Batsmen adding most runs to their team totals

Chakdephatte

I didn't end this discussion yesterday as wanted to see how far this fellow can go to defend himself. He went on to say 6(6) might be a great innings :hysterical::hysterical:

He is ready to fill more pages after pages repeating two or three lines. At least bring a solid logic behind whatever you are asserting.

Edited by Chakdephatte

1 minute ago, Chakdephatte said:

LOL! You contradicted yourself in two lines.

I said the right. He has positive impact. But that's not significantly high and that's why he is not in my top 20 batsmen I mentioned.

Prove that these are not poor innings. You still haven't shown any scorecard.

Show something. Don't imagine.

What happened in that match.

Forget about Curran, your post on Ruturaj doesn't have any basis and is based on just 'vibes'.

Buddy, another childish post. These are known things in an ongoing competition esp. for those who follow it regularly. No one needs to prove anything as the list you posted is bs.

What did I post on Rituraj? (This is getting comical)

3 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

I didn't end this discussion yesterday as wanted to see how far this fellow can go to defend himself. He went on to say 6(6) might be a great innings :hysterical::hysterical:

He is ready to fill more pages clutching at the straws.

Great reading comprehension skills :rofl: 

More BS!

Edited by zen

Just now, zen said:

Buddy, another childish post. These are known things in an ongoing competition esp. for those who follow it regularly. No one needs to prove anything as the list you posted is bs.

What did I post on Rituraj? (This is getting comical)

Here's one reply to all your posts-

1) You didn't read the title -

Batting impact means batting impact. Doesn't matter how many wickets curran takes.

2) Just because you feel X is better than Y doesn't mean he is.

3) No system is perfect. You don't need to mention if you agree or disagree with some player. It can be wrong about some players (you can be wrong too).

Now for the queries:

1) Conway scores -2.5 runs per 100 balls. That's just slightly negative. Since CSK is scoring heavily, the value of his runs drops a bit, if he had scored more runs when others failed, he would have got a better rating.

2) Harry Brook.

Non existent point. He is yet to play 2nd good innings. One performance doesn't carry you for whole season. It's embarrassing that I have to explain it.

3) Curran.

I am not his hater. 2 clear successes, 5 clear failures. 2 innings were subjective. You need a solid reason to believe he has been better than -12.8.

4) Warner.

Scored significant portion of DC's runs. Poor partners justify his innings.

5 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Here's one reply to all your posts-

1) You didn't read the title -

Batting impact means batting impact. Doesn't matter how many wickets curran takes.

2) Just because you feel X is better than Y doesn't mean he is.

3) No system is perfect. You don't need to mention if you agree or disagree with some player. It can be wrong about some players (you can be wrong too).

Now for the queries:

1) Conway scores -2.5 runs per 100 balls. That's just slightly negative. Since CSK is scoring heavily, the value of his runs drops a bit, if he had scored more runs when others failed, he would have got a better rating.

2) Harry Brook.

Non existent point. He is yet to play 2nd good innings. One performance doesn't carry you for whole season. It's embarrassing that I have to explain it.

3) Curran.

I am not his hater. 2 clear successes, 5 clear failures. 2 innings were subjective. You need a solid reason to believe he has been better than -12.8.

4) Warner.

Scored significant portion of DC's runs. Poor partners justify his innings.

"Read" what I have written (not what you think I wrote). Nothing changes. 

Just now, zen said:

"Read" what I have written (not what you think I wrote). Nothing changes. 

You always end like this.

Don't know whether you are a narcissist or just troll as a hobby. But it's obvious that you do it on purpose. You understand everything but pretend not to. 

Just now, Chakdephatte said:

You always end like this.

Don't know whether you are a narcissist or just troll as a hobby. But it's obvious that you do it on purpose. You understand everything but pretend not to. 

There is no point in irrelevant chatter. I haven't made a personal comment on you. 

The numbers posted are pointless as I have shown. I tried to look at it with interest but it did not appeal to me (It is BS to put it plainly). 

1 hour ago, zen said:

There is no point in irrelevant chatter. I haven't made a personal comment on you. 

Your tone was dismissive. You were never up for actual analysis.

You may have felt it but really, isn't not true? You always make random post here and there for the sake of arguing only. I hope this is the last post in this thread.

