U19 WC 2024 Discussion thread

rkt.india

India B lost badly to Bangladesh U19, which doesnt augur well for world cup preparations. I understand team management wants to give ample opportunities to all the selected players, however India B seems to not have the lower order batting that other teams have. Right after 6th wicket, they folded in a mere 20 runs. If India U19 have done well in the past, it's been due to strong bowling & having 4-5 all rounders. This time the team selection has been secretive, no match has been televised, hence very little is known or available in the public domain, to even comprehend who are the players, their strengths & weaknesses. Bangladesh had been beaten badly by Pakistan U19 who had been beaten by Sri Lanka U19.. I feel these are the two teams India will get a stiff competition from if they have to successful defend their title, they would have to get past these two asian teams.

48 minutes ago, nsareen said:

India B lost badly to Bangladesh U19, which doesnt augur well for world cup preparations. I understand team management wants to give ample opportunities to all the selected players, however India B seems to not have the lower order batting that other teams have. Right after 6th wicket, they folded in a mere 20 runs. If India U19 have done well in the past, it's been due to strong bowling & having 4-5 all rounders. This time the team selection has been secretive, no match has been televised, hence very little is known or available in the public domain, to even comprehend who are the players, their strengths & weaknesses. Bangladesh had been beaten badly by Pakistan U19 who had been beaten by Sri Lanka U19.. I feel these are the two teams India will get a stiff competition from if they have to successful defend their title, they would have to get past these two asian teams.

Yes I also dont understand why mstches are not being televised.

Surprising to see Arshin / Musheer both of them with huge performances in the previous tournaments, have not set the tournament alight, both of them have had flashes of performances but both are genuine allrounders.. Waiting for them to have strong performances to boost up their confidence. there are few other all rounders too, India will need many all rounders if they are to do well in the world cup..

Bowling in this series has been quite weak for India teams.. Apart from the 1st set of matches, in all the other matches the bowlers have gone for a leather hunt, unlike in previous editions, bowling this time seem to be not very strong. I am yet to see a bowler matching to previous edition standards of a 140+ bowler & spinners who are economical & can run through oppositions. Hopefully its just the conditions they are playing in and turn out to be better than what the scorecards suggest, however uptil now its definately a worrying area for the Junior team selection committee. 

India B lost again due to poor poor bowling.. Even after scoring 370+ & 315+ runs they could not defect these runs on both the occasions. that shows the bowling is seriously poor quality. The only game they won was chasing in the 1st game, all the rest of the 3 games they lost, they were defending, tells you something about the conditions & the quality of the bowling.

Edited by nsareen

India A being quite strong for the rest of the teams, comfortably positioned for the finals. Two matches to go for each of the teams, but seems India A is in the finals after such dominating performances. feel sad for India B though, they seem to have a couple of good batsmen but bowlers are a different story.

Edited by nsareen

If we go by the profiles of India B players, seem they only played one Seamer in Jayant Goyat. Rest all were spinners, very strange to see this. Poor Jayant got spanked in his last 2 overs, seems he doesnt have death bowling skills, but even then they did not have any other seamer to fall back too..