Jump to content

In 2023, India has 3 pacers bowling 150 kph+ .... Mayank Yadav, Kartik Tyagi and Umran Malik


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

It's spreading among foreigners too who are spending time in India.   : )

 

Yesterday, when Rauf was bowling, Waqar said that raw pace doesn't work any more in white ball cricket and it is those bowling cutters and bowling line and length who are feared. 

 

Never heard anything like this from him earlier. 

 

Shaheen and Babar are their supper-stars and PCB is trying to project them as brands of-sorts. So no bad words against them kind of policy here.

 

Yes Rauf has not been good, but he has been  able to pull back in the last 10 overs, this has been his role in the side with Shaheen not been that effective upfront and unavailability of Naseem is making his bowling look much worse.

 

And all the back-up and replacements are of same kind who like to bowl in the depth where batters are looking to hit every-ball which pak bowlers thrive-on.  Wasim looked good because he is getting the opportunity to bowl in those conditions.

 

I think Waqar mentioned this but then, said nothing on Shaheen who is now Pak's most expensive bowler in an ODI wc match.

 

 

 

Edited by tapandrun
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Vijy said:

bumrah will play for a few more years, as will shami, but we need to groom the next 5-6 players. these are the ones that I rate the most highly for multiple formats.

 

1. prasidh -- has already played ODIs and T20s. should play tests ASAP; and be mostly restricted to ODIs and Tests. speed, bounce, skills, and control.

2. rana -- primarily tests and ODIs (for now). has potential to become shardul or shardul+ batter too

3. mayank yadav -- primarily ODIs and T20s (for now). has high speed, good control, and decent skills

4. kuldeep sen -- should play ODIs and maybe Tests, assuming he is fine post=injury. has high speed, good control, and good skills

5. kartik tyagi -- primarily ODIs and T20s (for now). has high speed, high skills, but poor control

6. raj bawa -- too raw, but can easily rise quickly through the ranks if he gets more batting and bowling chances. I see him as a better player than hardik. can bat in top 6/7 and bowl 7-8 overs in ODIs.

7. umran -- primarily T20s and ODIs, but only if he bowls fast, attacks stumps, and gets the ball to do a bit. has regressed of late.

8. Hangu -- bit similar to rana, but much more raw. can bowl quite fast and tonk well. has potential to be no. 8 after developing.

 

Overall, I feel that our pace reserves are doing well again. Need to get rid of Mukesh Coomer, Boobi Coomer, Undercutter, rishi dhawan, etc.

 

@express bowling@Mosher@Suhaan@singhvivek141@SRT100

 

I hope this WC proves to the Indian selectors, there is zero need for trundlers and average all round bowlers.

 

Having a lethal trio in Bumrah, Shami and Siraj is complemented so well with Jaddu and Kuldeep.

 

Even if 2-3 bowlers have an off day, there is still enough quality bowlers to bowl 20 overs and take wickets.

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

 

I hope this WC proves to the Indian selectors, there is zero need for trundlers and average all round bowlers.

 

Having a lethal trio in Bumrah, Shami and Siraj is complemented so well with Jaddu and Kuldeep.

 

Even if 2-3 bowlers have an off day, there is still enough quality bowlers to bowl 20 overs and take wickets.

Ind's test bowling attack already showed that having 3/4 140+ kmph bowlers bowling at good lines can win series.

 

They should have realized it, Also in white-ball they must encourage bowlers to start batting atleast imporve hitting ability.

 

Post WC need to slot in all new upcoming bowlers make make that bench strength of 6/7 really good fast bowlers. Ind should also realize that test bowling is different from ODI bowling  and ODI bowling is different from  T20s. They should not go an try looking for all format bowlers.

 

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, tapandrun said:

Ind's test bowling attack already showed that having 3/4 140+ kmph bowlers bowling at good lines can win series.

 

They should have realized it, Also in white-ball they must encourage bowlers to start batting atleast imporve hitting ability.

 

Post WC need to slot in all new upcoming bowlers make make that bench strength of 6/7 really good fast bowlers. Ind should also realize that test bowling is different from ODI bowling  and ODI bowling is different from  T20s. They should not go an try looking for all format bowlers.

