Will the NRIs now return to India? Since India is moving towards 'Akhand Bharat'.

MechEng

7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes, embrace the innovation of the west, but unlke UPA governments, who gave a free will to FDI to operate in India.  China and Japan invented the model of copying the western technology and innovating and building their own in house as well. We are still in the nascent stage of building our own innovation model. But the stress to Make in India is very much to safeguard the country's future interests and not end up as a debt-ridden nation like our neighbors.

You can make in India using modern lab technologies and statistical tools already developed, regardless of where they were developed. And then you can get to a point where you are the one supplying them to others.

Innovations in ag and pharma must also be accompanied by objective, rigorous assessment using valid statistical tools to determine whether something truly works. Such innovation is best sponsored by government investment in the research sector followed by licensing of the technology to indigenous private entities for scale-up and distribution.

55 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

You can make in India using modern lab technologies and statistical tools already developed, regardless of where they were developed. And then you can get to a point where you are the one supplying them to others.

Innovations in ag and pharma must also be accompanied by objective, rigorous assessment using valid statistical tools to determine whether something truly works. Such innovation is best sponsored by government investment in the research sector followed by licensing of the technology to indigenous private entities for scale-up and distribution.

It is not as straightforward in other industries. This year India has built its own indigenous 4G LTE network, it has taken a monumental effort to integrate all software and hardware components. It’s for internal deployment only and not even to sell. 

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It is not as straightforward in other industries. This year India has built its own indigenous 4G LTE network, it has taken a monumental effort to integrate all software and hardware components. It’s for internal deployment only and not even to sell. 

I am probably over-simplifying it for the ag/pharma sectors as well. The efforts will have to be monumental and will have to be done with massive government investment in basic research and freedom for scientists to innovate (and fail before they succeed). 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Wild guess but I think he is preparing for UPSC and hence reading too many Hindu editorials, Frontline, EPW, Caravan, DownToEarth etc. Those rags can make anyone pessimistic....avoid them at all cost. 

Apni khud ki taarif jyada nahin karni but I am working as a procurement manager for a top shot fmcg company and I have lived in the US for 9 years. I am miles away from UPSC stuff (and I am glad for that)

You guys have no idea what crap you're all getting into. Ignore the NRI posters, most of them live in nice suburban houses enjoying the 'liberandu' democracies, while supporting brainwashing stuff that BJP throws, things are getting worse for the Indian middle class, who end up searching for greener pastures abroad. Hence I called out @Austin 3:!6's bluff who thinks that Indians want to work in India today. 

Watch Modi's speeches pre 2014 elections and watch now how he has dumbed down Indians today. Look at China who is stealthily building alliances with our neighbors and setting up a foundation for their world dominance, while we are stuck with Ram mandir bs 

Edited by MechEng

10 minutes ago, MechEng said:

At least when I was in the US, I wasn't deluded enough to think that India will become a superpower under Modi. 

No one is saying India has become a superpower. It is simply not possible for any government to make a country and that too with a population like India superpower in 10 years. However, would you disagree that India is at a much better shape economically than where it was 10 years ago?

That is the point I am making. No one is saying India has become a superpower under Modi.

30 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

No one is saying India has become a superpower. It is simply not possible for any government to make a country and that too with a population like India superpower in 10 years. However, would you disagree that India is at a much better shape economically than where it was 10 years ago?

That is the point I am making. No one is saying India has become a superpower under Modi.

Of course india is in better shape as economy is growing irrespective of political party.

______

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deccanherald.com/amp/story/business%2Funion-budget%2Funion-budget-2024-comparison-of-indian-economy-under-the-modi-and-manmohan-singh-govts-2844916

In the UPA years from 2004 to 2013, Indian economy saw a massive boom, growing at a rate of 7.74 per cent per year. In Modi's 10 years, the GDP has grown at 5.77 per cent per year. While the UPA era weathered a global financial crisis in 2008-09, the current government had to combat a once-in-a-century pandemic.

The numbers show that, on average, the UPA government was two percentage points better than the current dispensation in terms of real GDP growth.

___

India is much better in 2024 just like india was better in 2014 compared with 2004

52 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Of course india is in better shape as economy is growing irrespective of political party.

______

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deccanherald.com/amp/story/business%2Funion-budget%2Funion-budget-2024-comparison-of-indian-economy-under-the-modi-and-manmohan-singh-govts-2844916

In the UPA years from 2004 to 2013, Indian economy saw a massive boom, growing at a rate of 7.74 per cent per year. In Modi's 10 years, the GDP has grown at 5.77 per cent per year. While the UPA era weathered a global financial crisis in 2008-09, the current government had to combat a once-in-a-century pandemic.

The numbers show that, on average, the UPA government was two percentage points better than the current dispensation in terms of real GDP growth.

