( ICF'ers INVITED ) Attn Mods...Whose post is this ? what rules apply to Mod edits ?

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath
And lets leave Ticz - he's nice and will marry a SI
I know you always had something going for Ticz.....ICF wishes you both well...Its legal in Massachusetts by next year :D

Guest HariSampath
WL is a consortium - Bumper has shed light on the consortium. *sigh*
consort ?? thatz a big word..I dunno...doez it mean finey, whiney, Ticz are all consorts...hmmm...and now you are throwing dark hintz about Ticz marrying a southie....and ICF knows about the finey/whiney/male/female syndrome...well well well....ICF IS very liberal , and many mysteries are being solved now :tongue:

One small suggestion....I know that many members would think that a cricket site cannot do away with cussing completely, and they could be right too...so why hasnt ICF come up with emoticons for a "general cussing vocabulary"....it is possible without appearing too offensive in words...just one of the many things that can be done , there are plenty more, but it depends on how serious we get in addressing this.
:finger: - LURVE this smiley!

Guest HariSampath
^ "fack" has been given a bit of a free license' date= but stuff like ar, motherfackers etc. gets edited regularly. You might be able to show me a few occasions where some of these words are still dangling around but let me assure you there are many more occasions when they have been edited including posts of admins and mods. If they are still around it's by chance and not design.
Thats why Chandan's son and Ravi's kid wouldnt be allowed here....ICF is a place with a "bit of license" to "fack"...who would want to send their kids here :D Thats the point I am making...its extremely silly to think that if "fack" is allowed...then "arserape"...can be defined as the border point...one thing follows other...in fact they are close cousins ; you cant eat your cake and have it too.....what you are saying is arserape is illegal and fack is legal....well maybe in most societies, ....but then you are making value judgments :hysterical:

Thats why Chandan's son and Ravi's kid wouldnt be allowed here....ICF is a place with a "bit of license" to "fack"...who would want to send their kids here :D Thats the point I am making...its extremely silly to think that if "fack" is allowed...then "arserape"...can be defined as the border point...one thing follows other...in fact they are close cousins ; you cant eat your cake and have it too.....what you are saying is arserape is illegal and fack is legal....well maybe in most societies, ....but then you are making value judgments :hysterical:
Now the discussion has descended into nonsense. Can you even compare the words "fack" vs. "ar$erape, gangbang, motherfacker" as they are used in day to day parlance, not the acts they are supposed to depict. If all the above carry the same amount of slur scale according to you then carry on.........

YES! I am watching the dethroning dumbfounded :angry_smile: Alrite peoples, this drama over - all go home. Close the thread. If there is drama, it shall feature me and only me as heroine :P
Goof one Finey..you are a good sport :two_thumbs_up: The laugh on delhi or whatever it was called thread is now closed, but I had promised myself that if DD do lose I'd go and participate in the thread in good spirit. I am gutted that DD lost so bad, gutted that Veeru chose to bowl after winning the toss..but all said and done..am almost content to see Royals win, they have been a masterclass..they are a champion team who deserve to win. Look forward to a stronger DD in 2009 :two_thumbs_up:

Goof one Finey..you are a good sport :two_thumbs_up: The laugh on delhi or whatever it was called thread is now closed, but I had promised myself that if DD do lose I'd go and participate in the thread in good spirit. I am gutted that DD lost so bad, gutted that Veeru chose to bowl after winning the toss..but all said and done..am almost content to see Royals win, they have been a masterclass..they are a champion team who deserve to win. Look forward to a stronger DD in 2009 :two_thumbs_up:
well said abhinav..:hatsoff: ICF needs modest fans like U and ME... :-D

Guest HariSampath
Now the discussion has descended into nonsense. Can you even compare the words "fack" vs. "ar' date=' gangbang, motherfacker" as they are used in day to day parlance, not the acts they are supposed to depict. If all the above carry the same amount of slur scale according to you then carry on.........[/quote'] How do you grade the degree of obscenity ? The idea of you saying that "fack" is okay but not other words is absurd...because all these words of profanity descended from various acts and NOT describe the acts itself...But I was referring to Ravi saying that no obscenity should be tolerated and also someone saying this is a sports site where kids browsed through, and you seem to think that "fack" is okay..and others not. I am just saying you are applying your value judgment here , there could be many users here who object to the "free license" to the word fack and also several users who may think " a profanity is same irrespective of degree"...so are you the spokesperson for the level of tolerable obscenity ? btw...India had a national discussion on maaki not so long back, in the mainstream media...and we see the word "fack" everyday on TV while watching cricket...we see BC abd MC too with amazing regularity...just do the translations and see...now you know what you are suggesting is sheer nonsense.

Ravi...you have failed to get my point. I said that ICF has plenty of profanity...and almost all are responsible..and it IS a fact that free speech gives plenty of license to do so. Free opinion and free speech are two different things and ICf has it mixed up, IMO. One is opinion of an individual and the latter is bad language. But then like I said the world itself is such a place where profanity is extremely common nowadays, and MOST of all the internet. I certainly dont use profanity with kids...but I also swear when talking to friends, no denying the fact...perhaps you never do ( or do you)...yes this is a sports website, and if the intent is serious to keep profanity completely out, it can be done without resorting to filters. If I have the authority, I can do it in 7 days. On another note, take a look at my posts and conversations with many others on various forums in this site...you would hardly find a single expletive in course of serious discussions or deeper topics. If the founding fathers had been serious enough to cut out profanity irrespective of filters and spellchecks, it could have been achieved rather easily. All it takes is intent: and a prominent message at the very begining page of the site. Then , it has to be enforced across the board without fear of losing members etc. It has to be a policy decision with a clear vision of what we want and how to go about it, and operable. Without this, ICF will get nowhere in addressing this issue ...editing/deleting etc is just addressing the symptoms and not the disease. But in my 8 months or so in ICF...I had not seen serious intent in this regard. You cannot expect self discipline and self regulation on an MB where everyone is an anonymous entity, you have to frame rules, clarify the spirit of the rules, apply them earnestly IRRESPECTIVE of who it is or how many members it costs you. One small suggestion....I know that many members would think that a cricket site cannot do away with cussing completely, and they could be right too...so why hasnt ICF come up with emoticons for a "general cussing vocabulary"....it is possible without appearing too offensive in words...just one of the many things that can be done , there are plenty more, but it depends on how serious we get in addressing this.
Completely agree with your post, ICF is a heaven for obscene posts. There is a lot of quality in the posts but the amount of obscenity is a deterrent here. If I had it my way I will see to it that the untold rules will be exercised formally. I don’t even read much from work simply because the filters at work capture these words and block the website. I’ve brought it to the attention of a lot of posters since the start of this website but it’s reached deaf ears unfortunately. We need to get serious about showing enough respect to the variety of visitors we get and keep the posts edible.

Completely agree with your post' date=' ICF is a heaven for obscene posts. There is a lot of quality in the posts but the amount of obscenity is a deterrent here. If I had it my way I will see to it that the untold rules will be exercised formally. I don’t even read much from work simply because the filters at work capture these words and block the website. I’ve brought it to the attention of a lot of posters since the start of this website but it’s reached deaf ears unfortunately. We need to get serious about showing enough respect to the variety of visitors we get and keep the posts edible.[/quote'] :two_thumbs_up: time for a revolution

I must say though I thoroughly enjoy shouting MAAKI, FACK, and all that other shtuff on the match thread. That's what I do when watching the match with friends, it's all the emotion and joy of watching sport.