Will the NRIs now return to India? Since India is moving towards 'Akhand Bharat'.

MechEng

Again another delusional thread.

But what can we say when majority of people are so brainwashed that they are filled with confirmation bias.

The biggest "foreign reserves" generator in India is not even exports but remittances sent from abroad - specifically from slave labor like conditions suffered by Indians in Saudi, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait etc.

The fact that you morons including Modi doesn't do a damn thing to improve their conditions or fight for it, shows everything we need to know how much these politicians even care. Look at the Qatar FIFA World Cup, not a single peep from you fools to protest against Indians with Indian citizenship suffering in poor conditions.

You remove remittances from only these people forget about people in the US etc. in cushy white collar jobs, the Indian Rupee will crash due to lack of foreign reserves. When Adani's own brother is a UAE resident because of saving taxes, not a single idiot on this board will question but somehow people looking to make a living for their family and taking a risk to go abroad are somehow inferior.

Yet, we have to hear about your patriotic nonsense about why NRI's are losers. It's so sad to see such level of brainwashing that will take decades to erase.

Makes sense when all the corporations own 100% of the media where they will feed you the same nonsense like that Infosys Murthy where working 80 hours per week for same salary is duty to the nation.

Edited by BlueBlood

As a nri i love visiting india a lot. Even though i was brought up there, its sad the sanitary ways of bathrooms still r pretty bad and while traveling by near food places n such r disgusting. 

I love park hyatts and taj 5 star hotels, taj even cant keep up with some unsanitary people. We need overwhelming teaching of keeping stuff clean. Same as ghetto gas station in usa.

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

As a nri i love visiting india a lot. Even though i was brought up there, its sad the sanitary ways of bathrooms still r pretty bad and while traveling by near food places n such r disgusting. 

I love park hyatts and taj 5 star hotels, taj even cant keep up with some unsanitary people. We need overwhelming teaching of keeping stuff clean. Same as ghetto gas station in usa.

Yep, the day-to-day professionalism and privacy isn't much there locally. Like hearing ppl fart, listening loud music publicly etc, makes many times transportation, restaurants difficult.

Yet, the same ppl going aboard, are respectful and tidy citizens. It just shows how deterrence, strong law & order is needed. Else, it just becomes the I don't care attitude...

2 hours ago, someone said:

Yep, the day-to-day professionalism and privacy isn't much there locally. Like hearing ppl fart, listening loud music publicly etc, makes many times transportation, restaurants difficult.

Yet, the same ppl going aboard, are respectful and tidy citizens. It just shows how deterrence, strong law & order is needed. Else, it just becomes the I don't care attitude...

Now you are sounding like an enlightened being looking beyond bhagwa tinted glasses.

On 1/25/2024 at 7:46 PM, MechEng said:

It's fairly obvious. Unless as a parent you are able to send your kid to an international school, all of them have to endure the brutal rat race. I have also mentioned in my previous post how the young have it hard here to find decent employment.

Besides, most cities are ugly, some tier 2 cities are OK like Indore, but there are hardly any decent jobs there.

At least you're not pretentious like NRIs here who yearn for India yet cannot imagine to leave their pretty homes in Midwest US or vintage brick homes of the UK.

It is what it is. India is far too complicated to be brushed with one hue. There is opportunity. There is struggle. There is dirt. There is filth. There is a rat race. There are people who have it all easy. There are contradictions everywhere. The taxation is crazy and unfair for most of us with no real returns.

At the end it’s home for a whole lot of us. Onus is on the residents to better its lot.

Actually the part I don’t agree with you on is tier 2 cities. They are definitely cleaner and people have better civic sense. Hyderabad, Coimbatore , Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Vadodara, Indore even a place as obscure as Raipur are really well laid out cities. These will be the drivers of growth in the coming decades.

As a reference, India is where the UK was in the mid 1700s. On the verge of a take off. UK rose coz of imperialism. India will because of a whole host of factors. Oliver Twist, the novel, essays very well how life in the UK was as it was developing. I believe that in my lifetime , I will see a huge jump in the quality of life of fellow Indians. 

11 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Actually the part I don’t agree with you on is tier 2 cities. They are definitely cleaner and people have better civic sense. Hyderabad, Coimbatore , Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Vadodara, Indore even a place as obscure as Raipur are really well laid out cities. These will be the drivers of growth in the coming decades.

I see what you did there to troll Hyderabadis.
They will be like: Kya ma, humare shehara ku  tier 2 boli kathe re  ye potti,  usku nakko malloom yha Metro bhi chalra  , jujubi mumbai mafik  nai

Edited by coffee_rules

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

As a reference, India is where the UK was in the mid 1700s. On the verge of a take off. UK rose coz of imperialism. India will because of a whole host of factors. Oliver Twist, the novel, essays very well how life in the UK was as it was developing. I believe that in my lifetime , I will see a huge jump in the quality of life of fellow Indians. 