 

 

 

Agree, we need "specialist" bowlers in different formats. A 10 over bowler can be very different to a 4 over bowler in T20.

 

Michael Vaughan on Cricbuzz was saying that in the finals, opposition will have to try something different and take on Indian bowlers, than go tuk tuk and then get out.

 

He has a point, batsmen are sitting lame ducks if they go defensive against our bowlers.

 

We are bowling so well at the moment, Kuldeep has hardly been needed. In many ways he will be that "mystery" bowler in the finals as he hasnt needed to bowl much.

 

Easier to say to take on the bowlers, Bumrah with his speed and accuracy and Shami with his seam movement are just too difficult to charge and take on. Siraj is who I would target.

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

 

Agree, we need "specialist" bowlers in different formats. A 10 over bowler can be very different to a 4 over bowler in T20.

 

Michael Vaughan on Cricbuzz was saying that in the finals, opposition will have to try something different and take on Indian bowlers, than go tuk tuk and then get out.

 

He has a point, batsmen are sitting lame ducks if they go defensive against our bowlers.

 

We are bowling so well at the moment, Kuldeep has hardly been needed. In many ways he will be that "mystery" bowler in the finals as he hasnt needed to bowl much.

 

Easier to say to take on the bowlers, Bumrah with his speed and accuracy and Shami with his seam movement are just too difficult to charge and take on. Siraj is who I would target.

siraj and kuldeep are the two sofites. jaddu will be accurate as always. boomer and shami are currently too difficult. that being said, boomer can choke

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Vijy said:

siraj and kuldeep are the two sofites. jaddu will be accurate as always. boomer and shami are currently too difficult. that being said, boomer can choke

If I was planning tactically how to take on the Indian bowlers, these are the 20 overs I would be targeting from Siraj and Kuldeep.

 

As you said, Jaddu has accuracy, you miss, youre out. Bumrah and Shami are bowling with such rhythm and confidence, their experience should guide them, even if they have a few bad overs in the finals.

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

If I was planning tactically how to take on the Indian bowlers, these are the 20 overs I would be targeting from Siraj and Kuldeep.

 

As you said, Jaddu has accuracy, you miss, youre out. Bumrah and Shami are bowling with such rhythm and confidence, their experience should guide them, even if they have a few bad overs in the finals.

Boomer is mentally fragile though. can be targeted as well.

 

shami and jaddu are the real tough nuts

Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Vijy said:

siraj and kuldeep are the two sofites. jaddu will be accurate as always. boomer and shami are currently too difficult. that being said, boomer can choke

Siraj isn't a softie, he us mentally tough. Yeah, his radar can go awry at times..but with Bumrah & Shami aside, he will always have a guiding factor.

 

Kuldeep has learned from the mental breakdown he faced last few years. He understands his game better now and if will take exceptional batting ability to dislodge him, I don't think he is going to give freebies. Usually when a player goesthrough such turmoil, they comeback stronger.

 

If Bumrah chokes, it's going to be real tough. He is the base on top of which this bowling is based out. Once you get the base out the remaining structure will shake up. Bumrah & Kuldeep are the base of this bowling attack.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Siraj isn't a softie, he us mentally tough. Yeah, his radar can go awry at times..but with Bumrah & Shami aside, he will always have a guiding factor.

 

Kuldeep has learned from the mental breakdown he faced last few years. He understands his game better now and if will take exceptional batting ability to dislodge him, I don't think he is going to give freebies. Usually when a player goesthrough such turmoil, they comeback stronger.

 

If Bumrah chokes, it's going to be real tough. He is the base on top of which this bowling is based out. Once you get the base out the remaining structure will shake up. Bumrah & Kuldeep are the base of this bowling attack.

Kuldeep is still weak, although not as much as before. he got a thrashing in the first 5 overs vs NZ; expect more of the same.

 

Siraj is both mentally and physically fragile.

 

Hoping that Boomer can keep it together.

Link to comment

Completely agree with Finch and Vaughan both speaked like captains take the bull by horns, give them some kind of shock.