On 5/1/2023 at 10:56 AM, Chakdephatte said:

Du plessis-               +67.9 runs

Mayers-                    +65.1 runs

Jaiswal-                    +49.4 runs

Rahane-                    +39.3 runs

Maxwell-                   +39.2 runs

Prabhsimran             +37.3 runs

Dhawan-                  +32.5 runs

Pooran-                    +31.1 runs

Klassen-                   +30 runs

SKY-                         +29.7 runs

Axar-                         +27.6 runs

Jason Roy-               +22.8 runs

Ruturaj-                    +22.6 runs

Varma-                     +21.7 runs

Jitesh-                      +19.4 runs

Stoinis-                    +17.2 runs

Dhoni-                      +16 runs  

Venkatesh-              +14.7 runs

Gill-                          +14.5 runs

Russell-                   +13.5 runs

Samson-                  +13.2 runs

Nitish Rana-            +12.1 runs

Jason Roy, Kyle Mayers, Faf Du Plessis, Shikhar Dhawan, and Heinrich Klassen are adding most runs per match to their team total.

Very interesting stat, just like plus or minus in NBA but shouldn't it take into account some minimum amount of runs scored.

That is my problem with that NBA stat, it does not quantify everything. Sometimes a player from bench get +15 while player who scored 50 gets negative.

Like yesterday's game Anthony Davis gets +1 while Vanderbilt who is just a role player gets +8. Anyone who watched the game knows who was the real game changer.

Edited by putrevus

18 hours ago, putrevus said:

Very interesting stat, just like plus or minus in NBA but shouldn't it take into account some minimum amount of runs scored.

That is my problem with that NBA stat, it does not quantify everything. Sometimes a player from bench get +15 while player who scored 50 gets negative.

That would be problematic. Batters at no. 7 play just 8 balls on average. They can't make the minimum runs cutoff.

Yes. 50s can cost their teams runs. In that Tewatia match, Rahul was at -29, most extreme example I could think of. 

1 hour ago, Chakdephatte said:

That would be problematic. Batters at no. 7 play just 8 balls on average. They can't make the minimum runs cutoff.

Yes. 50s can cost their teams runs. In that Tewatia match, Rahul was at -29, most extreme example I could think of. 

That is the problem with these type of stats. Correct me if I am wrong, it is assuming  guy like Tewatia will produce at the same rate if they were  batting in top order.

Pandya batting at number 3 is prime example, he is one of batsman who leading in negative runs.

But if Pandya was batting at number 6 or 7 like he did for MI , he would have been in positive side.

Batsmen at death when swinging for fences like Dhoni this season  will end up benefitting the most with this stat but we know Dhoni was one of the most useless t20 batsmen thruout his career.

IMO  batsmen who face less than ten deliveries should be having minimum SR of 200.

Pandya is proving batting at top is not that easy.

You cannot use same metric measuring the value of top order innings and a guy who is swinging for fences from ball one.

That was my original complaint about SR. 

Edited by putrevus

25 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That is the problem with these type of stats. Correct me if I am wrong, it is assuming  guy like Tewatia will produce at the same rate if they were  batting in top order.

Top three batsmen are openers. Most of the list is comprised of top order batsmen only. So, no. Top order batsmen still get some benefits. Regarding accumulation, it can be either good or bad. 

10 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Top three batsmen are openers. Most of the list is comprised of top order batsmen only. So, no. Top order batsmen still get some benefits. Regarding accumulation, it can be either good or bad. 

I disagree, any stat which shows Dhawan and Dhoni as positive players in t20s is flawed or very small sample size.

There is some thing called eye test too.

15 hours ago, putrevus said:

I disagree, any stat which shows Dhawan and Dhoni as positive players in t20s is flawed or very small sample size.

There is some thing called eye test too.

Aren’t these stats for 2023 only? Dhoni is striking at 200+ and Dhawan at 150 while also playing a lone hand while the rest of the batting lineup struggled.

Is there somewhere one could track the ratings in real time/on match-by-match basis? Also, like any statistics, Cricinfo's batting impact ratings probably have their flaws and can be "gamed". However, it is much harder to game than say batting average or total runs (the latter giving the orange cap). In fact, I am quite sure if someone tried to "game" their batting impact ratings, they will probably end up giving their side a very good chance of winning ...

Edited by abc

On 5/5/2023 at 9:35 AM, Jay said:

That's why stats isn't everything otherwise philtrundler would the best bowler ever or up there with the best and he clearly isnt. He is a vaas level bowler at best. 

All hail Philtrunder!

16 wickets in 10 test matches in Asia  lmao :hysterical:

Thakur Bhai is better than him.

5 hours ago, Majestic said:

All hail Philtrunder!

16 wickets in 10 test matches in Asia  lmao :hysterical:

Thakur Bhai is better than him.

Phattu salah bowler philtrundler haha. I don't rate Waqar and shaoib for the same reason. Shoaib averages like 35 36 in sewai and Waqar is the same in sewai. Remember nz were **** back then. 

Stat from Sampath: Most runs by an uncapped player in an IPL season:

616 - Shaun Marsh in 2008

575* - Yashasvi Jaiswal in 2023

516 - Ishan Kishan in 2020

512 - Suryakumar Yadav in 2018

480 - Suryakumar Yadav in 2020