___

India is much better in 2024 just like india was better in 2014 compared with 2004

GDP growth is not the only metric. The socio-economic development was much improved in 14-24. The lower match dole class has largely benefitted by Modi schemes. Infrastructure, roads, railway , airports have had exponential growth, at the same time corruption and terrorism has reduced much. It is not that we were better off in 2014 than 2004. Did we achieve more than potential in the years, optics for NDA is much better.

https://theprint.in/opinion/whose-economic-performance-was-better-upa-or-nda-growth-rates-dont-tell-the-whole-story/1928162/?amp

India’s economic performance improved in 2014-2023

Before undertaking this analysis, a cautionary note. Both 2004-13 and 2014-23 experienced two global recessions. The first is the global financial crisis and the second is the Covid-19 pandemic. Many have compared these two events, but such a comparison is problematic on two counts. First, the 2020-21 pandemic caused a greater intensity of economic shock than the 2007-2008 global financial crisis. Second, economic outcomes during the pandemic across the world were determined by public health choices, like lockdowns. Therefore, for the purpose of evaluating economic performance across time, these two years need to be dropped.

However, the inclusion of these years does not change the key result: India’s improved performance in 2014-23 compared to 2004-13.

A simple comparison of growth rate shows a drop from 7.8 per cent in 2004-13 (Period I) to 6.9 per cent in 2014-23 (Period II). However, global growth during Period II was 4 per cent compared to 5.6 per cent earlier. As a result, India’s excess growth is 0.9 percentage points (pp) higher in 2014-23 relative to 2004-13 (2.9 pp vs 2.2 pp). Therefore, the conclusion of better economic performance due to higher growth during Period I ignores the conducive external environment that facilitated this.

It is important that commentators recognise that the changing external environment renders the comparison of simple growth rates incorrect for the purpose of comparing economic performance.

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

Apni khud ki taarif jyada nahin karni but I am working as a procurement manager for a top shot fmcg company and I have lived in the US for 9 years. I am miles away from UPSC stuff (and I am glad for that)

You guys have no idea what crap you're all getting into. Ignore the NRI posters, most of them live in nice suburban houses enjoying the 'liberandu' democracies, while supporting brainwashing stuff that BJP throws, things are getting worse for the Indian middle class, who end up searching for greener pastures abroad. Hence I called out @Austin 3:!6's bluff who thinks that Indians want to work in India today. 

Watch Modi's speeches pre 2014 elections and watch now how he has dumbed down Indians today. Look at China who is stealthily building alliances with our neighbors and setting up a foundation for their world dominance, while we are stuck with Ram mandir bs 

U call Ram Mandir a BS, and expect a civil debate from others. May be you need to read your comments again to understand why oeople have objections.

Some people think Lehman Bank collapse was a crisis too big to manage and can be compared to Covid period or multiple wars in various part of world in present era need to understand the difference. and hence MMS era achievement are massive, 
China was growing 2-3% higher than India throughout MMS period.

Been and seen both periods. Credit crunch only made people not being able to borrow for small period and prices readjusted to lower level, lin West, Current challenge is commodity, energy is unavailable while wars in progress while UK has declared that World has reached pre war phase. Ie prepare for global war , and all that under credit/earning crunch. Its so bad that Chinese growth has halved to that of previous decade.

6 hours ago, MechEng said:

It's because you are not living in India and have no clue what issues average junta faces everyday.

You are in phirang land and like most lonely NRIs, you are craving for an identity. Modiji and Ram Mandir gives you that catharsis.

A stupider follow-up post to the initial stupid post.

There is no connection between Ram mandir, living standards and job opportunities.

If you think a Hindu majority country should not build a Hindu temple at ONE OF THE holiest site in all of Hinduism, than you are an idiot. Plain and simple. :thumbsup: 

48 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

GDP growth is not the only metric. The socio-economic development was much improved in 14-24. The lower match dole class has largely benefitted by Modi schemes. Infrastructure, roads, railway , airports have had exponential growth, at the same time corruption and terrorism has reduced much. It is not that we were better off in 2014 than 2004. Did we achieve more than potential in the years, optics for NDA is much better.

https://theprint.in/opinion/whose-economic-performance-was-better-upa-or-nda-growth-rates-dont-tell-the-whole-story/1928162/?amp

India’s economic performance improved in 2014-2023

Before undertaking this analysis, a cautionary note. Both 2004-13 and 2014-23 experienced two global recessions. The first is the global financial crisis and the second is the Covid-19 pandemic. Many have compared these two events, but such a comparison is problematic on two counts. First, the 2020-21 pandemic caused a greater intensity of economic shock than the 2007-2008 global financial crisis. Second, economic outcomes during the pandemic across the world were determined by public health choices, like lockdowns. Therefore, for the purpose of evaluating economic performance across time, these two years need to be dropped.

However, the inclusion of these years does not change the key result: India’s improved performance in 2014-23 compared to 2004-13.

