Delhi choking again - Thank the Anndata

ravishingravi

1 minute ago, randomGuy said:

"Punjab awarded matches as Delhi could not host due to pollution caused by Punjab" doesn't sound right.... Jaipur and other venues should get...

Caused by Punjab? So why it isnt there as much as in Delhi? It is not the sole reason. Delhi has poor AQI throughout the year.

Agree Jaipur,Kochi etc deserved few games.

15 minutes ago, Lord said:

Caused by Punjab? So why it isnt there as much as in Delhi? It is not the sole reason. Delhi has poor AQI throughout the year.

Agree Jaipur,Kochi etc deserved few games.

I live in Delhi... this year it had been quite clean air throughout. Even a complaining person like me was happy with air. 'Gas Chamber' air coincides with parali burning season. That's precisely the reason. Wind blows towards Delhi, gets all the pollution here from Punjab.

Edited by randomGuy

50 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

I live in Delhi... this year it had been quite clean air throughout. Even a complaining person like me was happy with air. 'Gas Chamber' air coincides with parali burning season. That's precisely the reason. Wind blows towards Delhi, gets all the pollution here from Punjab.

Sad that AAP government is just doing politics over an issue which is totally why they were voted for twice!! They were blaming parali all the time during Captain was CM and now their environment minister was blaming some old buses coming from UP or Ghaziabad as the reason for AQI going to 700 all of a sudden. Truly pathetic 

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Sad that AAP government is just doing politics over an issue which is totally why they were voted for twice!! They were blaming parali all the time during Captain was CM and now their environment minister was blaming some old buses coming from UP or Ghaziabad as the reason for AQI going to 700 all of a sudden. Truly pathetic 

Some think well-meaning people like you and others raise this issue because you get kick out of blaming AAP. But please keep raising the issue. Clean air is very basic necessity of life...I actually wanted the worst pollution to be during a world cup game and players throwing up, game getting cancelled midway , Delhi air getting bad press worldwide. This is what we deserve and what's needed maybe.

Listen I o this idiot of the environment minister avoiding any talk of parali from punjab

13 hours ago, randomGuy said:

A decade back, they were sowing different crop and pollution was not an issue. Why don't they change the crop?

Other states' farmers don't use such blackmail.

This is not blackmail, it is survival. Still wrong though.

11 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Listen I o this idiot of the environment minister avoiding any talk of parali from punjab

Was AQI poor before stubble burning or not. Diesel is a very significant pollutant.

18 minutes ago, Khota said:

Was AQI poor before stubble burning or not. Diesel is a very significant pollutant.

But it doesn’t cause this seasonal increase. Suddenly, between Oct-Dec it is high. Do they have more buses in this time, think with your scientific mindset. It takes a few days for all the paroli burning smog to reach Delhi with the south East winds, every year!!!

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

But it doesn’t cause this seasonal increase. Suddenly, between Oct-Dec it is high. Do they have more buses in this time, think with your scientific mindset. It takes a few days for all the paroli burning smog to reach Delhi with the south East winds, every year!!!

Think with your brain too. What was the cause of baseline AQI to be high? Think again.

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

He isn't. 

My family left Delhi on 2nd nov., hopefully till 20 November only and only due to pollution .Fortunately we have a house in another city (Ajmer, my dad's hometown)...I will most likely leave too.. even if we won't suffer unlike those who remain in Delhi, you(even you and others don't live here) and I understand their misfortune, unlike these insensitive so-called farmers and their supporters...

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

My family left Delhi on 2nd nov., hopefully till 20 November only and only due to pollution .Fortunately we have a house in another city (Ajmer, my dad's hometown)...I will most likely leave too.. even if we won't suffer unlike those who remain in Delhi, you(even you and others don't live here) and I understand their misfortune, unlike these insensitive so-called farmers and their supporters...

It's most unfortunate scenario man. If ever there was a case for guillotine french revolution, this was it. Heads should roll especially of these farmers. 

6 hours ago, Khota said:

Think with your brain too. What was the cause of baseline AQI to be high? Think again.

You think harder. He didn’t say it was for baseline AQI. He said it was the reason for the sudden increase Listen to him at 2:50

Edited by coffee_rules

6 hours ago, bharathh said:

If you really are a Delhi resident - I am not sure what you are defending here. 

There is nothing to defend here. It is tragic and indefensible.

Bur farmers are a part of the problem but not the entire problem.

Here is the solution and I think PM Modi is the best person to implement it. India should go all nuclear. Tens of billions of dollars in nuclear energy and give up fossil fuel.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

You think harder. He didn’t say it was for baseline AQI. He said it was the reason for the sudden increase Listen to him at 2:50

I did not listen completely. If that is the case then I made a mistake.

6 hours ago, bharathh said:

If you really are a Delhi resident - I am not sure what you are defending here. 

The issue over here is some posters are making it a political issue whereas it is a human issue and tragic. They want to blame AAP and the farmers whereas the issues are deeper.

Either you want solutions, or you want to score political points. 

You are very well educated and well-travelled person. You should at least take the high road and look for solutions.