Will the NRIs now return to India? Since India is moving towards 'Akhand Bharat'.

MechEng

3 minutes ago, MechEng said:

I have to say except for @Mariyam, there is a serious dearth of sensible posters here.

I don't feel the need to respond to personal remarks here, whether I was running a prostitute business in the US or something else, but yes I can confirm now that India has gone down the drain.

We are not as braindead as Pakistan, but we'll get there :nice: jai shri ram!!

We will never become like Pakistan. They have been good teachers on how not to be.

8 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Let me put it this way, 100% of Indian population would have opted to move overseas around 2009-2011 period but not many will be willing now since India is growing in every sector. 

Aa gaye na line pe :winky: . Chalo koi nahin, bahaane toh bahut ban sakte hain...

2 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Aa gaye na line pe :winky: . Chalo koi nahin, bahaane toh bahut ban sakte hain...

This is not bahana but truth. The salary they offer now in India is much higher than what it was 10 years ago and almost at par with western world. This salary Boom only happened from 2015 onwards. So there is no motivation like before for people to leave family and move overseas as money is no longer a concern as it was. 

I did expect opposing viewpoints and do expect the same in a healthy environment.

But seeing the amount of triggered posts here confirms what Anurag Kashyap films show about a dystopian India (not that I like him much, I do respect him for his art).

15 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Bhai, We support MOdi for a reason. From age of birth till 22, I lived in India. Then emmigrated with a job to UK. From 22 -40, I was visiting India every year after year to meet family. There was no change, absolutely near zero infra. Only change i used to see was occasionally shops or houses getting face lift and usual encroachment on Roads, Light only for few hours and dirty streets and people doing toilet publically, villagers collecting sticks for cooking, Roads non existent.

But since 2014, every year, I have visited i have surprised by pace of infra devlopment, energy availabilty, improvement in living standards of villagers.

Just food for thought, I am sure @Austin 3:!6 can understand it much better. If people think its easy to devlop infra in modern times, compare  it with length and duration for HS2 projects.

PS: Calculation mistake in my age by 2014, fixed

Edited by mishra

Folks are trying to reason with someone suffering from sour grapes syndrome. He doesn't like what's happening in India. He doesn't like if folks say there is better money in India because he is not seeing those deals. He doesn't like if you celebrate for something he doesn't care for. He wants to see India in a certain way only  to justify whatever his story maybe to remain abroad.

He will come around. But no point reasoning with him at this point. 

55 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

This is not bahana but truth. The salary they offer now in India is much higher than what it was 10 years ago and almost at par with western world. This salary Boom only happened from 2015 onwards. So there is no motivation like before for people to leave family and move overseas as money is no longer a concern as it was. 

Why are trying to get his validation? 

Edited by coffee_rules

47 minutes ago, MechEng said:

I did expect opposing viewpoints and do expect the same in a healthy environment.

But seeing the amount of triggered posts here confirms what Anurag Kashyap films show about a dystopian India (not that I like him much, I do respect him for his art).

you started the abuse in the OP, calling NRIs lonely, devoid of any life. If you want decent responses , say it respectfully. Create a healthy environment to get a healthy discussion. 

Edited by coffee_rules
Removing slurs and abuse

Firstly let's stop with name calling, abuses etc........both sides.

@MechEng is a good poster, all of us have gone through such phases where we feel down or frustrated, unhappy about the state of our country or say some sports team, make pessimistic posts/threads etc. That's what forums are for, random musings. We all turn back at our old posts and laugh at them, sometimes feel ki we have overreacted or something. This too shall pass. 

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@MechEng is a good poster, all of us have gone through such phases where we feel down or frustrated, unhappy about the state of our country or say some sports team, make pessimistic posts/threads etc. That's what forums are for, random musings. We all turn back at our old posts and laugh at them, sometimes feel ki we have overreacted or something. This too shall pass. 

True but no point reasoning with him in this state of mind. Let him be. 

People in their 40s and 50s, even senior citizens are generally better judges of progress of our desh. We may not be perfect, not even close to fulfilling our potential but there is marked improvement in all facets the last few years. And it doesn't have to be this or that. Infrastructure development, construction of toilets, LPG cylinders for the downtrodden, home grown defence industry, space missions, success in Olympics, ease of doing business, high speed rail network, getting back to civilizational roots, national security, new colleges/hospitals, digital economy, unknown men doing their thing in enemy countries, abrogation of 370, all can go hand in hand.

