Congratulations to first ever IPL champions Rajsthan Royals

King Tendulkar

Guest Hiten.
Indians beat pakistan today. LOL 100 allout against the DUDs whom we had thrashed....
You really threshed us by SIX runs man :(( :hysterical::hysterical:

Congrats to Rajasthan Royals Their brand of cricket has been ROYAL, to say the least. The way their first 4 overs went yesterday, I was a little worried. But then, Asnodkar and an injured Smith opened up. The reason for their dominance is of course their Indian players. Look how much they depend on Asnodkar for a good start up above, and later Pathan is pure carnage. He has already become a menacing presence for the opposition. The way both Asnodkar and Pathan carted McGrath was a treat to watch :two_thumbs_up: However, Smith looks improbable for the finals. At the start of the match yesterday, I thought they should have dropped Kaif, and taken Niraj Patel. Now with, Smith looking doubtful, they can bring in Akmal in place of Rawat, and keep both Kaif and Patel. I'd prefer them still dropping Kaif though. Though the move to send Tanvir didnt pay off, we all know he can really wallop the ball. I'm sure everyone remembers the jitters we got when he smashed that six in the T20 WC Final. I was in the other room, but when I heard the clamor about a surpise 1-down batsman, I didnt even have to look at the TV to know it was Tanvir. Warne is good :hatsoff: Either way, it will be a damn exciting final, and although it'd be awesome to have CSK in the finals, I somehow feel Punjab can give these Royals a run for their money. I eagerly await. P.S. Wats with Mallya claiming RR as his own? :giggle:

Injured Smith ruled out of IPL final Injured Smith ruled out of IPL final Cricinfo staff May 31, 2008 345883.jpg?alt=2 Graeme Smith has been a crucial part of Rajasthan's campaign but he will miss the final because of injury © Getty Images Graeme Smith, the Rajasthan Royals opener, has been ruled out of the final of the Indian Premier League because of a hamstring injury he sustained during the semi-final against Delhi Daredevils on Friday. Smith was rested for Rajasthan's last two league games because he injured his hamstring against Chennai but returned to open the innings in the semi-final. However, he pulled up while running a single in the second over and continued batting with a runner, Mohammad Kaif. He was eventually dismissed for 25 off 21 balls as Rajasthan crushed Delhi by 105 runs. "Smith has played a huge part in the team's success and we had gave him a couple of games off to recover from his hamstring injury [against Chennai]," Shane Warne, the Rajasthan captain, said. "Yesterday he was running around like an 18-year-old and said he had no problem at all. However, during the game [against Delhi] he tore his hamstring in different spot. "Unfortunately, he [smith] is out for tomorrow's game [final]. We have to make the big decision on who will open the innings with Swapnil [Asnodkar]. Younis Khan and Kamran Akmal come to my mind as being likely to open in the final." Smith's injury is a blow to Rajasthan for he is their second-highest run-scorer with 441 at an average of 49. He also forged an attacking opening partnership with Swapnil Asnodkar - the pair average 59.71 at 8.96 per over, with two century stands. Rajasthan are likely to pick Akmal, who has scored 122 runs in five innings at a strike-rate of 171.83, over Younis who has played just one game in the IPL so far. If Akmal does get the nod, he is likely to keep wicket instead of Mahesh Rawat, which could also open the door for Niraj Patel's return. Rajasthan will take on the winner of the second semi-final between Chennai and Kings XI Punjab, which will take place on Saturday at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai. The final will be held on Sunday at the DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai.

Guest HariSampath

I hope they go with Younis Khan..a walking wicket LOL...plus we may get a runout too...but they will probably go with katmal

Congratulations to first ever IPL champions Rajsthan Royals The IPL champions.:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: Very well played. Deserving victory for them. Congratulations to the team and all the fans.:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: