Major terror attack underway in Gaza Strip

ravishingravi

27 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

He isn't PM material, he is excellent MEA material. 

head of MEA gets to talk sophisticated points with their counterparts and manuever in these terms and deal with the media. That is where Jaishankar shines at.

To be a PM you need a Modi type - a well spoken guy who is also an easy speaker ( meaning not using too many big terms or too many complicated ideas) and getting down and dirty in politicking in the parliament ( muh tor jawaab style stuff). 

Projecting Jaishankar as PM would be as big a mistake as it was to project Maun Singh as PM material.

Maun Singh while as intelligent never had the X factor of Jaishankar...  He is more shrewd. 

As India moves forward where it becomes more assertive  need people like him at the top of pile. 

Modi is good enough for domestic consumption and for the time being. 

Jaiveer Shergill is being groomed to be next EAM I think.  He is also a young dynamic voice... But needs some fine tuning. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

25 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Maun Singh while as intelligent never had the X factor of Jaishankar...  He is more shrewd. 

As India moves forward where it becomes more assertive  need people like him at the top of pile. 

Modi is good enough for domestic consumption and for the time being. 

Jaiveer Shergill is being groomed to be next EAM I think.  He is also a young dynamic voice... But needs some fine tuning. 

my mentality is, if it aint broke, don't fix it. Currently Jayshankar is the best MEA chief we've ever had. Lets not mess with that.

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

He isn't PM material, he is excellent MEA material. 

head of MEA gets to talk sophisticated points with their counterparts and manuever in these terms and deal with the media. That is where Jaishankar shines at.

To be a PM you need a Modi type - a well spoken guy who is also an easy speaker ( meaning not using too many big terms or too many complicated ideas) and getting down and dirty in politicking in the parliament ( muh tor jawaab style stuff). 

Projecting Jaishankar as PM would be as big a mistake as it was to project Maun Singh as PM material.

In other words, a nerd or wonk :-). Like scientists, they are the guys who do the real work.

On 3/31/2024 at 3:50 PM, Real McCoy said:

Why does Isreal get support from normal Indians? Why so emotional? They have a government more than capable. They basically own US and UK, powerful nations in the world. Let them deal with it.

Israelis may not need us, But Indians need Israel because they are only ones who understand what India is going through dealing with next door largest Terror MNC.

On 4/2/2024 at 5:20 PM, mishra said:

Israelis may not need us, But Indians need Israel because they are only ones who understand what India is going through dealing with next door largest Terror MNC.

You are mixing people and country in relation to other people and country. India and Israel (not Indians and Israelis) may have diplomatic relationship. Our relationship is par for the course - neither too close nor too antagonistic. We adopt a neutral stance with them and I like it to continue.

Why do I find our people get emotional over foreign people? I'm not saying we shouldn't care for other people. That's not our way. Of course we should. If things were reversed, would you or any other Indian have similar sentiments being shown to the Palestinians? They deserve it for they were the victims in this case for over 70 years. Some of us are fed up with Congress and we have a history of Islamic conquest in mind. That phrase "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" doesn't work in geopolitics. If that were true, we should thank Hitler for our independence.

Moreover, you saw how the coronavirus thing was handled. I don't know about you but I see news as mere propaganda. I cannot trust something that happened in another part of the globe just because its on the news anymore. This whole thing maybe a false flag attack to punish the Palestinians again. I saw something over at the Corbett report that opens the possibility of this scenario. News throws the mind into emotional roller coaster and you cannot think logically in the moment. Its better to wait it out especially something that is not domestic.

And regarding the terror next door, these countries were of no help when we pointed to them long before 2001 because the next door was an ally to US and indirectly to Israel. Even after 2001, they weren't much help either. We still had to negotiate with them and point out the terrorist activities again and again to move an inch with them.

So Israel is a "friend" to India but also have backhanded support from Pakistan. Welcome to geopolitics. There are no friends in diplomatic relations. Only trade and mutual agreements work here. Israel plays its game pretty carefully. They stay surrounded by enemies and have important people in US and UK to back them. They infact own these countries.

Indians and India DO NOT need Israel, Arabic countries or for that matter US or Europe. We only need them because UN was formed and we live in a global village with nuclear treaties. We only need to move our pieces carefully to not upset the financial and military might of the west. We lived peacefully long before the west or islam came here.

Just wish I had the writing skills to articulate these ideas as well as this guy has done.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/02/opinions/israel-palestine-spiritual-coexistence-ramadan-al-baz/index.html

A complex identity is a natural antibody that inoculates against hate, and I myself identify as a Muslim, a Bedouin, a Palestinian and an Israeli.

Many people resent that I refuse to choose only one side of my identity; they want me to be angry, empty and broken like them. Members of my own Bedouin Muslim community have threatened and attacked my family and me for simply acknowledging the humanity of Jewish Israelis. My house was shot at after I spoke out against denying the crimes of Hamas on October 7.

This is not a recent phenomenon. In 2008, after my wife was honored with lighting a torch at a celebration of Israel’s Independence Day, our family’s car was bombed. But these attacks have only ever strengthened my resolve to advocate for spiritual coexistence, and so I have spent years teaching Jewish Israelis about Islam and our need to recognize that both Muslims and Jews belong in this land.

You can always coexist with other people, but not with every ideology, and on October 7, Hamas declared war against every element of my identity. They murdered Muslims. They kidnapped Bedouin from the desert. They continue to oppress Palestinians in Gaza, stealing aid and using their homes and mosques to launch attacks. They are committed to destroying Israel and every Israeli. I am at war with Hamas because this is their path, but I will never be at war against the people of Gaza.

Perhaps, there is still some hope for the world.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

22 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

You are mixing people and country in relation to other people and country. India and Israel (not Indians and Israelis) may have diplomatic relationship. Our relationship is par for the course - neither too close nor too antagonistic. We adopt a neutral stance with them and I like it to continue.

Why do I find our people get emotional over foreign people? I'm not saying we shouldn't care for other people. That's not our way. Of course we should. If things were reversed, would you or any other Indian have similar sentiments being shown to the Palestinians? They deserve it for they were the victims in this case for over 70 years. Some of us are fed up with Congress and we have a history of Islamic conquest in mind. That phrase "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" doesn't work in geopolitics. If that were true, we should thank Hitler for our independence.

Moreover, you saw how the coronavirus thing was handled. I don't know about you but I see news as mere propaganda. I cannot trust something that happened in another part of the globe just because its on the news anymore. This whole thing maybe a false flag attack to punish the Palestinians again. I saw something over at the Corbett report that opens the possibility of this scenario. News throws the mind into emotional roller coaster and you cannot think logically in the moment. Its better to wait it out especially something that is not domestic.

And regarding the terror next door, these countries were of no help when we pointed to them long before 2001 because the next door was an ally to US and indirectly to Israel. Even after 2001, they weren't much help either. We still had to negotiate with them and point out the terrorist activities again and again to move an inch with them.

So Israel is a "friend" to India but also have backhanded support from Pakistan. Welcome to geopolitics. There are no friends in diplomatic relations. Only trade and mutual agreements work here. Israel plays its game pretty carefully. They stay surrounded by enemies and have important people in US and UK to back them. They infact own these countries.

Indians and India DO NOT need Israel, Arabic countries or for that matter US or Europe. We only need them because UN was formed and we live in a global village with nuclear treaties. We only need to move our pieces carefully to not upset the financial and military might of the west. We lived peacefully long before the west or islam came here.

Lets be absolutely clear that Israel is considered enemy state to every Pakistani and Pakistani establishment unless USA asks Pakistani establishment to wag its tail which Pakistani establishment finds very difficult.

Its Israelis and French who initiated the defence tech collaboration with India, Now only West has joined in. They still got some niche tech or have a heft to influence positively to get India some Defence Tech Deal.

Not just that, You dont give Haifa Port to a Indian tycoon unless you think its a good deal in defense and sovereignity perspective.

Now, False flag: Israelis value life of Jews far more than Palestinians or Arabs value life of Palestinians. Numerous examples are there where for a single Jew captive, they have given up many terrorists. As far as I see, I will say Oct 7 has direct link to Ukraine war as post this toide has turned in favor of Russians. However I dont see Russians as only beneficiary.

A greater connection can be made that Chinese were behind it as Precise Houthis attacks or the pricision level of Oct 7 Attacks on Israel does not only require manpower or planning. It also requires Tech Intelligence which can only come from West Russia or China. Why China, because it can only anhilate Taiwan if US and West is stretched enough to not be able to support Taiwan. Think of a situation where another war breaks out some part of world other than these 2 and then few month later China attacks Taiwan while US MIC is involved in supporting 3 wars.

20 minutes ago, mishra said:

Lets be absolutely clear that Israel is considered enemy state to every Pakistani and Pakistani establishment unless USA asks Pakistani establishment to wag its tail which Pakistani establishment finds very difficult.

