Atiq Ahmad, his brother Ashraf shot dead in Prayagraj, 3 attackers arrested

Austin 3:!6

18 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I am a Sunni Pathan from my fathers side. As mainstream as it gets. 

That aside, the reason I quoted the picture is because it is symptomatic of your post: The woman there is wearing a Rida. It is a Bohri exclusive garment. 

Do you not find it ironic? You want to tell me, a Muslim, who has lived in a Muslim majority area for some years of her life, what the Muslim on the street thinks. However, you can't even identify a common garment that is worn by sections of the community who claim to know down to a tee.

I don't know why you bring up the picture to prove any point. The reason I added the picture was to compare how the prophet family superficially dresses up in comparision ,
I have grown up in a neighborhood bordering a Muslim neighborhood, Now, it's all mixed over as the Muslim neighborhood has outgrown. I hardly recognize some of the neighbors who have grown beards and most women wear burqas or naqabs. They have generally turned more conservative. Don't know about any radicalism issues. We have not had any issues with ganpati procession or Bakrid sacrifices, so far. But, with that background, the perception nationally is that Muslimes in a poor neighborhood with madrassas etc are hardly mainstream in society and are backward, it is the Mullahs and politically influential that encourage them to look westward and hence the soceity is turning more conservative and radical in some places in Mewat/WB/Kerala etc.

You cite some 'liberal' from Pakistan to make your point. However, I have no idea who he is and do not want to comment on that. But Pakistani standards of liberalism are different than ours. Most Pakistanis claim that Jinnah was a liberal. Beats me how someone who wanted a separate country basis faith can be considered a liberal.

Jinnah was a pork-eating, Shia Muslim having married a Parsi. His daughter also married a Parsi. He got influenced by Barelivis, Deobandis etc and wanted to create Pakistan as a neogitation tool for political leadership. He would give up Pakistan and even MaGa proposed he would be the PM. Nehru wouldn't have any of it and partition happened. He is a liberal for creating a secular nation of Pakistan because he didn't want the Dalits to leave fearing nobody would clean toilets in Pakistan. He called Pakistan a secular state. 

Most Muslims do not think of things in terms of race. Nor do they think they are superior because of their race. The feeling of superiority comes from the notion that their belief is superior to other beliefs.

Also, the Syeds , Qureishis, Ansaris or Shaikhs of India have become honorific titles over the years. Belies the true lineage. Its a name someone would adopt, mostly just after conversion to be viewed as someone important within the community. It is some form of upward mobility.

I

Ok, we will have our views, but it's not just me but popular opinion about SA Muslims looking westward not only during sajda/praying. They still keep names that make them look like they were born in M-E, nothing with any Indian civilizational names like Suresh, Ramesh etc. They would still name them religion agnostic  names earlier like Rinku, Pinky etc before the Jamaat-e-islami influenced them to be Mohds, Ashrafs, Alis, Ahmeds etc. An Indonesian Muslim has names very different symbolizing their heritage and wouldn't have M-E names lilke the SubCont muslims. 

Edited by coffee_rules

@coffee_rulesBhai, watch the movie "The Great Indian Family". There is a chain set of events among Hindu community as soon as Vicky Kaushal is identified as Muslim. Thats the key problem of Hindus, All the Muslims in India and the way they behave is biproduct of that problem. Else how can one jexplain a lot of Muslims (even In Pakistan)keeping their Hindu surnames till date.

Edited by mishra

On 4/3/2024 at 7:19 AM, Mariyam said:

You cite some 'liberal' from Pakistan to make your point. However, I have no idea who he is and do not want to comment on that. But Pakistani standards of liberalism are different than ours. Most Pakistanis claim that Jinnah was a liberal. Beats me how someone who wanted a separate country basis faith can be considered a liberal.

Actually, so called liberal Pakistanis whom I have met, They sput too much emphasis on term "Secular" to be solution of all issues. I was confused why they are so much confused and mix problems. Then it dawned on me that they validate Indian problems using problem lens of "Islamic Republic of Pakistan".

19 minutes ago, mishra said:

Actually, so called liberal Pakistanis whom I have met, They sput too much emphasis on term "Secular" to be solution of all issues. I was confused why they are so much confused and mix problems. Then it dawned on me that they validate Indian problems using problem lens of "Islamic Republic of Pakistan".

Secularism in Pakistan means something else. It means that  in the Islamic Repulic of Pakistan they will let other religion people live without forcibly converting them or killing them off!! 

31 minutes ago, mishra said:

@coffee_rulesBhai, watch the movie "The Great Indian Family". There is a chain set of events among Hindu community as soon as Vicky Kaushal is identified as Muslim. Thats the key problem of Hindus, All the Muslims in India and the way they behave is biproduct of that problem. Else how can one jexplain a lot of Muslims (even In Pakistan)keeping their Hindu surnames till date.

Don’t get it. What’s that problem of Hindus that triggers Muslims to behave that (whatever) way

12 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Don’t get it. What’s that problem of Hindus that triggers Muslims to behave that (whatever) way

Watch the movie. You will realise. Its a issue if we can resolve, most likely we will not have any issue in Indian context at all. I firmly belive , Its Hindus who are not providing a path against enforced Islam on  converted Hindus

On 4/2/2024 at 4:58 PM, coffee_rules said:

Agree if all feel the same. You can't keep this opinion if the other side wants to annihilate you . Out of place in this thread. 

There were a number of posts discussing how one group of Muslims felt superior to another group of Muslims. I was responding to that.

On 3/29/2024 at 2:01 PM, Lone Wolf said:

UP Hindus seem to be easily subjugated...  Throughout the history we have seen this..  These Mafias really used to dominate so many people is beyond believable. 

These BIMARU state Hindus also seem to divided severely on caste lines...  Won't survive a future civil war. 

Ansaris have long history of domination in the region. 

We are probably looking at 2029-2031 window for a possible CW.  UP is gonna be toast...  Rest of the country will manage. 

UP will be fine as long as BJP will be in power. But yeah not safe under non-BJP rule.

But nothing is happening to Bihari Hindus. Despite caste differences they know when to get their act together. You will not hear about many stone pelting incidents on Hindu processions in Bihar, despite large M population. If it happens there's always  retribution, even under RJD rule.

The one time they crossed limits, it lead to the Massive Bhagalpur Riots. That area is heavily M populated but still they remain in control to this day. Infact large part of the post-Godhra rioting was done by the Bihari mazdoors. Bihari Hindus also have the highest fertility rate, so no worries on that front too.