Rahane, KL Rahul in India World Test Championship squad

Texan

On 4/25/2023 at 6:40 PM, putrevus said:

I agree, they should have given guy like Jaiswal a chance.These useless selectors have no vision on future.They recalled Pujara and now Rahane, Ishant is next?

One off test, Jaiswal is lefty would have given a balance to the side too.Who is behind these selections, Dravid ?

Apart from Pant that will then be the same team as the last WTC final.

12 hours ago, Sooda said:

The reason Rahane is in is because we have not given enough opportunity to someone like Rajat Patidar or Sarfaraz Khan- for instance vs Bangladesh. So we dont know how good they are. Not really based on the IPL, though maybe that pushed him back into consciousness.

Getting into the national side via CSK was long considered a popular approach. It is like taking a national highway to get where you want. 

The innings played by Axar in the recent test series will matter.... that is why he is in the team. Plus it was against Aus.

I think the team that Dravid and Rohit will pick will be this ..... Axar playing as batsman, Jadeja as batting allrounder and Ashwin as the bowling allrounder.

Rohit

Peerless KL

Pujara

Kohli

Axar

Jadeja

Ashwin

Bharat

Umesh

Shami

Siraj

On 4/25/2023 at 10:20 PM, Need4Speed said:

India should play Bazball and take it as T20..and may score 250-300 else they cant score even 150..

The batsmen we have picked are not even good at playing T20s. But I see what you are hinting at. We have no chance trying to play a traditional Test cricket innings while batting.