Delhi choking again - Thank the Anndata

ravishingravi

4 hours ago, Khota said:

The issue over here is some posters are making it a political issue whereas it is a human issue and tragic. They want to blame AAP and the farmers whereas the issues are deeper.

Either you want solutions, or you want to score political points. 

You are very well educated and well-travelled person. You should at least take the high road and look for solutions.

Farmers who burn parali should be taken to jail and given a good dhulai. Punjabi farmers are the worst of offenders. Sick of them. Aap is the worst party in the history of Indian politics.worse than Nehrus congress and at par with tmc, Lalus BJD and SP Dangerous party. 

8 hours ago, bharathh said:

Farmers who burn parali should be taken to jail and given a good dhulai. Punjabi farmers are the worst of offenders. Sick of them. Aap is the worst party in the history of Indian politics.worse than Nehrus congress and at par with tmc, Lalus BJD and SP Dangerous party. 

You want farmers to be your personal servants and treat them like slaves. Who has given you the right to do that?

And quit advocating violence against others. Shame on you for doing that.

Edited by Khota

5 hours ago, Khota said:

You want farmers to be your personal servants and treat them like slaves. Who has given you the right to do that?

And quit advocating violence against others. Shame on you for doing that.

People who don't care about others deserve it. No shame here. You continue to breathe in their work.

Shameful of Annadatas. They should be jailed. They are goons.

Edited by coffee_rules

From cricbuzz "face masks aren't a new thing in Delhi, they have been around even before the COVID-19 times. Heavily polluted air has been an annually-recurring problem for a while now. On Sunday (November 5), with the Air Quality Index still in the 'severe' category, the Delhi Education Minister announced that primary schools in Delhi would remain shut till November 10. What then of the Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh match?

Responding to Cricbuzz, ICC's official statement read: "The BCCI engaged the services of renowned Pulmonologist Dr Randeep Guleria to assess the situation in Delhi ahead of Monday's game and provide independent expert advice. Under Dr Guleria's guidance, the venue team has been taking mitigating actions throughout the day including the implementation of water sprinklers around the premises and the installation of air purifiers in the dressing rooms and match officials areas. The AQI within the stadium was monitored throughout the day which has reduced to levels considered acceptable by Dr Guleria.

"The ICC will continue to work in collaboration with Dr Guleria, BCCI, DDCA, and the Delhi Government to monitor the air quality and to take all possible steps to mitigate the air quality concerns at the Arun Jaitley Stadium and the match remains scheduled to take place in Delhi on Monday."

According to the ICC playing conditions, if the umpires deem that the conditions 'of ground, weather or light, or any other circumstances are dangerous or unreasonable, they shall immediately suspend play, or not allow play to start or to recommence. The decision as to whether conditions are so bad as to warrant such action is one for the umpires alone to make, following consultation with the ICC Match Referee'. In the case of tomorrow's game too, Delhi's pollution will be treated in the context of weather and the match referee will be the final authority in this matter. All eyes will be on Richie Richardson come Monday.

Bangladesh and Sri Lanka both cancelled a practice session each in the build-up to the game, although Shakib Al Hasan's team did show up at the nets on Saturday. The members of the coaching staff all wore masks during the training as the players practised for about 2 and a half hours. On Sunday, however, only eight of the Bangladesh players turned up for practice as the team did not want to take any risk with those members who are asthmatic.

Delhi's poor quality air isn't a new thing for Sri Lanka either. Back in 2017, Sri Lankan players vomited and they even began a post-lunch session of a Test match against India sporting face masks on the field. "We had players coming off the field and vomiting. There were oxygen cylinders in the change room. It's not normal for players to suffer in that way while playing the game," Nic Pothas, the Sri Lanka coach then, had said. Pothas is now with the Bangladesh camp as an assistant coach and has shared his experiences. Sri Lanka eventually practised on Sunday, with the support staff all masked up.

Till Diwali,its wind speed.. after that the target is clear

On 11/4/2023 at 7:28 PM, randomGuy said:

I live in Delhi... this year it had been quite clean air throughout. Even a complaining person like me was happy with air. 'Gas Chamber' air coincides with parali burning season. That's precisely the reason. Wind blows towards Delhi, gets all the pollution here from Punjab.

Genuine question, and I am trying to understand logically without blaming/defending anyone.

If all the pollution is from Punjab only, why is Punjab itself not as much polluted? or was before the winds blew?

59 minutes ago, Lord said:

Genuine question, and I am trying to understand logically without blaming/defending anyone.

