Very well played Chennai

Yuvraj4Captaincy

Time to eat humble pie.....Punjab team completely humiliated and the most comical batting I ve ever seen.Couldnt handle pressure and deserve to lose. The most disappointed with yuvi's battin thru ipl...it sucked. Anyways Chennai fans have the last laugh and the braggin rights...Disappointing end for Punjab with 3 losses to Chennai. well played dhonis boys.....and they can brag all they want in this thread.....:nervous:
:hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff: Major effin RESPAK, Brotha! Lets go have some butter chicken together :beer-bottle:

cmon guys , I am expecting a bit of stick:d dun hafta be so nice...lol
well u knew that v were better..and u were still here to accept that fact..not like some ppl who run away wen their team loses or keep telling the fact that they are the best..so gud on u mate and except delhi v really dont dish it up to other teams that much u know :D

Guest HariSampath

Thanx Y4c....I do have a couple of comments on your ID...Yuvraj4captaincy..though. On a day when its all or nothing, see how Yuvi plans. 1. Chennai had always be done in by their batting at the top. And that too with Fleming not there today, Yuvraj could have put them in after winning toss. Pressure of having to set a target would have made Chennai tentative...1-2 wkts could have meant that Chennai would be in a re-build mode for 15 overs. BUT..Yuvi chose to go the batting way....maybe Dhoni too would have...I think he was lying at the Toss, he would have bowled in the end I think, because he cant afford to throw away the game in the first 30 min/7-8 overs. 2. Yuvraj chooses to drop Pomersbach and guess who comes in ?? jayawardene ?? OMG..that makes it just 5 pure batters, Luke Pomersbach had been batting well last one week and more importantly striking it well with his state team mate Marsh...this meant the top order was heavily dependent on Marsh clicking...and I always say when you put all eggs in one basket in a T20 , you ask for trouble. Compare this with Dhoni's captaincy...compare the star studded resources of Punjab and the ordinary names in Chennai....and I guess you know who applied the pressure and who caved in under pressure...who managed their resources well and who screwd up, who was cool right through and who lost his cool under pressure, who took right decisions and who didnt..... As everyone here on ICF knows, I am a great fan of Yuvraj too...but captaincy ?? maybe Yuvi needs to spend time under Dhoni as Vice captain for 3-4 seasons and learn some stuff from one of India's greatest ever cricket captains in ODIs..till date...

Thanx Y4c....I do have a couple of comments on your ID...Yuvraj4captaincy..though. On a day when its all or nothing, see how Yuvi plans. 1. Chennai had always be done in by their batting at the top. And that too with Fleming not there today, Yuvraj could have put them in after winning toss. Pressure of having to set a target would have made Chennai tentative...1-2 wkts could have meant that Chennai would be in a re-build mode for 15 overs. BUT..Yuvi chose to go the batting way....maybe Dhoni too would have...I think he was lying at the Toss, he would have bowled in the end I think, because he cant afford to throw away the game in the first 30 min/7-8 overs. 2. Yuvraj chooses to drop Pomersbach and guess who comes in ?? jayawardene ?? OMG..that makes it just 5 pure batters, Luke Pomersbach had been batting well last one week and more importantly striking it well with his state team mate Marsh...this meant the top order was heavily dependent on Marsh clicking...and I always say when you put all eggs in one basket in a T20 , you ask for trouble. Compare this with Dhoni's captaincy...compare the star studded resources of Punjab and the ordinary names in Chennai....and I guess you know who applied the pressure and who caved in under pressure...who managed their resources well and who screwd up, who was cool right through and who lost his cool under pressure, who took right decisions and who didnt..... As everyone here on ICF knows, I am a great fan of Yuvraj too...but captaincy ?? maybe Yuvi needs to spend time under Dhoni as Vice captain for 3-4 seasons and learn some stuff from one of India's greatest ever cricket captains in ODIs..till date...
thats exactly wat i have been saying all along..this man MSD definitely knows how to manage his resources in hand..he is surely a very gud captain and as time goes by he ll learn more and maybe he ll take our team to greater hts..MSD u rock :hatsoff::eyedance:

Hari, Considering that RR had a thumping victory yesterday - electing to bat first, Punjab needed to bat, score big and look for early wkts when CSK come to chase. Thats how RR put pressure on DD. It does not matter if you bat / bowl in the beginning. It is about execution and thats where PXI succumbed today. They lost the match in first 5 overs. Too many strokes and they did not alter the plan when wkts well.

