Ajit Agarkar,chairman of Selection committee

Good selection of pace bowlers.   But lots of questions in other depts.  1) Same old story of picking half fit players all over again viz Kela & maybe Iyer 2) Picking a 32 yr old TTF like SKY who averages 24 in ODI with SR of 100 despite having played 27 ODIs.  3) Selection of both Axar and Jaddu who are similar in batting and bowling. 4) Not even one right arm spinner in the squad.  Ashwin should hv been IN. 

5 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Not the correct question to ask. If our three best spinners are left arm, then so be it.

Did you also ask why 4 right arm quicks?

Actually 6,Bumrah, Shami,Siraj,Shardul, Prasidh,Pandya

Between Prasidh and Shardul they could have added variety in the bowling attack.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh is crucial as he is the only tall, hit the deck bounce bowler in the squad. While Shardul is the only pacer who can bat.

Both types are needed. 

Most probably Bumrah ,Siraj and Pandya will be pacers.

Prasidh may be backup for Bumrah as he has just been declared fit.

Why Pandya was rested for Ireland series,hope he is not carrying niggles

27 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Not the correct question to ask. If our three best spinners are left arm, then so be it.

Did you also ask why 4 right arm quicks?

Because our left arm quicks are Arshdeep and Unadkut.

Btw...Jaddu and Axar both are similar type bowlers, this TM is aligned towards spinners who can bat, had Sundar been fit he could have replaced Axar..but he himself has to be blamed for his poor fitness.

3 minutes ago, tweaker said:

Most probably Bumrah ,Siraj and Pandya will be pacers.

Prasidh may be backup for Bumrah as he has just been declared fit.

Why Pandya was rested for Ireland series,hope he is not carrying niggles

Bumrah, Siraj, Pandya and Thakur will be 4 quicks

Jadeja and Kuldeep will be 2 spinners.

Axar as third spinner replacing Shardul on Chennai and Lucknow type pitches. While Shami will work as a backup for Bumrah and Siraj if they need rest/have niggle.

Prasidh might not make it to final 15 (hope I'm wrong though).

11 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Hey there, gand0

So Tilak varma is Mumbai quota although he plays for Andhra?

But Shardul is also Mumbai quota although he plays for CSK?

Shardul is KKR

Anyway if you play for Mumbai Indians or from Mumbai you have easy pass - Rohit, SKY, Tilak, Ishaan, Bujmrah, Shardul

4 hours ago, IndiaWC8311 said:

Shardul is KKR

Anyway if you play for Mumbai Indians or from Mumbai you have easy pass - Rohit, SKY, Tilak, Ishaan, Bujmrah, Shardul

Who are these players who you think are better or would perform a better role in the squad? Names?  Apart from SKY that is.  It's pretty clear that SKY would be the one getting the chop if he fails.

Edited by Nikhil_cric

Selecting Bumrah n Siraj is no-brainer. And if Shami is fit, given the investment in the old man, you have to include him in the squad. The one good thing he has done is preferring Krishna over Arshdeep.

I’d rate him after seeing how he selects n develops guys like Tyagi, Umran, Harshit, Sen. He had one such opportunity in West Indies when Siraj n Bumrah n Shami were rested and we all saw what squad we ended up with.

LOL I don’t get this praise. I like that guy Agarkar. But he hasnt proven himself yet. 

Edited by MK55
9 minutes ago, MK55 said:

Selecting Bumrah n Siraj is no-brainer. And if Shami is fit, given the investment in the old man, you have to include him in the squad. The one good thing he has done is preferring Krishna over Arshdeep.

I’d rate him after seeing how he selects n develops guys like Tyagi, Umran, Harshit, Sen. He had one such opportunity in West Indies when Siraj n Bumrah n Shami were rested and we all saw what squad we ended up with.

LOL I don’t get this praise. I like that guy Agarkar. But he hasnt proven himself yet. 

The squad for Windies series was selected by previous selection comittee. He selected the squad for T20 series onwards

2 hours ago, MK55 said:

I think WI series was selected by the previous committee.  Agarkar has done wonders by our standards. He has left out Mukesh, Jaydev, Arshdeep, Chahal, Ashwin and that's better than pretty much 100 % of all selectors we have had since at least 2013.

Mind you, he may not be the real force behind these selections and might just be rubber-stamping the squads given to him.

9 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I think WI series was selected by the previous committee.  Agarkar has done wonders by our standards. He has left out Mukesh, Jaydev, Arshdeep, Chahal, Ashwin and that's better than pretty much 100 % of all selectors we have had since at least 2013.

Mind you, he may not be the real force behind these selections and might just be rubber-stamping the squads given to him.

He hasn’t been wrong in the squad selection for this series but he needs to prove himself.
Bumrah, Siraj and Shami were default selections. Some other minor positives selections though. So let’s see.

I want to see if he has the balls to bring in guys with potential in low profile series. Until then I’ll be reserved in my judgment.