If all the pollution is from Punjab only, why is Punjab itself not as much polluted? or was before the winds blew?

No expert here - but found this interesting

https://windy.app/spots/India

You'll notice that the wind from Punjab either goes into Pak Punjab or towards Haryana and Delhi. Over Delhi, there rarely seems to be much wind movement. So I'm assuming it doesn't get blown away, unlike what happens in Punjab and causes the huge amt of pollution to build up there. Smoke is heavy so it settles close to human habitation and needs to be cleaned through rains or blown away through wind. Neither happens in Delhi and western UP during the winter months.

Stop wasting time. Kejriwal is as corrupt and incompetent as it can get.

Apart from distributing freebies to make his vote bank, which is similar or worse level then the ones who came up with Mandal Commission yesteryear era, He cant actually come/deliver anything as AAP has no principals.

Now a days with digitisation (which most opposed), the benefit of his freebis schemes can be better tracked and hence some are getting benefit.

Every party, NC, AIMIM, Cong, SP etc, their  Politics has some principal except AAP , which has none. I mean what AAP brings to table other than being Anna Hazare's IAC poster boy Kejriwal, who himself has ripped/peed on every image of on that IAC poster

Edited by mishra

48 minutes ago, mishra said:

Stop wasting time. Kejriwal is as corrupt and incompetent as it can get.

Apart from distributing freebies to make his vote bank, which is similar or worse level then the ones who came up with Mandal Commission yesteryear era, He cant actually come/deliver anything as AAP has no principals.

Now a days with digitisation (which most opposed), the benefit of his freebis schemes can be better tracked and hence some are getting benefit.

Every party, NC, AIMIM, Cong, SP etc, their  Politics has some principal except AAP , which has none. I mean what AAP brings to table other than being Anna Hazare's IAC poster boy Kejriwal, who himself has ripped/peed on every image of on that IAC poster

Kejriwal winning Dilli is a proof that pollution influences our critical thinking. 

11 hours ago, Lord said:

I think NASA scientists have established that this burn does not affect Punjab or Haryana but comes to Delhi and stops there. 

Also, they have established if BJP comes to power in Delhi and Punjab it will go away magically.

If you don't believe it then ask the bots.

On a serious note, what was the AQI before the burn and after that in Delhi. I know it does cause a problem, but the base line numbers are bad to begin with.

Edited by Khota

13 hours ago, Lord said:

Winds are south East blows the smoke towards NCR. It happens a few weeks after parali burning. This time Haryana, Rajasthan are also affected due to slower than usual winds. 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

I think NASA scientists have established that this burn does not affect Punjab or Haryana but comes to Delhi and stops there. 

Also, they have established if BJP comes to power in Delhi and Punjab it will go away magically.

If you don't believe it then ask the bots.

On a serious note, what was the AQI before the burn and after that in Delhi. I know it does cause a problem, but the base line numbers are bad to begin with.

You blame BJP hypothetically , But Kejriwal and AAP kept blaming Parali from Punjab all the time when Captain was CM , now suddenly blames UP buses. 

30 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You blame BJP hypothetically , But Kejriwal and AAP kept blaming Parali from Punjab all the time when Captain was CM , now suddenly blames UP buses. 

You and your friends enjoy twisting words. Could you point to me one place I have BJP for this? Please.

This is a economic crisis in Punjab. What they are doing is wrong, but Delhi AQI was bad to begin with.

Edited by Khota

2 hours ago, Khota said:

You and your friends enjoy twisting words. Could you point to me one place I have BJP for this? Please.

This is a economic crisis in Punjab. What they are doing is wrong, but Delhi AQI was bad to begin with.

On 11/3/2023 at 12:26 PM, Khota said:

Let us get to the facts. 

This is a central government problem, not local.

Crop burning is wrong and the only way to solve it is to give more msp to farmers.

There is no way around it. It needs money.

3 hours ago, Khota said:

This is an economic crisis in Punjab. What they are doing is wrong, but Delhi AQI was bad to begin with.

This is your words ——.

Also, they have established if BJP comes to power in Delhi and Punjab it will go away magically.”

Edited by coffee_rules

4 hours ago, Khota said:

Kya bakwas hai? I live in Delhi. Delhi aqi was satisfactory all year aside from parali burning season

This is today's news -

Delhi-NCR Air Pollution: Supreme court asks Punjab government to stop stubble burning

TIMESOFINDIA

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/delhi-ncr-air-pollution-supreme-court-asks-punjab-government-to-stop-stubble-burning/articleshow/105030885.cms

Edited by randomGuy