. They are better fast bowlers  than Mark wood or any fast bowler present in IPL.

Edited by putrevus

That miracle Stoinis-Wade partnership in 2021 SF, super clutch Curran/Stokes in 2022 final, poyzz were on course to winning both those WCs despite outdated batting approach. They are comfortably ahead of us as a T20I side.

Different story in test cricket though.

Edited by Gollum

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

That miracle Stoinis-Wade partnership in 2021 SF, super clutch Curran/Stokes in 2022 final, poyzz were on course to winning both those WCs despite outdated batting approach. They are comfortably ahead of us as a T20I side.

Different story in test cricket though.

Indeed they tend to raise their game in ICC tourneys off late.

Their team selections are flexible & not rigid like ours.  And big thumbs up to their selectors & PCB coaching staff. 

The kind of momentum they gathered late in WC 19 was also a thing to watch out.  Narrowly missed out on Semi to NZ.  Lost a winnable match vs Australia outta nowhere. 

Beat both Eng &,  NZ in league stages. 

Indian teams have tried to copy Aussie methods of backing players too much without considering the fact are they even good enough at the biggest stage? 

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

Shadab Khan too is a champion, walks into world XI atm. As a package I rate him above Rashid Khan.

Nah...I don't rate Shadab. There are many better or equally good leg spinners in IPL...so he won't add much of a value.

Shaheen, Rauf, Naseem, Irfanullah, Babar, Rizwan, Nawaz and chacha Iftiqar will be picked

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Who is 5' 11 bowler right now for India?

Aren’t Bumrah, Siraj, Umran 5’10 or thereabouts? Arshdeep must be taller. Sen? Unadkat lol? I’m not sure. Point is 5’11 is nothing to talk about. It’s almost a non factor when it comes to height.

26 minutes ago, MK55 said:

Aren’t Bumrah, Siraj, Umran 5’10 or thereabouts? Arshdeep must be taller. Sen? Unadkat lol? I’m not sure. Point is 5’11 is nothing to talk about. It’s almost a non factor when it comes to height.

It is not just his height, it is his 145 k plus speed plus ability to reverse a little bit consistent wicket taking ability.

Umran is 5'8 05 maybe 5'9.

Afridi might be the best new ball bowler. India has no one to match their skills.

48 minutes ago, putrevus said:

It is not just his height, it is his 145 k plus speed plus ability to reverse a little bit consistent wicket taking ability.

Umran is 5'8 05 maybe 5'9.

Afridi might be the best new ball bowler. India has no one to match their skills.

Yes, he’s definitely got skills (pace, accuracy, general common sense) and a top bowler especially in T20s

Theres just no way Umran is 5’8 of even 5’9

hes comfortable taller than Shami/Kohli.

He’s probably about half an inch shorter than Bumrah, from the pics I’ve seen.