India Squad for first 2 ODI's vs Australia

singhvivek141

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I will give Kuldeep all 3 games or at least 2.   Final ODI must be played with the side that will play WC game no 1.

Only reason kuldeep needs a rest is to prevent from over-exposure.  We do have a match against Australia. They will try out a few things against him and see what works. They will be fully prepared by that time. I know good bowlers find a way no matter how much analysis you do. But with world cup very close, India might not give more opportunity to opposition to practice against him.

Edited by vvvslaxman
3 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Thrown aside like trash in LOIs, and now suddenly handed the captaincy after just one series? Life's come full circle for KL Rahul, but I still can't wrap my head around him being a tough-as-nails player, especially when the going gets tough for Team India at home. The way he's been appointed captain out of the blue, it's a total circus with this Indian team, honestly!

He is in contention for permanent Indian captaincy. 

After T20 WC, TM wanted him to lead our side in NZ tour. But Chetan Sharma and selectors had a fight with Dravid and dropped him for that tour and made Pandya the captain.

It is between Pandya-RP-KL after Rohit.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He has played only 2 ODIs. Only one in India which was his debut match. Bit nervous. In T20 he plays a specific role for CSK. That role is not there for him with Indian set up. So unlikely to succeed immediately. But in ODIs he deserves chances more than SKY. Just because it is domestic it is not easy. SKY has a grand total of 3 centuries in 130 List A games. Ruturaj in 4 matches got 4 2 seasons back including a double century.

Different positions. SKY doesn't deserve it but better options are Tilak, Rinku and Sai Sudarshan. Not Gaikwad.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Only reason kuldeep needs a rest is to prevent from over-exposure.  We do have a match against Australia. They will try out a few things against him and see what works. They will be fully prepared by that time. I know good bowlers find a way no matter how much analysis you do. But with world cup very close, India might not give more opportunity to opposition to practice against him.

That's very defensive way of thinking. Kuldeep will also learn more about those batsmen.Anyway he has played enough v Aus.

9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Goes both ways...  The more he bowls better it will be.   Aussies are theoretically best spin playing SENA side.  It will be big test for him. 

Zampa would have been test for our players as well.  He came back well in final ODI vs SA.  His googly is impeccable. 

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Why on earth is Kohli rested?

Apart from the pak game , he didn't spend any time in the middle at all. Barely faced 15 balls in the rest of the tournament and rested against Bangladesh and Nepal. Didn't play in WI and Ireland too..kya chutiyapa hain yeh bc.

He definitely needed a game against bangla boys. THey unleashed 4 spinners.

28 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Only reason kuldeep needs a rest is to prevent from over-exposure.  We do have a match against Australia.

That's BS, he's no Mendis or one match wonder SoK - did you try resting Warne or McGrath because they'd get found out? Of course he's not at that level but he's a regular leggie, the only reason to not play him too much is fatigue or preventing injury!

1 minute ago, R!TTER said:

That's BS, he's no Mendis or one match wonder SoK - did you try resting Warne or McGrath because they'd get found out? Of course he's not at that level but he's a regular leggie, the only reason to not play him too much is fatigue or preventing injury!

Warne was mentally very very strong. Kuldeep when attacked gets rattled. One scenario with Kuldeep from the past is when he gets thrashed he loses confidence. In this inconsequential bilateral if they start attacking and if it comes off that will probably dent his confidence. Just a theory behind his resting. I don't think he is going to get injured by bowling 10 overs. He hardly played since his return.

I fail to understand the continued chances SKY is getting, its not like he can bowl 5 or 6 overs, & can do the finishers job. To me thats the only way he gets into the side.

Ashwin's inclusion seems to suggest team isn't sure about Sundar,  Sundar is a better bat than Ashwin bowling wise there isn't much between them in LOI. I would rather have Sundar than Ashwin in the field. 

Just now, IndianRenegade said:

I fail to understand the continued chances SKY is getting, its not like he can bowl 5 or 6 overs, & can do the finishers job. To me thats the only way he gets into the side.

Ashwin's inclusion seems to suggest team isn't sure about Sundar,  Sundar is a better bat than Ashwin bowling wise there isn't much between them in LOI. I would rather have Sundar than Ashwin in the field. 

Sundar is a terrible fielder. Ashwin is atleast safe.