Will American hegemony ever end ?

ravishingravi

@randomGuy is not far from the truth. The lure of America has always been the subconscious admiration of white culture, this becomes obvious once you live there.

USA may claim itself to be an immigrant nation or multicultural, but at it's core it is a very Anglo-Saxon Protestant country. 

3 hours ago, MechEng said:

@randomGuy is not far from the truth. The lure of America has always been the subconscious admiration of white culture, this becomes obvious once you live there.

USA may claim itself to be an immigrant nation or multicultural, but at it's core it is a very Anglo-Saxon Protestant country. 

We can always complain about whites in US, but in sub-urban America, immigrants have been living with most freedom . We can follow our culture, festivals, with no different from homeland. It’s practically living like in India here. Seeing all the havoc in UK, Canada, EU for Hindus, and in general about the refugee crisis in EU I’d rather live here than anywhere else except India!  I think US hegemony is here to stay 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

We can always complain about whites in US, but in sub-urban America, immigrants have been living with most freedom . We can follow our culture, festivals, with no different from homeland. It’s practically living like in India here. Seeing all the havoc in UK, Canada, EU for Hindus, and in general about the refugee crisis in EU I’d rather live here than anywhere else except India!  I think US hegemony is here to stay 

those cheering for Russia dont understand they are really cheering for China.If Russia-China pair grow too powerful then even America wont save us because China will come for more of our land.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Not true. There are designated areas for celebrating festivals or doing pujas and other non Protestant stuff. Try bursting crackers in a suburban area, only to have cops come up at your place.

It's a good thing sometimes, the white culture prioritizes on quality of life and is not overly frugal, then there are things like racism, food habits which can be negatives.

Without a dominant Protestant majority, USA will become like India demographically with so many cultures and races trying to co-exist which results in the inevitable cultural friction.

I lived in Atlanta, Orlando, Charleston and Boston. I have never been able to celebrate festivals the way I want to. 

As mentioned above the cops would usually make a touring if they heard bhajans or anything they felt was weird. We were told lighting lamps was not ok as they were a fire hazard. Have been told by neighbours not to play religious songs - esp in Charleston. Maybe you live in an Indian neighbourhood @coffee_rules

55 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Not true. There are designated areas for celebrating festivals or doing pujas and other non Protestant stuff. Try bursting crackers in a suburban area, only to have cops come up at your place.

It's a good thing sometimes, the white culture prioritizes on quality of life and is not overly frugal, then there are things like racism, food habits which can be negatives.

Without a dominant Protestant majority, USA will become like India demographically with so many cultures and races trying to co-exist which results in the inevitable cultural friction.

See, it depends on where you live. In predominantly Indian neighborhood (Ours is called Chindia), we celebrate Holi, Diwali on the street, brsting crackers. The neighborhod does it for July4 as well. Even in places like  Little Rock, I know of desis being able to go to a Temple or eat out in Indian restaurants etc.  Maybe not as much as in NJ/CA, I am talking in the last 20 years, things for immigrants are largely peaceful to bring up families. A few stray cases is not the norm,. In one incident in last 10 years, thelocal templewall  was defaced with spray paint and it became such a big news in the local newspapers. White gult is for real, 

14 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

See, it depends on where you live. In predominantly Indian neighborhood (Ours is called Chindia), we celebrate Holi, Diwali on the street, brsting crackers. The neighborhod does it for July4 as well. Even in places like  Little Rock, I know of desis being able to go to a Temple or eat out in Indian restaurants etc.  Maybe not as much as in NJ/CA, I am talking in the last 20 years, things for immigrants are largely peaceful to bring up families. A few stray cases is not the norm,. In one incident in last 10 years, thelocal templewall  was defaced with spray paint and it became such a big news in the local newspapers. White gult is for real, 

I lived in 4 cities and the experience was the same. Worst in Charleston. So in most places in the US you are not allowed to celebrate your festivals. In fact in Charleston I used to get regular visits from the cops just for fun.

2 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

those cheering for Russia dont understand they are really cheering for China.If Russia-China pair grow too powerful then even America wont save us because China will come for more of our land.

It’s not 60s anymore. We can defend. World needs balance. Russia provides that but now they are a bit weaker. America does what it wants and doesn’t has consideration for Allies. The Pannu guy is  CIA asset. They do all the smooth talk and have these guys hanging in the background to keep india in check. America will not let the hegemony go they will keep even their own Allies in check.

Edited by gattaca

52 minutes ago, bharathh said:

I lived in 4 cities and the experience was the same. Worst in Charleston. So in most places in the US you are not allowed to celebrate your festivals. In fact in Charleston I used to get regular visits from the cops just for fun.

My point was that , US is still a major attracter of immigrants from worlkd over, students, scientists, talent. It gives a stable environment for immgrants despite all the recent brouhaha of illegal immigration from the southern border. It will continue to be a major world force in innovation, investmnent in R&D and militarily spoeaking , they still dominate. 

3 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

Nothing will happen if Russia and China come together that hasnt happened before. Nicaragua, Iran, Vietnam, Cuba, Afghanistan, Iraq and the list can go on when these two werent together. 