The world is moving to AI and automation which means companies will not employ large number of  semi skilled. Few highly skilled wil get employment and rest will live on government schemes.

In earlier time humans had value but now only few are valuable  so there is no comparison with old time

On 1/29/2024 at 4:45 PM, BlueBlood said:

But what can we say when majority of people are so brainwashed that they are filled with confirmation bias.

The biggest "foreign reserves" generator in India is not even exports but remittances sent from abroad - specifically from slave labor like conditions suffered by Indians in Saudi, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait etc.

The fact that you morons including Modi doesn't do a damn thing to improve their conditions or fight for it, shows everything we need to know how much these politicians even care. Look at the Qatar FIFA World Cup, not a single peep from you fools to protest against Indians with Indian citizenship suffering in poor conditions.

You remove remittances from only these people forget about people in the US etc. in cushy white collar jobs, the Indian Rupee will crash due to lack of foreign reserves. When Adani's own brother is a UAE resident because of saving taxes, not a single idiot on this board will question but somehow people looking to make a living for their family and taking a risk to go abroad are somehow inferior.

Yet, we have to hear about your patriotic nonsense about why NRI's are losers. It's so sad to see such level of brainwashing that will take decades to erase.

Makes sense when all the corporations own 100% of the media where they will feed you the same nonsense like that Infosys Murthy where working 80 hours per week for same salary is duty to the nation.

Improve conditions ? The current foreign ministry has been the best in whole history of India. They respond to even twitter messages and rescued people who are stuck in bad situation in Middle East we didn’t even had a foreign ministry before. Why does it bother you if adani brother is in UAE ? Is it legal to stay in UAE and save on taxes wouldn’t you do that if given a chance. 80 hours working is slavery and quality is important than quantity. The same Narayana Murthy wife’s was abused by congress chamchas when she said about flight and carrying own food. 

Edited by gattaca

3 hours ago, gattaca said:

Improve conditions ? The current foreign ministry has been the best in whole history of India. They respond to even twitter messages and rescued people who are stuck in bad situation in Middle East we didn’t even had a foreign ministry before. Why does it bother you if adani brother is in UAE ? Is it legal to stay in UAE and save on taxes wouldn’t you do that if given a chance. 80 hours working is slavery and quality is important than quantity. The same Narayana Murthy wife’s was abused by congress chamchas when she said about flight and carrying own food. 

This is what brainwashing is all about.

On one end Modi and BJP gang wants all NRI's to be back to India as a patriotic move. You fools support him for it too (as that's why this thread was created).

Then suddenly when the biggest benefactor and buyer of Indian infrastructure's own partner and brother is not even paying taxes in India and living overseas - it's somehow "legal" and "who wouldn't do it".

The Indian foreign ministry is a joke. When Kerela had floods, UAE and Saudi's were ready to donate millions as they abused mostly people of Kerela who go there to work but Modi and his government said no to it as it would look inferior asking for help. Still lot of homes are in disarray and haven't been repaired.

This is what I mean when I say you lot are brainwashed to the level it will take decades to erase. You will only see things you want to see and ignore the rest even if you agree with my points.

12 hours ago, Mariyam said:

This is the issue I have and anyone with common sense has.

The reality is there has been zero economic upliftment as the numbers don't lie. GDP per capita worse than Bangladesh.

IF you are going to compare India to someone compare to China, Brazil and similar sized big population countries. They have far surpassed India even without the tech boom India had post 2000.

Vietnam, Mexico and even many Latin American and African nations have surpassed India on a per capita income basis. The only comparison you see by brainwashed people is vs. Pakistan which has it's own set of problems but at least they admit it instead of living in a delusional world where they think they are superior.

The truth is, India will always be a nation of License Raj regime where the Bajaj, Adani, Ambani, Tata and similar families who built vast assets will thrive for generations. Even on the small scale factories owned by same grandfathers or fathers are being enjoyed by next generation.

The only startup sector where anyone could succeed has been disastrous and has a major setback after the Byju's downfall.

If your destiny is dictated by your parents. Then India is not the country to ever stay back. US and elsewhere is way better.

And good joke on calling Hyderabad and Ahmedabad as tier 2 cities. If these are tier 2 cities I wonder what you will call a large portion of Bihar, UP etc. Tier 10? Hahaha. Hyderabad generates probably the highest tax revenue for central government after Mumbai and Bangalore.

Edited by BlueBlood

1 hour ago, BlueBlood said:

On one end Modi and BJP gang wants all NRI's to be back to India as a patriotic move. You fools support him for it too (as that's why this thread was created).

Then suddenly when the biggest benefactor and buyer of Indian infrastructure's own partner and brother is not even paying taxes in India and living overseas - it's somehow "legal" and "who wouldn't do it".

The Indian foreign ministry is a joke. When Kerela had floods, UAE and Saudi's were ready to donate millions as they abused mostly people of Kerela who go there to work but Modi and his government said no to it as it would look inferior asking for help. Still lot of homes are in disarray and haven't been repaired.