Can not fend these guys off there is no soft swirl coming. Ind needs to plan in that direction. Teams will come hard now as they know there is no hiding.

 

Ind team management first have plan for this and tell the batters if Opposition is batting first you are looking at a steep chase. and if the opposition is bowling first they are looking to make quick work of Ind batting.

 

The batters needs to pull their socks and ready for a high scoring encounter.

 

 

For bowlers its now time to show they can rise-up to big occasion and take down teams on their own. As batters are going to be more prepared against them then should have a trick or two up their selves. Would like Kuldeep to take this challenge up. 

 

Siraj needs to get into his top bowling form pre-wc he was Ind best white-ball bowler getting into 145 kmph and bowling good upfront and cutting big runs in the end.

 

*****Fielders can not drop a catch now.

 

 

 

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

Completely agree with Finch and Vaughan both speaked like captains take the bull by horns, give them some kind of shock.

Can not fend these guys off there is no soft swirl coming. Ind needs to plan in that direction. Teams will come hard now as they know there is no hiding.

 

Ind team management first have plan for this and tell the batters if Opposition is batting first you are looking at a steep chase. and if the opposition is bowling first they are looking to make quick work of Ind batting.

 

The batters needs to pull their socks and ready for a high scoring encounter.

 

 

For bowlers its now time to show they can rise-up to big occasion and take down teams on their own. As batters are going to be more prepared against them then should have a trick or two up their selves. Would like Kuldeep to take this challenge up. 

 

Siraj needs to get into his top bowling form pre-wc he was Ind best white-ball bowler getting into 145 kmph and bowling good upfront and cutting big runs in the end.

 

*****Fielders can not drop a catch now.

 

 

 

Exactly,teams will come hard now

All of them,NZ/Pak,Aus,SA

Knowing Australia they will come hard to anyone  they face

NZ will bolstered by return of Jamieson and Ferguson

Australia by Marsh,Maxwell

Pak are mercurial

SA as always very dangerous and explosive

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

Completely agree with Finch and Vaughan both speaked like captains take the bull by horns, give them some kind of shock.

Can not fend these guys off there is no soft swirl coming. Ind needs to plan in that direction. Teams will come hard now as they know there is no hiding.

 

Ind team management first have plan for this and tell the batters if Opposition is batting first you are looking at a steep chase. and if the opposition is bowling first they are looking to make quick work of Ind batting.

 

The batters needs to pull their socks and ready for a high scoring encounter.

 

 

For bowlers its now time to show they can rise-up to big occasion and take down teams on their own. As batters are going to be more prepared against them then should have a trick or two up their selves. Would like Kuldeep to take this challenge up. 

 

Siraj needs to get into his top bowling form pre-wc he was Ind best white-ball bowler getting into 145 kmph and bowling good upfront and cutting big runs in the end.

 

*****Fielders can not drop a catch now.

 

 

 

Our pacers should be ready to bowl some yorkers and bouncers upftont.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Sorry to be joining the party late. Here's my observation:

 

Mayank:

A natural. Lean body structure, packed with fast twitch muscles, amazing physical fitness. He derives his pace not from brute force, but through the alignment of his beautiful run-up and action. He is not pushing excess weight on his left foot during the final stride, and aligning his biomechanics absolutely correct, through a mix of side-on and a tad front on action. I felt his pace comes more from the catapult motion of his mid upper body, and yet not stressing on the shoulders. Action looks smooth and promises that it wont lead to injury. The natural bounce comes from his height and his bowling action. For some reasons, he reminds me of Shane Bond. 

The guy is a natural athlete. Now, his body language and psyche looks like he is normally very calm, unfazed by situation. He is in total control of his emotions. The pace he generates is not a one off, it is purely natural. This guy has a good career ahead of him. It will do no harm to fast track him to international matches. Maybe make him spend some time at NCA and then catapult him to the international matches. This guy will shine. 

 

 Yes very likable and fast approach to the wicket , and superb brace of the left leg at the time of delivery. 

