Who cant wait for sir Pant to make a comeback?!

Chaos

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

If NCA has declared him fit- i still have doubts. They bungle up player's rehabilitation

True but that guy was sure Pant would never play again so him being declared fit for BOTH keeping and batting is good progress.

20 hours ago, Vijy said:

NCA passing him as fit means diddly squat as far as I am concerned. I will rest judgement until I see him bat and keep. that will give us a clear idea of where he stands compared to the pre-injury period

Has anyone said otherwise? People are just celebrating he is back after a major accident. His actual performance is of course yet to be seen and even if he takes more time to make a comeback that's ok. 

I don't see a single person saying he should walk back in the team of he has a poor IPL

2 hours ago, New guy said:

Has anyone said otherwise? People are just celebrating he is back after a major accident. His actual performance is of course yet to be seen and even if he takes more time to make a comeback that's ok. 

I don't see a single person saying he should walk back in the team of he has a poor IPL

I don't trust NCA, that's why I wrote this. So many people go to "rehab" in NCA and come out worse than they entered. This point has come up in several ICF threads, many of which arose and receded in the recent past

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Saw some clips. Effortless. He probably may not have the same trigger movement whatever. But i have confidence he will still have the same swagger.  Can't wait to see how he will react in real time situation.

swagger is all well and good, but can he keep and play his shots as before. remains to be seen - let's see how it goes.

On 3/14/2024 at 8:22 AM, Vijy said:

I don't trust NCA, that's why I wrote this. So many people go to "rehab" in NCA and come out worse than they entered. This point has come up in several ICF threads, many of which arose and receded in the recent past

Yes, I feel he is being rushed. He looks stiff while batting and haven't seen him running.

2 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

, I feel he is being rushed. He looks stiff while batting and haven't seen him running.

In the latest dc videos he is shown running quickly and normally and the shots look fine. Once he gets some baseline fitness it will take time playing some cricket for him to recover his rhythm. If they manage him well, the ipl may be a good format for that as the games are short and he can  play only a few as needed. There is no other cricket taking place anywhere else so it's as good a place as anywhere else for him to get some cricket under his belt. He also seems to have shed some excess weight and looks fitter than he has in the last year or two

Edited by lemsip
13 hours ago, lemsip said:

In the latest dc videos he is shown running quickly and normally and the shots look fine. Once he gets some baseline fitness it will take time playing some cricket for him to recover his rhythm. If they manage him well, the ipl may be a good format for that as the games are short and he can  play only a few as needed. There is no other cricket taking place anywhere else so it's as good a place as anywhere else for him to get some cricket under his belt. He also seems to have shed some excess weight and looks fitter than he has in the last year or two

This is great. If he does well I would be glad to see him bank in WC squad.  

On 3/14/2024 at 12:53 PM, Vijy said:

swagger is all well and good, but can he keep and play his shots as before. remains to be seen - let's see how it goes.

He can play as pure bat. 80% of peak pant still better than every player in the world.

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Mentally he is still the same Pant. His batting is all about mental.

no, his batting is about superb hand-eye coordination, flexible wrists, flexible body (that's how he can score shots with power while even falling over), nimble hands, etc. there are plenty of physical aspects to his batting