From what I see, this government isn't prioritizing one over the other....they are facilitating development of our heritage sites but where need be they aren't shying away from demolishing illegally constructed temples which come in the way of expressway expansion. If a party offers me both, ramping up highway construction at a pace like 90s China and at the same time correcting historical wrongs, why should I feel dejected? 

Btw this Ram temple construction was from donations, not taxed money. And the tourism boost in Ayodhya will offset whatever additional expenditure govt. had to incur in a couple of weeks. 

11 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

True but no point reasoning with him in this state of mind. Let him be. 

Wild guess but I think he is preparing for UPSC and hence reading too many Hindu editorials, Frontline, EPW, Caravan, DownToEarth etc. Those rags can make anyone pessimistic....avoid them at all cost. 

16 minutes ago, Gollum said:

True thatI was like this when AAP won the Delhi elections for third time and then Shaheen/anti-CAA protests happened. . I didn't see any hope for certain states.  
Yes, he was decent and not as unreasonable as he is now. I have been there too,

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Not this cringe please. Sure Bollywood attracted some eyeballs among Africans, West Asians etc....but today look at KPop, KDrama, Korean cinema and how far ahead they are. Entertainment avenues se influence badhana hai toh even China, Japan fall behind South Korea. 

I meant Phir Bhi Dil hai hindustani sentiment :facepalm:

16 minutes ago, Gollum said:

People in their 40s and 50s, even senior citizens are generally better judges of progress of our desh. We may not be perfect, not even close to fulfilling our potential but there is marked improvement in all facets the last few years. And it doesn't have to be this or that. Infrastructure development, construction of toilets, LPG cylinders for the downtrodden, home grown defence industry, space missions, success in Olympics, ease of doing business, high speed rail network, getting back to civilizational roots, national security, new colleges/hospitals, digital economy, unknown men doing their thing in enemy countries, abrogation of 370, all can go hand in hand.

As one of those in 40s/50s who moved abroad in the 90s when there was little to no opportunity for life-scientists in India (unless you were the creme-de-la-creme), the parts I have boldfaced are the most important to me.  And it is extremely gratifying to see it all unfold.

Let's add one more key item to the list for the present and future:  innovation (not just manufacturing or derivative progress but innovation stemming from basic indigenous science R&D) in modern high-yield agriculture/value-added food production, and biotech pharma. Then India would be really cooking! And that means understanding that science knows no borders, so we must embrace and improve modern life-science technologies developed in the west over the past 30 years (and not eschew them in the name of nationalism).

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

28 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Btw this Ram temple construction was from donations, not taxed money. And the tourism boost in Ayodhya will offset whatever additional expenditure govt. had to incur in a couple of weeks. 

No comparison, Government spent around INR 100 crores. Donatons are worth INR 4200 crore. Expect 4 billion USD Forex on ROI by Divine tourism in next 5 years.  Ayodhya is going to change. Invest now

PS: Think Kohli donate 20 crore Dhoni 10 crore Sachin 3 crore. These are just 3 sports personalities donation thats over 20% of GoI investment

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

and do expect the same in a healthy environment.

Lmao...

Pai chaan, you literally called them "darpok saare ke saare", "himmat hain toh ao" etc etc. why on earth are you moaning now?  :giggle:

Be respectful and measured when you're trying to make a point next time and you'll get appropriate responses. 

12 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

As one of those in 40s/50s who moved abroad in the 90s when there was little to no opportunity for life-scientists in India (unless you were the creme-de-la-creme), the parts I have boldfaced are the most important to me.  And it is extremely gratifying to see it all unfold.

Let's add one more key item to the list for the present and future:  innovation (not just manufacturing or derivative progress but innovation stemming from basic indigenous science R&D) in modern high-yield agriculture/value-added food production, and biotech pharma. Then India would be really cooking! And that means understanding that science knows no borders, so we must embrace and improve modern life-science technologies developed in the west over the past 30 years (and not eschew them in the name of nationalism).

Yes, embrace the innovation of the west, but unlke UPA governments, who gave a free will to FDI to operate in India.  China and Japan invented the model of copying the western technology and innovating and building their own in house as well. We are still in the nascent stage of building our own innovation model. But the stress to Make in India is very much to safeguard the country's future interests and not end up as a debt-ridden nation like our neighbors.