Accuracy and Effectiveness of Medium Pacers

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Sandz said:

You have this the wrong way.

When the Indian team was filled with medium pace trundlers, it was utterly spinless, a jelly fish had more backbone. It only changed when 140+ bowlers like Bumrah, Shami, Ishant, Yadav and Siraj came on the scene and grew a backbone.

we won our last test series in England in 2007 with Zaheer and RP

Our aussie series win came on the back of Shardul Natarajan and siraj who is DEFNTLY NOT an express bowler.

So tell me how many series did these backbone win you ?? Nz?? Eng?? Sa?? Aus??? 

we all saw the crap they dished out in nz last time.

Even in 2003 we drew in Aus with ajit agarkar taking a 6fer

Are you really implying we should pick the 46 avgng umran malik, cant make it to local team tyagi and over hyped harshit rana instead of a , mukesh kumar?

Edited by Jaydev_Unadkat
9 minutes ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

Two 5-fers in hus debut series for Medium Pacer Amer Jamal. Destroying yet another myth that only express pacers can succeed in Australia

There is a difference.  Jamal has been consistently bowling at 136-138 kmph.  That's much higher than Mukesh who bowled at 130-132 throughout the 2nd test.    

1 minute ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

we won our last test series in England in 2007 with Zaheer and RP

Our aussie series win came on the back of Shardul Natarajan and siraj who is DEFNTLY NOT an express bowler.

So tell me how many series did these backbone win you ?? Nz?? Eng?? Sa?? Aus??? 

we all saw the crap they dished out in nz last time.

Even in 2003 we drew in Aus with ajit agarkar taking a 6fer

Having left arm seamer even if they are not express like Zak or RP is completely different.Other than Akram you don't find lot of express left arm bowlers

Akram too was medium pace for most part.

That 2007-08 bowling of Sreesanth, Ishant, Zak and RP singh was very very good bowling attack. Pity their captains never understood their importance of their development.

2 hours ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

Two 5-fers in hus debut series for Medium Pacer Amer Jamal. Destroying yet another myth that only express pacers can succeed in Australia

His batting too was impressive. Wish we had an AR like him.

On 1/5/2024 at 6:00 PM, Frustrated said:

There is a difference.  Jamal has been consistently bowling at 136-138 kmph.  That's much higher than Mukesh who bowled at 130-132 throughout the 2nd test.    

I am not a Mukesh fan boy. You dont have to bring him up all the time while replying to him. I respect all the medium pacers who toil hard 

On 1/5/2024 at 6:31 PM, putrevus said:

Having left arm seamer even if they are not express like Zak or RP is completely different.Other than Akram you don't find lot of express left arm bowlers

Akram too was medium pace for most part.

That 2007-08 bowling of Sreesanth, Ishant, Zak and RP singh was very very good bowling attack. Pity their captains never understood their importance of their development.

They were really good. And none of them were 150 kph phaaast bowlers.

15 hours ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

Very underrated bowling attack. We won 2 icc titles because of them. They were misused in tests 

Would easily be top 2/3 in LOI now. In tests top 3/4 depending on conditions 

Edited by harpicP
38 minutes ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

I would pick an attack of Mcgrath, Pollock, Anderson over Akhtar, Shaun Tait and Nanty Hayward any day. Infact I would pick Mcgrath and Pollock over literally anyone

Not a fan of Pollock but yea. 

I would pick mcgrath and Ambrose instead. Or donald. 

Modern times would pick Cummins and bumrah or rabada. 

Yea Anderson and pollock>>>>>>>> Hayward, Tait.

Akthar though was quality imo. 

Edited by harpicP
On 1/7/2024 at 9:25 AM, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

How many 150 Kph fast do we really have in our history? Forgeting all their weaknesses and lack of accuracy,how many 150 k bowlers do we really have?

I have seen lot of hype on here for bowlers who can touch 140 on occasions.

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

Mukesh 2 wickets 33 runs...another fine performance

Mukesh has done decently but I want him to be more tighter due to the pace he bowls and loads of doemstic experience he has..so I expect more from him

With T20Is..even medium pacer can do good but one needs to be very smart with his variations and very tight..