Paris 2024 Olympics Discussions

bharathh

1 hour ago, Number said:

Vinesh and Bajrang lose at the national level trials.

Good job by wrestling federation to have national trials before international events.

bound to happen. Regardless of whether one agrees with their politics or not, it is undeniable that their activism has severely detracted from practice, etc

23 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Vinesh lost in 53kg, but she is through in 50kg catagory as Indian contender for Olympic qualifiers.

did she compete in both categories?

50 minutes ago, Vijy said:

did she compete in both categories?

Yes, I heard she stopped the qualifiers for 3 hrs for her demand of being allowed to compete in both weight catagory. In women, both 50 kg and 53 kg freestyle events are there since there is no Greco Roman event in women wrestling....

10 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Yes, I heard she stopped the qualifiers for 3 hrs for her demand of being allowed to compete in both weight catagory. In women, both 50 kg and 53 kg freestyle events are there since there is no Greco Roman event in women wrestling....

more disruptive behavior, even assuming it is allowed

Men's hockey test series going on in Perth. 5 matches in total.

Aussies have won 1st 4 matches, whitewash loading :facepalm:

1-5, 2-4, 1-2, 1-3.....we had some chances only in the third match. India vs Australia in hockey is one of the most hopeless matchups I have ever seen. H2H is 95-24 in favor of Aussies, 21 draws. Pakistan despite their decline have such a good H2H against these gora teams courtesy their past greatness in 70s, 80s, 90s. 

@Vijy alarm bells must ring now. 

Edited by Gollum

From 1-0 up and dominating, to 1-3 down at end of Q3. I am done with these clowns, this is torture. Forget physicality, stamina etc. we ain't too bad. But our players are too stupid, nonsensical decision making @Kron, no sense of tactics or strategy, I was wrong about physicality part, our low IQ is an impediment. 

Boys have given up, Aussies playing on 2nd gear have mentally broken this Indian team yet again. 5-0 whitewash, in Olympics they will win 7-0 or 8-0 if we are lucky, Ireland will give Aussies a tougher fight than us, the mental scars we carry will take decades to overcome. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

From 1-0 up and dominating, to 1-3 down at end of Q3. I am done with these clowns, this is torture. Forget physicality, stamina etc. we ain't too bad. But our players are too stupid, nonsensical decision making @Kron, no sense of tactics or strategy, I was wrong about physicality part, our low IQ is an impediment. 

Hey man what game you watching? Hockey? Yes we have very bad sporting iq. Unfortunately that will take years to build. It needs to be organically built by first developing sporting culture. Fitness strength wise we are quite good. We have many fit strong athletes. Brains is zero in sports 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

250$ for MOTM, life is so unfair. 

Damnn that is terrible. Lot of Aussies players get sponsored by their universities etc. 

Unlike our players who get paid peanuts. 

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Men's hockey test series going on in Perth. 5 matches in total.

Aussies have won 1st 4 matches, whitewash loading :facepalm:

1-5, 2-4, 1-2, 1-3.....we had some chances only in the third match. India vs Australia in hockey is one of the most hopeless matchups I have ever seen. H2H is 95-24 in favor of Aussies, 21 draws. Pakistan despite their decline have such a good H2H against these gora teams courtesy their past greatness in 70s, 80s, 90s. 

@Vijy alarm bells must ring now. 

yeah, we are gonna not make it even to QFs this olympics IMO

1 hour ago, Kron said:

Hey man what game you watching? Hockey? Yes we have very bad sporting iq. Unfortunately that will take years to build. It needs to be organically built by first developing sporting culture. Fitness strength wise we are quite good. We have many fit strong athletes. Brains is zero in sports 

I often mentioned physicality in my earlier posts to you. I retract them, lack of IQ, stupid decision making, mental collapse under pressure are the reasons we are underperforming.

33 minutes ago, Vijy said:

yeah, we are gonna not make it even to QFs this olympics IMO

Really tough group. Aus, Bel, Arg, NZ, Ireland and us, now seriously worried about NZ also.

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I often mentioned physicality in my earlier posts to you. I retract them, lack of IQ, stupid decision making, mental collapse under pressure are the reasons we are underperforming.

That way too much simplification. Australians in general don’t have high expectations from the team. Indian team usually has high expectations. The pressure on Indian team is way too high always. This is one of the biggest reason they don’t perform well under pressure be it cricket or hockey. One another professional sports about training to for tough situations.Highly successful sport franchises do this. This should be taught in Indian sports. You don’t want to react to a situation rather trained for it.

Edited by gattaca

4 minutes ago, gattaca said:

That way too much simplification. Australians in general don’t have high expectations from the team. Indian team usually has high expectations. The pressure on Indian team is way too high always. This is one of the biggest reason they don’t perform well under pressure be it cricket or hockey. One another professional sports about training to for tough situations.Highly successful sport franchises do this. This should be taught in Indian sports. You don’t want to react to a situation rather trained for it.

Not in hockey, just a couple of thousand (may peak at 5-6k) watch live streams of our hockey matches like today. And we don't have great expectations against a team like Australia, just pray that we don't get massacred. Aussies are expected to win gold every competition they enter, even a silver is seen as a failure for their team. Their hockey team over the past decade has become a butt of jokes in Aus sports circles because of their chokes in semis and finals despite unreal domination in non WC/Olympic events.....they are under tremendous pressure for Paris also. 

Also high expectations in cricket also translates to more support. When we play WC games or tests against Aus/Eng in their countries, crowd is still majority pro-Indian, like SCG 2015. It is our fault if we can't use crowd support as a motivating factor. In NBA, football, home support is a big thing.