Fact is that more global powers, greater will be stability and balance. Friction is unavoidable among great powers. 

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Only reason you haven't seen the havoc against hindus in USA, is because USA is far less Asianised than these places, where Asian politics come into play far stronger than in USA - same way how Euro politics has a far stronger play in USA than Asian. 

Personally, Canada is far better for hindus to live in than USA. 

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

My point was that , US is still a major attracter of immigrants from worlkd over, students, scientists, talent. It gives a stable environment for immgrants despite all the recent brouhaha of illegal immigration from the southern border. It will continue to be a major world force in innovation, investmnent in R&D and militarily spoeaking , they still dominate. 

As i said, all this is contingent on 'US being a high school kid with a billionaire daddy who doesnt have to be responsible financially' syndrome brought forth by the USD being global currency. When that goes, USA will go through a 10-20 year of being a mega-greece, then another 20-30 years as Japan (stagnant). 

The main attraction for immigrants is ease of making money & banking it. This is also why the first choice destination for MOST indians is the gulf, not murrica (unless career options dictate so). Immigrants dont give a **** if you are white, anglo or not, we are here to make money & if possible, plant roots. The minute USA becomes less financially lucrative, it will simply become a Bahrain to immigrants/expats - Bahrain used to be the 'dubai before dubai' in the 60s & 70s, then they ran outta oil and world wasn't as heavily digitised then ( so couldnt do a full Dubai re: finance sector). Now, its a lesser choice destination, despite being a nicer place for expats to live than Qatar, Kuwait or Saudi. 

There is nothing special about the US that will sustain it despite a fiscal disaster - the rules that apply for other nations, also applies to the US, once its 'special scenario'- aka dollar hegemony- is gone. Don't drink the US koolaid too much - its not  a special country as the 'muh amrikka' chest thumping makes you think.

25 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

The main attraction for immigrants is ease of making money & banking it. This is also why the first choice destination for MOST indians is the gulf, not murrica (unless career options dictate so). 

The first choice of STEM educated Indians is never the Gulf - it is always the West with US being first choice.

Gulf is the choice primarily for blue collar workers not for anyone with advanced degrees.

48 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

The first choice of STEM educated Indians is never the Gulf - it is always the West with US being first choice.

Gulf is the choice primarily for blue collar workers not for anyone with advanced degrees.

NO.

First choice for any non electronics/compsci related STEM is the gulf- chemical, electrical, civil engineers prefer gulf. Doctors ALSO prefer gulf. And lately, digital nomads have also strarted to prefer the gulf. 

Only for STEM where gulf has no viable options- like mechanical, compsci, electronics & software people is it the west.

5 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

NO.

First choice for any non electronics/compsci related STEM is the gulf- chemical, electrical, civil engineers prefer gulf. Doctors ALSO prefer gulf. And lately, digital nomads have also strarted to prefer the gulf. 

Only for STEM where gulf has no viable options- like mechanical, compsci, electronics & software people is it the west.

If it is your own personal views and opinion devoid of hard facts, it must be true.

3 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

If it is your own personal views and opinion devoid of hard facts, it must be true.

bro i just spent six months in dubai last year. for indian grads, ME is the primary destination for ALL jobs that have a decent market there. 

If you think chem or civil engineers or doctors prefer USA over middle east, i have a bridge to sell you. Being a doc there is so much more lucrative than the states that nearly a third of the desi doctors there ARE yankee/western university grads who came to the ME in the first place. 

Edited by Muloghonto

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

NO.

If it is only about making money , it might be gulf, but most IT and academics folks eventually want to end up in US. You can’t freely celebrate festivals, have to eat privately during Ramadin, women have to dress decently. I had a friend who was in Bahrain for 3 months ended up putting on 20 kgs. The reason being that the only entertainment was eating Chicken. There were no movie halls either then. Now, it must be different. But still, the west gets you quality money as well as a life that you would have lead in India. I’d never want to live in UAE or Saudi. 

11 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

NO.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/nri/migrate/immigration-where-in-the-world-are-indians-headed/articleshow/101418528.cms?from=mdr

Going by the numbers, Indians continue to chase the American dream with 7,88,284 of them relinquishing their citizenship in 2021, according to a Ministry of External Affairs data.

Highly-Skilled/ Skilled Professionals Target Developed Nations
Indians skilled in various fields are drawn to developed countries like the US, Canada, and the UK, which offer a

Unskilled/ Semi-Skilled Workers Find Opportunities in Gulf and Asian Nations
While some semi-skilled Indians migrate to developed countries, a majority seek employment in Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, West Asian nations, as well as Asian destinations like Singapore and Malaysia. Approximately 70% of Indians in the Gulf region are employed as semi-skilled and unskilled workers, while professionals and white-collar workers make up 20-30% of the Indian population the ..

Edited by rangeelaraja

Just now, rangeelaraja said:

Yes, the highly skilled ones outside chemical, electrical, civil engineering & medicine target the west. Those highly skilled ones target the middle east for far better paying jobs and lifestyle. 

70-30/80-20 is supposed to be the normal split between blue and white collar jobs.