Pre-Match Discussion | ICC WTC Final | India vs Australia | Oval| Jun 07 - Jun 12

Predict the winner  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the WTC Finals?

• India
    • Australia
    • Draw
    • Tie

59 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Michael Neser is in some form in County & is expected to slot in over unfit Hazelwood. 

Marcus Harris is taking up runs in County but Warner is likely to be given one final shot in WTC (good for us) 

Labu has also scored a ton. 

Smith is relatively struggling.  But he loves Indian bowling so.... 

India is really up against it.   This is toughest test match ever since the Gabba miracle for us. 

Yeah but didnt know that match was only after 10 days of IPL. LOL.

How is our preparation? Aussies are already there with so much at stake,also they have ASHES series after that. 

And I'm not worried about humiliation anyway. Look at the Indian batting line up, Kohli, Pujara,Bharat are walking wickets. Rohit is no world beater either. (Btw where is Bharat guy, is he playing in IPL?) Australia is far superior team, even at Home we won thanks to dogdy pitches and harakari by Australia in one session. Otherwise India is no match for Australia. Also Pant missing is big loss. Nothing to see in this match. Hope it doens't get over inside 3 days. 

38 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Yeah but didnt know that match was only after 10 days of IPL. LOL.

How is our preparation? Aussies are already there with so much at stake,also they have ASHES series after that. 

And I'm not worried about humiliation anyway. Look at the Indian batting line up, Kohli, Pujara,Bharat are walking wickets. Rohit is no world beater either. (Btw where is Bharat guy, is he playing in IPL?) Australia is far superior team, even at Home we won thanks to dogdy pitches and harakari by Australia in one session. Otherwise India is no match for Australia. Also Pant missing is big loss. Nothing to see in this match. Hope it doens't get over inside 3 days. 

Australia is by far a much superior team based on sheer skill & Talent. 

But we have got their number in recent past & that's the only thing I am betting on... 

Maybe Rahane & Kohli have one last bit of fire in them...  Maybe Gill clicks or India plays Kishan who somehow does the unthinkable. 

India losing is a 80% probability but Oval gives us a outside chance. 

This oldie XI has played in England gazillion times now so exposure to conditions is not a problem. 

55 minutes ago, AKane said:

If Bharat is a dodgy keeper, is Kishan more competent?

Slogging in England will also be a bit different compared to slogging in India esp in IPL.

Pant slogs although more secured defensive game than Kishan.  I feel Kishan could really damage hit the deck kind bowling...  

Bharat is hopeless...  Guy is worse than Samson behind the stumps vs half decent pace.   Less said about his technique the better.  Horrible player,  meek defensive bottler feel about him. 

54 minutes ago, AKane said:

After the humiliation heaped on the Aussie quicks in Brisbane and then in India, they will look to hit back this test.

We will counter them with the Three Musketeers - Axar, Ashwin and Jadeja. The "Three" brought us to the dance and we have to dance with who brought us here.

Axar ain't playing..  Ashwin was dealt with by Aussies in India...  He has lost so much bite in his bowling.  Off spin anyways is a dying art & without doosra is redundant.  Plus Ashwin doesn't puts his body into the ball &,  leads to less revs on ball than Lyon.

Jaddu could be impactful though. 

6 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Australia is by far a much superior team based on sheer skill & Talent. 

But we have got their number in recent past & that's the only thing I am betting on... 

Maybe Rahane & Kohli have one last bit of fire in them...  Maybe Gill clicks or India plays Kishan who somehow does the unthinkable. 

India losing is a 80% probability but Oval gives us a outside chance. 

This oldie XI has played in England gazillion times now so exposure to conditions is not a problem. 

Will settle for a draw. Being it is oval we could bata 2 days if we want.

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Will settle for a draw. Being it is oval we could bata 2 days if we want.

We struggled in Oval in our 1st inns in THAT test...  Thakur's blistering knock outta nowhere gave some respectabillity.  I fully expect us to get shot out below 200 in our ist inns again 

Can you imagine the fear of the Aussies when they see the likes of Gill, Rahane, Jadeja never mind the National Treasure or Ishan Kishan showing up in the WTC?  I tell you the Aussies are scared.

/sarc

Now the greatest challenge for these guys will be leaving alone the ball six inches outside off stump. It won't be a wide in test cricket.

1 hour ago, AKane said:

Now the greatest challenge for these guys will be leaving alone the ball six inches outside off stump. It won't be a wide in test cricket.

I mean even Wriddhiman Saha scored 50+ in the final at a great rate while opening batting and a lot this IPL. The guy is nearing 39/40 in age..... I mean all these IPL runs must mean something right? At least a score of 400+ in 1st Inn of WTC for India?

Edited by AKane
6 hours ago, AKane said:

Can you imagine the fear of the Aussies when they see the likes of Gill, Rahane, Jadeja

They should, the 3 names you mentioned (along with a few others) combined to beat them in their backyard couple of years ago. Unlike certain other countries who haven't drawn a test in Aus the last 20+ years. 

59 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Any Aussies played in IPL finals? Hoping Indian players don't go undercooked for this match.

Nope- none.

They will have 2/3 weeks of acclimatisation to red ball cricket while our stars will reach there undercooked, not having any practice matches or generally not touching a red ball for many months.

The ONLY silver lining is that as the weather has been brilliant for the last week and forecasted to be great till midweek next week, indian batsmen might be competitive on a dry Oval pitch without the ball swinging. knowing our luck the sunny spell could end the very day the match starts :facepalm: