RANJI TROPHY |2023/24|

Suhaan

Was pretty impressed with Nitish Reddy with the ball yesterday, hit decent speeds of around 127-133, but more importantly he was bowling lots of wicket taking lengths. For a 20 year old All rounder that's not bad at all

Watching Avesh now bowling in lower 130s the speed guns seem pretty accurate

10 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Was pretty impressed with Nitish Reddy with the ball yesterday, hit decent speeds of around 127-133, but more importantly he was bowling lots of wicket taking lengths. For a 20 year old All rounder that's not bad at all

Watching Avesh now bowling in lower 130s the speed guns seem pretty accurate

127-133 is outright trundling. I hope that the speed guns are 5 kph slower, otherwise that sort of pace is not acceptable  even for Ind A level

Just now, Vijy said:

127-133 is outright trundling. I hope that the speed guns are 5 kph slower, otherwise that sort of pace is not acceptable  even for Ind A level

He is still so young though, he was hitting mostly 120s last IPL so there is some progress. I remember Hardik was mid to late 120s in his first season in IPL as well. 

If he becomes 135+ in limited overs cricket that's something we can work with

1 minute ago, Vickydev said:

He is still so young though, he was hitting mostly 120s last IPL so there is some progress. I remember Hardik was mid to late 120s in his first season in IPL as well. 

If he becomes 135+ in limited overs cricket that's something we can work with

20 is not that young. likes of tyagi, mavi, nagarkoti, akash singh, sushant mishra, etc. were hitting 140 or thereabouts in U19 days. @express bowling can probably verify this point.

if nitish is trundling mostly in sub-130s, he shouldn't play even for Ind A. If he bowls in low 130s, he may be considered for Ind A, but not Ind. If he can bowl 135+ consistently and also bat to an extent, then he may merit Ind selection

Just now, Vijy said:

20 is not that young. likes of tyagi, mavi, nagarkoti, akash singh, sushant mishra, etc. were hitting 140 or thereabouts in U19 days. @express bowling can probably verify this point.

if nitish is trundling mostly in sub-130s, he shouldn't play even for Ind A. If he bowls in low 130s, he may be considered for Ind A, but not Ind. If he can bowl 135+ consistently and also bat to an extent, then he may merit Ind selection

Yeah India or India A selection is a bit far off at this point. Would like to see if he carries this form into a few IPL games and hits around 130-135s consistently. For an all rounder that's not bad IMO, he is showing progress so that's something atleast

What impressed me was how he was looking for wickets with his lengths. We don't have a lot of seamer ARs around so I'd like to see him take his bowling seriously

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Tyagi, Nagarkoti and Mavi all hit mid 140s quite regularly in.their U19 days. 3 or 4 balls were bowled in the high 140s too.

7 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Yeah India or India A selection is a bit far off at this point. Would like to see if he carries this form into a few IPL games and hits around 130-135s consistently. For an all rounder that's not bad IMO, he is showing progress so that's something atleast

What impressed me was how he was looking for wickets with his lengths. We don't have a lot of seamer ARs around so I'd like to see him take his bowling seriously

yes, let's hope he ups his pace while keeping other good attributes

23 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Narayan Jagadeesan scoring a 200+ and a 300+. 

Should be brought in as the back up keeper in the NZ series in place of Bharat.

he is a weak team and/or flat track bully. ricky bhui or aryan juyal are better backups. even Sarf or KL can keep in case a one-off test keeper is needed.

52 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he is a weak team and/or flat track bully. ricky bhui or aryan juyal are better backups. even Sarf or KL can keep in case a one-off test keeper is needed.

Agree, these runs are against Chandigarh and Railways, nothing incredible

And Aryan Juyal is a fine prospect. Can open the innings too

14 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Agree, these runs are against Chandigarh and Railways, nothing incredible

And Aryan Juyal is a fine prospect. Can open the innings too

he is very versatile, and quite young.

I always liked Sandeep warrier. He has nice rhythmic action a bit like Ishant.  Repeatable action. Wish somehow he was given a run with Indian side.  Heck we even played guys like Gony. Definitely far better than guys like Mukesh Kumar. Purely with eye test they should have backed him in shorter formats. He just played one T20I. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I always liked Sandeep warrier. He has nice rhythmic action a bit like Ishant.  Repeatable action. Wish somehow he was given a run with Indian side.  Heck we even played guys like Gony. Definitely far better than guys like Mukesh Kumar. Purely with eye test they should have backed him in shorter formats. He just played one T20I. 

warrier is better than coomer even now.