A simple comparison of growth rate shows a drop from 7.8 per cent in 2004-13 (Period I) to 6.9 per cent in 2014-23 (Period II). However, global growth during Period II was 4 per cent compared to 5.6 per cent earlier. As a result, India’s excess growth is 0.9 percentage points (pp) higher in 2014-23 relative to 2004-13 (2.9 pp vs 2.2 pp). Therefore, the conclusion of better economic performance due to higher growth during Period I ignores the conducive external environment that facilitated this.

It is important that commentators recognise that the changing external environment renders the comparison of simple growth rates incorrect for the purpose of comparing economic performance.

Both sides have their successes and failures but there is no way one can say nothing was done from 2004-14.

There was massive reduction in poverty plus around 8% gdp growth from 4-14

https://indianexpress.com/article/business/economy/indias-multidimensional-poverty-rate-down-to-11-28-in-2022-23-from-29-17-in-2013-14-9110918/

Edited by Singh bling

31 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Both sides have their successes and failures but there is no way one can say nothing was done from 2004-14.

There was massive reduction in poverty plus around 8% gdp growth from 4-14

https://indianexpress.com/article/business/economy/indias-multidimensional-poverty-rate-down-to-11-28-in-2022-23-from-29-17-in-2013-14-9110918/

I’d prefer Congress over AAP/TMC/JaDaU/SP/DMK rag tag any day. At least it was a national party

8 minutes ago, ungboysj said:

Hope these mfk8ng traitor never come back and keep getting bullied by whites and face extreme racism

colonisers are not traitors. Thats like saying its treasonous to go plant our flag on the moon. 

7 hours ago, MechEng said:

I did expect opposing viewpoints and do expect the same in a healthy environment.

But seeing the amount of triggered posts here confirms what Anurag Kashyap films show about a dystopian India (not that I like him much, I do respect him for his art).

I am a coloniser. Meaning, i am here in north america to spread my culture, plant roots & spread my ways while facilitating immigration of my people to the land to colonise it and create an Indosphere, same way as Anglosphere exists today. Except my sanskaar are better than euro savages, so no plague blankets, mass murder and eviction of the natives ( euro descendants) from their lands. 
I will return when i retire, so that i can bring my income from the land i colonised, back to motherland to spend, while leaving back my descendants to further the colonial cause.

1 hour ago, mishra said:

U call Ram Mandir a BS, and expect a civil debate from others. May be you need to read your comments again to understand why oeople have objections.

Some people think Lehman Bank collapse was a crisis too big to manage and can be compared to Covid period or multiple wars in various part of world in present era need to understand the difference. and hence MMS era achievement are massive, 
China was growing 2-3% higher than India throughout MMS period.

Been and seen both periods. Credit crunch only made people not being able to borrow for small period and prices readjusted to lower level, lin West, Current challenge is commodity, energy is unavailable while wars in progress while UK has declared that World has reached pre war phase. Ie prepare for global war , and all that under credit/earning crunch. Its so bad that Chinese growth has halved to that of previous decade.

He wants a civil debate, but despite @Austin 3:!6 explaining his case, he calls him not telling the truth about returning back . He can have all the objections to Modi all he wants, but to get personal about NRIs and having a personal grudge is unhealthy and unreasonable . Who is he to cast judgments on what we think about India. 

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

He wants a civil debate, but despite @Austin 3:!6 explaining his case, he calls him not telling the truth about returning back . He can have all the objections to Modi all he wants, but to get personal about NRIs and having a personal grudge is unhealthy and unreasonable . Who is he to cast judgments on what we think about India. 

This thread is similar to arguments by western elite, their media and brainwashed Indian mouthpieces like there is so much poverty in India andthey are spending money on moon mission or lets make a Park/ Hospital on disputed land. If someone has been on this forum for so long and still makes same argument, then naturally question mark will be raised about his capacity to think logically.

3 minutes ago, mishra said:

This thread is similar to arguments by western elite, their media and brainwashed Indian mouthpieces like there is so much poverty in India andthey are spending money on moon mission or lets make a Park/ Hospital on disputed land. If someone has been on this forum for so long and still makes same argument, then naturally question mark will be raised about his capacity to think logically.

Long back, a poster called amits used to dismiss all non_indian posters and their opinions as "IMPURE" Indians and only "pure" Indians are supposed to comment on India. He reminds me of that. 

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Long back, a poster called amits used to dismiss all non_indian posters and their opinions as "IMPURE" Indians and only "pure" Indians are supposed to comment on India. He reminds me of that. 

/amits mode

All you desh-living indians are impure,as you are doing nothing to colonise the world and make saffron the only colour of the world. At least we immigrants are boldly going where no Indian has gone before, planting our root, assimilating the locals with an efficiency that will make the Borg Queen jealous and are making the effort to expand India. 
So we are the real pure ones, serving motherland from outside.

/amits mode off.