Its Israelis and French who initiated the defence tech collaboration with India, Now only West has joined in. They still got some niche tech or have a heft to influence positively to get India some Defence Tech Deal.

Not just that, You dont give Haifa Port to a Indian tycoon unless you think its a good deal in defense and sovereignity perspective.

Now, False flag: Israelis value life of Jews far more than Palestinians or Arabs value life of Palestinians. Numerous examples are there where for a single Jew captive, they have given up many terrorists. As far as I see, I will say Oct 7 has direct link to Ukraine war as post this toide has turned in favor of Russians. However I dont see Russians as only beneficiary.

A greater connection can be made that Chinese were behind it as Precise Houthis attacks or the pricision level of Oct 7 Attacks on Israel does not only require manpower or planning. It also requires Tech Intelligence which can only come from West Russia or China. Why China, because it can only anhilate Taiwan if US and West is stretched enough to not be able to support Taiwan. Think of a situation where another war breaks out some part of world other than these 2 and then few month later China attacks Taiwan while US MIC is involved in supporting 3 wars.

Meanwhile Papa Jan US is using its favorite for Hire plaything Pakistanis in attacking Iran... 

29 minutes ago, mishra said:

You are entitled to your opinion but in my view, India getting too close with Israel is not good. With the current government, there is a possibility of that happening regarding some major port deal you mentioned. There is a rule about the mafia. If you get a little help from the mafia, the mafia owns you as you have to give something back as a perpetual promise. We don't want to be tied to a foreign nation the same way the US and UK are being tied to them. A lot of people in those countries are wising up to the problem there.

Didn't the US help them out in the two world wars. What happened to them? They got sucked into more and more wars which are pegging back their economy. Who were financing these wars? I want you to investigate so that you will know what's going on.

Again you equate people with their country. Most Arabs oppose Israel's hegemony in the middle east. But their governments are tired of fighting the west through diplomacy because US and UK are totally owned. Some muslim countries are thoroughly with Isreal such as Saudi Arabia and Turkey if you ignore what they say and see what they do. I frankly don't really care that much about the Arabs as they can be just as racist to Indians. But they have a valid argument in the whole fiasco.

Pakistan's situation is entirely their fault and their government's fault as they used their ties with the US to try to dominate India with their "million cuts" before 2001. Now they are paying. China is our immediate threat and not to israel.

Whoever runs the show in israel does not live in isreal all the time. they have dual citizenship in us or uk. big wigs like rothshild live in uk and europe. the israeli population is majorly russian jews who are askenazi in origin. i dont buy that they cant have false flag operations. By false flags, I don't mean taking life of jews. it could be a psyop as well. I can't trust anything on the news anymore which can be mimicked with green screen tech.

15 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

You are entitled to your opinion but in my view, India getting too close with Israel is not good. With the current government, there is a possibility of that happening regarding some major port deal you mentioned. There is a rule about the mafia. If you get a little help from the mafia, the mafia owns you as you have to give something back as a perpetual promise. We don't want to be tied to a foreign nation the same way the US and UK are being tied to them. A lot of people in those countries are wising up to the problem there.

Didn't the US help them out in the two world wars. What happened to them? They got sucked into more and more wars which are pegging back their economy. Who were financing these wars? I want you to investigate so that you will know what's going on.

Again you equate people with their country. Most Arabs oppose Israel's hegemony in the middle east. But their governments are tired of fighting the west through diplomacy because US and UK are totally owned. Some muslim countries are thoroughly with Isreal such as Saudi Arabia and Turkey if you ignore what they say and see what they do. I frankly don't really care that much about the Arabs as they can be just as racist to Indians. But they have a valid argument in the whole fiasco.

Pakistan's situation is entirely their fault and their government's fault as they used their ties with the US to try to dominate India with their "million cuts" before 2001. Now they are paying. China is our immediate threat and not to israel.

Whoever runs the show in israel does not live in isreal all the time. they have dual citizenship in us or uk. big wigs like rothshild live in uk and europe. the israeli population is majorly russian jews who are askenazi in origin. i dont buy that they cant have false flag operations. By false flags, I don't mean taking life of jews. it could be a psyop as well. I can't trust anything on the news anymore which can be mimicked with green screen tech.

Honestly I see your point here and can also relate to why China Israel relations may not be good to Mafia type factor not getting what they want.