And Yuvi gives just one over to his best bowler' date=' the resurrected Sreeslapped[/quote'] the problems even deeper - Why not realize the potential of Gony? Why did they not pick him in punjab squad? someone there committed a huge blunder by not taking into account local resources and then bidding for Sreesanth

Hari, Considering that RR had a thumping victory yesterday - electing to bat first, Punjab needed to bat, score big and look for early wkts when CSK come to chase. Thats how RR put pressure on DD. It does not matter if you bat / bowl in the beginning. It is about execution and thats where PXI succumbed today. They lost the match in first 5 overs. Too many strokes and they did not alter the plan when wkts well.
lekin what RR did was tough - on such a pitch it is almost impossible to score 190+....they had some big hitters who fired

Guest HariSampath
Thats the pressure of the big stage and big game. Chennai had always been having top order problems and even there they were without Fleming today. Yuvraj should have put CSK in, and the uncertainty of what would be a good target would have been huge pressure on the CSK batters. Yuvi miscalculated and then Dhoni played a master stroke of opening with Murali. The openers were caught on the wrong foor for the crucial first 15 minutes of the game, when they could have well been 25-0 in 3 overs, but were instead worrying about not giving Murali a wicket. That made Hopes play a rash shot, and the moment the first wkt fell, Punjab were always chasing the game. RR may have had a thumping win batting first, but the circumstances were different. DD was always a one man show ( sehwag) plus GG possibly, and when RR put up a target DD , lost Sehwag and were never in the game after that. Yuvraj should have taken cue from Chennai's earlier games when they almost always struggled if the first 2-3 overs were not productive, and invariably lost. Additionally Yuvraj also should have considered the fact that Chennai , even when chasing a huge 211 against Royals, almost upset them by getting to 201 while chasing. That should have rung warning bells for Yuvraj, especially when CSK had done far better chasing than batting first in key games. Betting everything on Marsh, batting one batter less and playing to the opponent's strengths and NOT exploting their one key weakness were all strategic faults and Punjab paid heavily. Like I had always written, the team that takes the first 20 minutes is very likely to win the game in this format. That is what happened.

Guest HariSampath
kinda expected Punjab Kings to loose i dont even know how they made it into the semis and i dont even noe how they had a good IPL
wtf...I am not at all surprised Punjab lost to CSK, had always predicted it ; but Punjab were certainly an excellent side and richly deserved to be in semis. How they came in ? They won a helluva lot of matches...and had a great run in the IPl....as simple as that...and as Yuvraj accepted honestly ,they just were clueless against Chennai 3 outta 3 times..and that is bad. I cant see why you dont understand Punjab's success...perhaps if you understand why Chargers sucked bigtime, you will understand why Punjab played very well :winky:

That was yet another not so exciting semi finals. As a CSK supporter one couldn't have asked for a better thumping. The experience of leading the teams showed in this particular game. MSD with experience of leading India that comes with high pressure got the better of inexperienced Yuvraj. These two teams were equally well matched on paper but the semis pressure got the better of Punjab I think. CSK played at home with huge crowd attendance, Punjab had not quite experienced that kind of pressure or crowd at their home town. Chenni were way more ready for the semi finals than Punjab. Punjab batting was nothing less than chaos and their bowling lacked depth. Now bring on the finals and am hoping the finals won't be as one sided as the two semi finals were. May the best team win. I'm backing Jaipur for the finals as I reckon they are the underdogs here despite their good run in the tourney.