U19 WC 2024 Discussion thread

rkt.india

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

I am not talking about getting these players ready for international cricket,

I am talking playing developing thru the ranks and making progress so they can become international players in 3 to 4 years after their under 19s.

But many of these players are not making this progress, they are getting lost in between their under 19 and them becoming international players.

That is where system needs to be setup to guide these players both on and off the field. Which genius advised Unmukt chand that it was okay to write a book.

maybe his U19 coach at that time: you-know-who

Was listening to Jarrod Kimber and he reeled off a list of Aussie players which have starred at previous U-19 tournaments and almost none of them kicked on to have good cricketing careers.

Bottom line is that U-19 level is a v poor barometer of future success, for a combination of factors very few go on to make it at domestic never mind international level.

7 hours ago, The Realist said:

Was listening to Jarrod Kimber and he reeled off a list of Aussie players which have starred at previous U-19 tournaments and almost none of them kicked on to have good cricketing careers.

Bottom line is that U-19 level is a v poor barometer of future success, for a combination of factors very few go on to make it at domestic never mind international level.

Not that poor. there are plenty of notable names too

On 2/8/2024 at 10:37 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Nope Ian Bishop noticed & said Raza was hurrying batters for pace off the pitch. 

Ubaid was hyped as some pace demon but he looked slower &,  floaty compared to Aussie quicks.  Zeeshan was trundling 

Young Vidler also has same attributes like Raza. 

Ubaid is bowling around 90mph at the PSL. He is as quick as it gets at that age.

6 hours ago, the don said:

Ubaid is bowling around 90mph at the PSL. He is as quick as it gets at that age.

Don't trust PSL guns..  His top speed was 144kph but I saw Zeeshan Zameer post U19 WC bowling 148-149ks In PSL. 

From naked eye Ubaid is no way a 90mph quick.  At best 140k.. Which is decent at T20 cricket. 

6 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Don't trust PSL guns..  His top speed was 144kph but I saw Zeeshan Zameer post U19 WC bowling 148-149ks In PSL. 

From naked eye Ubaid is no way a 90mph quick.  At best 140k.. Which is decent at T20 cricket. 

I get your point butvNahi Zeeshan never clocked over 145 kph even in psl. 

These days there is a whole lot of gap between age group specially in t20s. Age group players lacks the power and conditioning what Intnl players have these days.

Plus for bowler coming from age group its hard, 1stly they are already under pressure and then any bad ball is guaranteed 6/4