This is exactly the reason and kind of discussion why we should have good opposition and not current third grade chewt opposition political parties @BlueBlood

Edited by mishra

At this point of time entire Pakistan is currently sold out to US and UK...  Pak Army is completely in the pocket of CIA.  Joint military drills in PoK this time:bumsmack:  

India must always maintain its strategic partnership with Russia and keep backdoor negotiations with Chinese open. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

At this point of time entire Pakistan is currently sold out to US and UK...  Pak Army is completely in the pocket of CIA.  Joint military drills in PoK this time:bumsmack:  

India must always maintain its strategic partnership with Russia and keep backdoor negotiations with Chinese open. 

Ah, Better solution, Jaishankarjji manage to persuade US Uk Policimakers to ask Pakistani establishments to enter their n Afghanistan and kill terrorists.

14 minutes ago, mishra said:

Ah, Better solution, Jaishankarjji manage to persuade US Uk Policimakers to ask Pakistani establishments to enter their n Afghanistan and kill terrorists.

Having Pakistan as a key ally serves long term American interests.. Keep India locked in South Asia...  Strategic front in Iran and Afg.  

Jaishankar and India have known this for decades..  As a response I reckon FTA must be halted between UK and India. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Having Pakistan as a key ally serves long term American interests.. Keep India locked in South Asia...  Strategic front in Iran and Afg.  

Jaishankar and India have known this for decades..  As a response I reckon FTA must be halted between UK and India. 

I don't think

7 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I'll make this simple, once the port deal was secured, India was always in Israel's hands as alliance was automatically formed without any strategic logic behind it.

This is exactly what I keep talking about, all you need to do is pacify Ambani, Adani or someone equally influential in business and the whole country falls in line and suddenly changes opinions and alliances. The media is in cahoots fully and the useful idiots are going to support anything blindly with zero critical thinking because that's what they were taught over years of media brainwashing.

Saudi Arabia and UAE invested and saved Ambani and Adani multiple times when their stock went down. Suddenly India starts importing their Oil over other countries or does special deals. Even though strategically we could negotiate even stronger with them to check China.

This is why you cannot mix business with politics. It messes up the whole power structure and negotiating power.

China learned this with Jack Ma/Alibaba and other business people getting too much power and curbed them as it was hurting their negotiation ability and made them too predictable to their adversaries.

Jaishanker can do hundreds of viral videos but everyone in real power worldwide knows that if you can pacify the right oligarch in India, things can get done smoothly and you get what you want.

7 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

I don't think

I'll make this simple, once the port deal was secured, India was always in Israel's hands as alliance was automatically formed without any strategic logic behind it.

This is exactly what I keep talking about, all you need to do is pacify Ambani, Adani or someone equally influential in business and the whole country falls in line and suddenly changes opinions and alliances. The media is in cahoots fully and the useful idiots are going to support anything blindly with zero critical thinking because that's what they were taught over years of media brainwashing.

Saudi Arabia and UAE invested and saved Ambani and Adani multiple times when their stock went down. Suddenly India starts importing their Oil over other countries or does special deals. Even though strategically we could negotiate even stronger with them to check China.

This is why you cannot mix business with politics. It messes up the whole power structure and negotiating power.

China learned this with Jack Ma/Alibaba and other business people getting too much power and curbed them as it was hurting their negotiation ability and made them too predictable to their adversaries.

Jaishanker can do hundreds of viral videos but everyone in real power worldwide knows that if you can pacify the right oligarch in India, things can get done smoothly and you get what you want.

This may happen as things are fine with these bigwigs but once they have the monopoly, they may change their tunes. if they do, then it does not matter who is in power. let the lemmings fight over parties but these people will always be in power and with the port deal, foreign elements will siphon money or resources. i havent checked the facts but I have read in the last elections these bigwigs contributed to both parties. make of that what you will.

I agree with the media bit. I can say the same about global media. journalism is dead. far worse is western media which are just plain propaganda.

8 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

You don't think there is any 'strategic logic' making alliance with the ONLY nation in the immediate vicinity of the Suez Canal that has rule of law and has a proven track record of keeping the Suez Canal open despite Egyptian extremism ? Talk about 'chota muh bari baat'

Good. The media working to massage the government that has done more for India in the last 10 years than all governments combined in the prior 50, deserves all the help it can get. 

No, we cannot strategically negotiate even stronger with them because they are sponsors of Islamism in India in the recent past and as such, need to be kept on a short leish. Not to mention, China is a bigger client than us, you cannot angle out someone with a bigger wad of cash at the market. 

India doesn't have oligarches. America and Russia do.