This is what I mean when I say you lot are brainwashed to the level it will take decades to erase. You will only see things you want to see and ignore the rest even if you agree with my points.

NRIs will go back if they want. No one can force them.

Again is it illegal for his brother to be in UAE ? He is a citizen of Cyprus from 1994. This happened much before what is the problem here.

Again you have to understand what this government is doing they want to self sustain. They don’t want funds from these countries because the funds come in as aid and go to madrassas which can provide funding to bad actors Kerala is known for one of worst brainwashing.

stop calling others idiots if you don’t have an argument. 

Edited by gattaca

On 1/30/2024 at 3:15 AM, BlueBlood said:

Agree with your post. But this is not an NRI bashing thread, rather NRIs with bhagwa tinted glasses for whom Mudiji is their imaginary leader while living in developed countries.

7 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

You keep attacking ad hominem on us being brainwashed. It seems like a ou are the one brainwashed and a andh Congressi. 

Nobody asked gulf countries to give aid to Kerala. It was the local Kerala politicians who wanted to embarrass the center at the expense of the country. If they failed to disburse funds and used portals like TheWire or theNaxalMinute to highlight the aid doesn’t make it a fact . The gulf organizations have violated FCRA and have funded against national interests for organizations like PFI, madrasasas that fester communal divisions.

EAM is praised by one and all for helping even foreign nationals from Yemen, Indians from Iraq, recently from Sudan , Ukraine strife that we have not ever heard in 70 years from Congress governments. Tha fact you picked on Kerala gulf issue shows your brainwashed extent. All you guys do here in this post is call NRIs losers and fools, but got no facts. Shows your hollow craniums. 

Just because one declares himself a foreign citizen doesn’t mean he can cheat on taxes. Even Vishvanathan Anand declared himself a resident on Spain in the 90s. Even so, you make money here, you have to pay taxes, sometimes more. I don’t run businesses, but have investments in India, I pay taxes to both governments when I make profit. 

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

Agree with your post. But this is not an NRI bashing thread, rather NRIs with bhagwa tinted glasses for whom Mudiji is their imaginary leader while living in developed countries.

Lmao..do you look at political leaders while deciding your immigration or movement. Political family se ho kya? 

if you are an NRI, modi is your leader, since NRIs are Indian citizens..... 

living in developed or underdeveloped countries is irrelevant. Bhagwa tinted glasses are better than your kind of western suckup liberal tinted glasses. 

Thats why we do better as bhagwaas than your gora liberals in the gora lands at literally everything.

8 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

This is the issue I have and anyone with common sense has.

The reality is there has been zero economic upliftment as the numbers don't lie. GDP per capita worse than Bangladesh.

IF you are going to compare India to someone compare to China, Brazil and similar sized big population countries. They have far surpassed India even without the tech boom India had post 2000.

Vietnam, Mexico and even many Latin American and African nations have surpassed India on a per capita income basis. The only comparison you see by brainwashed people is vs. Pakistan which has it's own set of problems but at least they admit it instead of living in a delusional world where they think they are superior.

The truth is, India will always be a nation of License Raj regime where the Bajaj, Adani, Ambani, Tata and similar families who built vast assets will thrive for generations. Even on the small scale factories owned by same grandfathers or fathers are being enjoyed by next generation.

The only startup sector where anyone could succeed has been disastrous and has a major setback after the Byju's downfall.

If your destiny is dictated by your parents. Then India is not the country to ever stay back. US and elsewhere is way better.

And good joke on calling Hyderabad and Ahmedabad as tier 2 cities. If these are tier 2 cities I wonder what you will call a large portion of Bihar, UP etc. Tier 10? Hahaha. Hyderabad generates probably the highest tax revenue for central government after Mumbai and Bangalore.

if numbers don't lie, why did you just lie ?

By numbers, Modi govt. has uplifted more people from poverty than the rest 67 years prior. How is that no economic development ? 

Modi did what congress couldn’t in 8 years. I remember reading news almost everyday to a blast in India and 26/11. Bjp did bring out lot of people out of poverty. Washington post and nytimes like to paint modi and bjp as hindutva nationalist leaders who hate Muslims. But they have provided benefits to all Indians irrespective of religion even though they might not get votes from Muslims. Congress was only in to appeasement and liked Muslims to stay poor so they are permanent vote bank. Ram mandir is dream come true for many Hindus at least proud ones. Before modi people couldn’t even imagine about Ram temple in Ayodhya. Now UP will be a tourist state. Integration of Kashmir with article 375 is something Congress could never do. No matter how much you hate they did great work. CAA is next which again should be done years ago. Congress slept on it for years all the people who came or still fleeing Pakistan are still not treated properly. NRIs still carry Indian passports and modi will be still our PM don’t know why is it hard for you to understand.