Link to comment
21 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Sorry to be joining the party late. Here's my observation:

 

Mayank:

A natural. Lean body structure, packed with fast twitch muscles, amazing physical fitness. He derives his pace not from brute force, but through the alignment of his beautiful run-up and action. He is not pushing excess weight on his left foot during the final stride, and aligning his biomechanics absolutely correct, through a mix of side-on and a tad front on action. I felt his pace comes more from the catapult motion of his mid upper body, and yet not stressing on the shoulders. Action looks smooth and promises that it wont lead to injury. The natural bounce comes from his height and his bowling action. For some reasons, he reminds me of Shane Bond. 

The guy is a natural athlete. Now, his body language and psyche looks like he is normally very calm, unfazed by situation. He is in total control of his emotions. The pace he generates is not a one off, it is purely natural. This guy has a good career ahead of him. It will do no harm to fast track him to international matches. Maybe make him spend some time at NCA and then catapult him to the international matches. This guy will shine. 

 

Tyagi:

Pure brute. Lots of pent up aggression. Good pace and bounce. Can scare the batsman away. I guess needs to finetune yorkers and variation in bowling. But he is ready for international matches.

 

Umran:

Very Waqar Younis like. To all those who say he is not ready, give him sufficient outing, give him the confidence, the kid will scare away the opposition batsmen. I reckon if given chance, Umran will bowl around 154-157 in International matches. 

He has a very beautiful action, skiddy bowler and can surprise/ shock any batsmen. Ample firepower to destroy a batting line-up when used in short spells.

 

Why should we fast track all these fast bowlers?

 

Shami isn't getting any younger. And there isnt a dearth of beautiful women in India, God forbid, if Shami gets to meet one of them we are not sure what will happen to his bowling :((. Bumrah needs as many able bowling partners who can scare away batters so that he could use his guile to get them out. Incase of injury to either Bumrah or Siraj, we solid firepower who could scare the batsmen through either guile or brute pace. And we need a battery of them. Ready at disposal. 

 

Get some test matches aligned against smaller teams and give these bowlers chances. Throw them into the water, they will learn how to stay afloat. And more 

the Bond comparison is very good for mayank. But, somehow, if Tyagi can get his radar right, I feel he has an even higher ceiling than mayank (and umran)

Edited by Vijy
Link to comment

MAYANK YADAV ....

 

The youngest bowler to have impressed in the Deodhar Trophy was North Zone's right-arm pacer, Mayank Yadav. Despite being relatively inexperienced at the domestic level, the 21-year-old led the North Zone attack.

 

Finishing as the joint second leading wicket-taker, Mayank picked up 12 scalps at an average of 17.57, including best figures of 4/63 against East Zone. Further indicating his value to the side is that the 21-year-old picked up twice as many wickets as the next-best in the North Zone side.

 

Despite just debuting in first-class cricket in December 2021, the pacer has already picked up 28 wickets in List-A cricket for Delhi at an average of 20. It should be just a matter of time before Mayank Yadav debuts for Lucknow Super Giants in the IPL.

Link to comment
On 11/6/2023 at 8:02 AM, SRT100 said:

 

Agree, we need "specialist" bowlers in different formats. A 10 over bowler can be very different to a 4 over bowler in T20.

 

Michael Vaughan on Cricbuzz was saying that in the finals, opposition will have to try something different and take on Indian bowlers, than go tuk tuk and then get out.

 

He has a point, batsmen are sitting lame ducks if they go defensive against our bowlers.

 

We are bowling so well at the moment, Kuldeep has hardly been needed. In many ways he will be that "mystery" bowler in the finals as he hasnt needed to bowl much.

 

Easier to say to take on the bowlers, Bumrah with his speed and accuracy and Shami with his seam movement are just too difficult to charge and take on. Siraj is who I would target.

Length needed to bowl in all the formats is different even accounting for varied conditions. Not all bowlers can adjust their lengths that well and at will.

Tbf personally I feel younger bowlers shouldn't play any or very little T20 cricket since even otherwise bad and erratic bowling can yet you rewards there and you don't learn how to set batsmen up or develop the stamina to bowl long and multiple spells.  Only when they don't manage to crack the longer formats can they look to add knuckle balls, cutters, yorkers, slower bouncers etc. 

Edited by rollingstoned
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...