U19 WC 2024 Discussion thread

rkt.india

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Naman Tiwari. He clocked 143kph at 17 years of age. He is a find of RR through Red Bull fast bowling talent hunt.

He is going for many runs in the final of the quadrangular series. Bowling for U19 can be only understood when we can have a look at them on TV. Last time also bowling looked mediocre until they bowled out opposition & strong ones too with a combined effort.

5 hours ago, nsareen said:

He is going for many runs in the final of the quadrangular series. Bowling for U19 can be only understood when we can have a look at them on TV. Last time also bowling looked mediocre until they bowled out opposition & strong ones too with a combined effort.

But by the look of it , seems the faster of the this young lot . Moves the ball both ways , Taller and gets bounce . Good tools to be good pacer. 

9 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

But by the look of it , seems the faster of the this young lot . Moves the ball both ways , Taller and gets bounce . Good tools to be good pacer. 

Probably, hard to say with a few videos.. But he did play in UP t20 league was part of Noida Team under Nitish Rana & he played quite a few matches. My impression was that he looked shorter in height like shivam mavi types.. Has decent pace, but he is not express by any means.

2 hours ago, nsareen said:

Probably, hard to say with a few videos.. But he did play in UP t20 league was part of Noida Team under Nitish Rana & he played quite a few matches. My impression was that he looked shorter in height like shivam mavi types.. Has decent pace, but he is not express by any means.

He's considered some talent in UP

True, not very tall below 6

6 hours ago, nsareen said:

Someone hitting 143 at 17 is fast.  Kartik bowled same pace at 19 and he is at least six foot, not short like Mavi.

49 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I would like him over Limbani for SA pitches.

Limbani himself is 6.2,6.3 i believe so good height for a quick bowler plus he can bat. He only played 1 match in the quadrangular which is the final, maybe the management knows something about him we dont..

54 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Someone hitting 143 at 17 is fast.  Kartik bowled same pace at 19 and he is at least six foot, not short like Mavi.

Even akash singh was hitting 143 during the U19 days, we know how he has regressed.. so we should not label these bowlers fast until we see more of them, have you ever seen his recorded speed, atleast i have not, then we dont know if 143 as claimed by his coach was a one off or what ? Comparing air speed, i would say Salaudeen last year looked quite quicker than him in the air..