KS Bharat is the most cruel joke being played on Indian Cricket by Rohit-Dravid

35 minutes ago, putrevus said:

scoring 100 against a weak WI team does not make him better than Dhoni.

Never claimed he was better than Dhoni, just that he wasn't as bad as your claims. 

No he is not GOAT gloveman. He was adequate wk, nothing more.

GOAT glovesman, whether you like it or not

Shastri  and Kohli were idiots to have dropped Pant in India. Once Pant became WK , it should have been bye bye for this guy.If he was any good India would have won Adaleide test in canter in 2014.

What did others do in that innings, except Kohli and Vijay. 

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/cricket/ks-bharat-is-disappointing-us-rp-singh-warns-30-year-old-star-ahead-of-3rd-test-against-england-article-107539402.   RP Singh has heavily criticized the inclusion of Bharat.   RP Singh may not be a big name but is an ex-cricketer, nonetheless.   Might hv some influence on TM and Kaptaan's minds.   

Edited by Frustrated
8 hours ago, Frustrated said:

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/cricket/ks-bharat-is-disappointing-us-rp-singh-warns-30-year-old-star-ahead-of-3rd-test-against-england-article-107539402.   RP Singh has heavily criticized the inclusion of Bharat.   RP Singh may not be a big name but is an ex-cricketer, nonetheless.   Might hv some influence on TM and Kaptaan's minds.   

I think the most cruel joke being played on Indian Cricket will end in the Third Test, with Jurel being selected.

18 hours ago, Gollum said:

Never claimed he was better than Dhoni, just that he wasn't as bad as your claims. 

GOAT glovesman, whether you like it or not

What did others do in that innings, except Kohli and Vijay. 

I never said you claimed he was better than Dhoni. But Pant is better than Dhoni and when Pant was found, there was no need for Saha anymore.

But Shasti and Kohli kept Saha at the expense of Pant which was so stupid.

Saha was batting like cat of hot tin roof in that Adaleide innings going for shot every ball he faced, if I am not wrong he played just 9 or ten deliveries.WK is last line of defense and his primary job becomes supporting the main batsman at the other end.

Other failed does not become an excuse for him to bat like he did in that innings.Regarding him being GOAT wk he has the lowest dismissal/inn 1.33 compared to Pant who has 2.04 and Dhoni who has 1.77

Like I said Saha should have been stop gap keeper between Dhoni and Pant. He was nothing special in my view.

Edited by putrevus
14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I never said you claimed he was better than Dhoni. But Pant is better than Dhoni and when Pant was found, there was no need for Saha anymore.

But Shasti and Kohli kept Saha at the expense of Pant which was so stupid.

Pant is a different level. My comparison of Saha was with Bharat since many are picking him as pure glovesman. 

14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Other failed does not become an excuse for him to bat like he did in that innings.Regarding him being GOAT wk he has the lowest dismissal/inn 1.33 compared to Pant who has 2.04 and Dhoni who has 1.77

Wrong way to look at it,  you must see drops/stumping misses per game. I had a thread which kept record of these dropped chances in 2016-18 period, and over some 17 tests Saha missed 4 catches. Then Parthiv Patel dropped 5 or 6 catches in one test.

Anyway since you are talking about dismissals per innings let me throw more numbers LINK

Kamran Akmal 2.08

Alan Knott 1.54

Boucher 1.975

Healy 1.763

Rod Marsh 1.95

Dhoni 1.77

Dujjon 1.8

Prior 1.75

Wasim Bari 1.561

Kirmani 1.31

Dereck Murray 1.58

Jack Russell 1.71

P Jayawardane 1.53

Latif 1.8

Nayan Mongia 1.39

So Kamran Akmal is the GOAT glovesman of all time?

On 2/8/2024 at 2:10 PM, SRT100 said:

Cucks is a good name to describe these beta males.

One thing about Ganguly and Dhoni as leaders and captains of India, true Alpha males in their roles.

Alpha beta thing was proven wrong even in wolves, the species for which the term was coined. But we still have incels repeating Alpha beta term for as complex creatures as human beings. It's like people talking about the 5 humors of the human body when talking about modern science. 

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Pant is a different level. My comparison of Saha was with Bharat since many are picking him as pure glovesman. 

Wrong way to look at it,  you must see drops/stumping misses per game. I had a thread which kept record of these dropped chances in 2016-18 period, and over some 17 tests Saha missed 4 catches. Then Parthiv Patel dropped 5 or 6 catches in one test.

Anyway since you are talking about dismissals per innings let me throw more numbers LINK

Kamran Akmal 2.08

Alan Knott 1.54

Boucher 1.975

Healy 1.763

Rod Marsh 1.95

Dhoni 1.77

Dujjon 1.8

Prior 1.75

Wasim Bari 1.561

Kirmani 1.31

Dereck Murray 1.58

Jack Russell 1.71

P Jayawardane 1.53

Latif 1.8

Nayan Mongia 1.39

So Kamran Akmal is the GOAT glovesman of all time?

Bharat should not have been anywhere near any Indian team. He has played already three most important series. That shows how useless Dravid and Rohit  are as Coach and captain.

Kamran is anomaly but other keepers are closer reflection to their ability.Boucher and Marsh are regarded as great WKs.

If Saha was there over Bharat now, nobody would have any issues. But Saha was competing with two of the greatest WKs in Dhoni and Pant.As they say timing is everything. Saha was caught inbetween two great careers.

Saha was nice little keeper, we don't need those type of keepers.We need keepers like Pant.

19 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Good, now hope they give him all 3 Tests to prove his worth and not drop after one failure.

Most definitely, I wont judge him after a test or two, give him a good run.

Should end up being around 6 batting innings and 6 keeping innings to judge him fairly on his performance. Thats a good sample size.

On 2/14/2024 at 12:38 AM, singhvivek141 said:

Not in India I think...keeping to spinners is tough on Indian pitches.

If KL fails, this whole agenda of pushing him ahead as a keeper will get a big dent.

yes, and having bharatha will make other keepers look good too

Edited by Vijy