Breaking: India to be renamed as Bharat

rangeelaraja

19 minutes ago, someone said:

Pre-2014, Modi can't speak English well, was seen as one valid reason to not vote him.

This inferiority complex is pathetic. And India as a name is one representation of ourselves from the western lens. We need our own prospective, our own independent thinking from the dharmic eyes. Analyze both the world, and ourselves , free of the inferiority complex and western bias.

It’s nothing to do with inferiority, more the practicalities of speech. 

chak de borat

Ok my lawyer cousin in Delhi says India and Bharat are quoted interchangeably in the written constitution. The ‘change’ is bogus. Another cousin points out the word India dates back to year 5 BC in Greek texts, so not a colonial legacy.

Edited by goose

9 minutes ago, goose said:

Another cousin points out the word India dates back to year 5 BC in Greek texts, so not a colonial legacy.

So India is legit because some other civilization else's texts choose use it ?  If it has not originated from our own ancient texts ( which it has obviously not ) ...it should be replaced with Bharat.

1 minute ago, Under_Score said:

This name change is not passion driven as being claimed by Bajpa ICF brigade, if that was the case, Modi would've changed it as soon as he became the PM of India in 2014.

This is more like a jitter move to counter the opposition, more selfishness than 'Svabhman' in his thinking.

Why did the main opposition clown go on a " Bharat jodo " yatra and not " India jodo " yatra ??

Why is the biggest civilian award called " Bharat Ratna " and not " India Ratna " ?

30 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

So India is legit because some other civilization else's texts choose use it ?  If it has not originated from our own ancient texts ( which it has obviously not ) ...it should be replaced with Bharat.

just challenging the British Raj argument. if you want to use Bharat go ahead. I’m not aware anyone is stopping anyone 

15 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

It all comes down to.... why now? Why not earlier :wp3:

Educate yourself, India and Bharat can be used interchangably, per the constitution in India. Thats why most of our public sector companies have " Bharat " in them.

We are using Bharat more frequently now, its our choice. 

You can use India when a non-BJP govt is in power ( if that ever happens ....)

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

Why did the main opposition clown go on a " Bharat jodo " yatra and not " India jodo " yatra ??

Why is the biggest civilian award called " Bharat Ratna " and not " India Ratna " ?

Why are our armed forces called Indian Army? 

Why is is there a river named Indus from where Sapta Sindhu Civilization flourished on which India is named after? 

Name India technically is much older than Bharata... Whose first mention comes as tribe in Rigveda during the battle of ten kings...  But Sapta Sindhu civilization existed much earlier. 

24 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Why are our armed forces called Indian Army? 

Why is is there a river named Indus from where Sapta Sindhu Civilization flourished on which India is named after? 

Name India technically is much older than Bharata... Whose first mention comes as tribe in Rigveda during the battle of ten kings...  But Sapta Sindhu civilization existed much earlier. 

Indus is the roman adaptation of what was always called Sindhu.  Does Sindhu sound sanskrit to you or  does Indus  ? 

If you have an iota of honesty - show me any literary evidence of your quote ( in bold )  it on the internet.  I will apologize to you right here.

You are pathologically ignorant and dishonest person just keen to have the last word despite being extremely poorly read.

3 hours ago, goose said:

Ok my lawyer cousin in Delhi says India and Bharat are quoted interchangeably in the written constitution. The ‘change’ is bogus. Another cousin points out the word India dates back to year 5 BC in Greek texts, so not a colonial legacy.

What ’changed’?

Edited by coffee_rules

8 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Educate yourself, India and Bharat can be used interchangably, per the constitution in India. Thats why most of our public sector companies have " Bharat " in them.

We are using Bharat more frequently now, its our choice. 

You can use India when a non-BJP govt is in power ( if that ever happens ....)

you still did not answer the question, why now?

16 minutes ago, Khota said:

you still did not answer the question, why now?

Nothing has been “ now “. 

I can’t help it if someone has been sleeping under a rock.

The change to Bharat has been happening gradually for a few years 

Have you seen the PM’s plane ? It says Bharat before India. It has been atleast  4-5 years since this was the case. These changes have been on for a while. Which former PM of India flew with a Bharat printed on their craft ? 

The Padma awards are no longer scams where based on recommendations and contacts people can be awarded. The poorest of the poor who have contributed massively to society are getting it. 

Crawl out from under the rock and take your blinkers off 

Edited by rangeelaraja

2 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Nothing has been “ now “. 

I can’t help it if someone has been sleeping under a rock.

The change to Bharat has been happening gradually for a few years 

Have you seen the PM’s plane ? It says Bharat before India. It has been atleast  4-5 years since this was the case. These changes have been on for a while. Which former PM of India flew with a Bharat printed on their craft ? 

The Padma awards are no longer scams where based on recommendations and contacts people can be awarded. The poorest of the poor who have contributed massively to society are getting it. 

Crawl out from under the rock and take your blinkers off 

You can expect that kind of answer from people who think Adani is taking bath with Ganges water every day.

20 minutes ago, Khota said:

You can expect that kind of answer from people who think Adani is taking bath with Ganges water every day.

you are so hung up on Adani. 

looks like you suffered real big losses due to the rogue short seller. 

You did not answer my question - if you have any evidence of fraud - why don’t you share it with SEBI ? 

ah I get it. You are an anonymous faceless shoot and scoot stone pelter.

Easiest thing to be. 

7 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Indus is the roman adaptation of what was always called Sindhu.  Does Sindhu sound sanskrit to you or  does Indus  ? 

If you have an iota of honesty - show me any literary evidence of your quote ( in bold )  it on the internet.  I will apologize to you right here.

You are pathologically ignorant and dishonest person just keen to have the last word despite being extremely poorly read.

I am not having last word here...  You are just being plain ignorant here...  Selling half a*s knowledge so I had to correct you here.  I have no problem with Bharat or India but your ignorance that this has to be with Colonial rule is a joke...  When historical facts say otherwise. 

8 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

you are so hung up on Adani. 

looks like you suffered real big losses due to the rogue short seller. 

You did not answer my question - if you have any evidence of fraud - why don’t you share it with SEBI ? 

ah I get it. You are an anonymous faceless shoot and scoot stone pelter.

Easiest thing to be. 

Hindenberg report has specific examples. Ask an independent company, an outsider to do the probe. SEBI is controlled by BJP. Those career bureaucrats will do nothing.