Will Indian team come out stronger and better in remaining matches of this series?

36 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Some guys were raving about Agarkar's selections.He has been awful as a selector .

Is agarkar the one making decisions lol? That explains the iyer selection. Kona Rahul are defo Rahul dravid quota. Atleast we discarded the buffoon prasidh. 

But despite Mumbai lobby, we still can't see ishan get backed at all. Ishan would be better than kona. Hope we pick dhruv jurel. He is a good basher.

30 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Everybody is brave, logical, 180 IQ sitting outside. The moment they take charge, we see no change...how is Agarkar an improvement over that duffer MSK?

They are just namesake Chief selectors,high profile positions are created for galleries

Calls are made by Kaptaan,PR people, Franchises and coaches

18 minutes ago, Number said:

I thought he got world cup selections spot on but since then he has been as clueless as MSK and Chetan.

Making this Mukesh 3 format star is his biggest blunder.

World cup squad selected themselves to be honest and his missed selecting a guy like Tilak Verma.What was Prasidh Krishna doiing in the squad.

His t20 selections are awful , so are his test selections.

These current batsmen have to step up big time for us to have any chance in this series.

Rohit,Gill,Iyer and a couple have been passengers/No-Show for a while now ,it's high time they step up their game because there's no one coming in to replace them as per our TM.

Make no mistake ,we were highly lucky to win the toss in Vizag ,I am damn sure we would have lost had England Batted first.

In Rajkot we might not be lucky enough with the toss ,so it's imperative that the batsmen perform. 

8 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

FC of 45, 30 years old. What was there to see? 

Why was he selected, before his selection everyone was saying Patidar this and that.

FC avg 45 was known,why was he selected over Sarfraz then?

Anyone can have bad match, you cannot hold one match against a player.It is not about Patidar.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

What happened to fast bowlers in this country if we need to go back to Umesh Yadav.

Where are the next gen fast bowlers.

Harshit, Mayank injured. Tyagi warming bench for seniors. Sen is struggling, Umran is playing on grounds where 3 out of 4 days are cancelled due to rain/fog, Hangargekar, Yudhvir, Gurnoor are AWOL. Akashdeep has done well for Lions, picked up back to back 4fers in A tests. Mohsin don't play Tests.

I guess I covered everyone, trundlers like Unadkut, Rajpoot, Kaul, Arjun are omnipresent.

13 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Harshit, Mayank injured. Tyagi warming bench for seniors. Sen is struggling, Umran is playing on grounds where 3 out of 4 days are cancelled due to rain/fog, Hangargekar, Yudhvir, Gurnoor are AWOL. Akashdeep has done well for Lions, picked up back to back 4fers in A tests. Mohsin don't play Tests.

I guess I covered everyone, trundlers like Unadkut, Rajpoot, Kaul, Arjun are omnipresent.

Who is ready to walk into test team and take the mantle. We don't need trundlers.

I don't think Tyagi can walk into the test team next week and bowl confidently?You disagree or agree.

If Tyagi is unable to displace a senior in Ranjis , can he do anything in Indian team.

28 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Who is ready to walk into test team and take the mantle. We don't need trundlers.

I don't think Tyagi can walk into the test team next week and bowl confidently?You disagree or agree.

If Tyagi is unable to displace a senior in Ranjis , can he do anything in Indian team.

Tyagi played one game...bowled 15 overs, gave 57 runs and 2 wickets. He could have bowled more but North India is definitely not ideal these days due to heavy fog, hence lot of time gets wasted.

From the names above, Akashdeep is the only one who is ready to come in. He is playing consistently for Bengal, is a fast medium bowler (132-138) can touch 140 but is definitely slower than Bumrah, though faster than Mukesh (129-135). Can bat a bit as well which is a good thing. 

I was actually surprised that Bengal (& Ganguly) for some reason always promote Mukesh Kumar, while Akashdeep is way better than Mukesh in domestics if you look at all 3 formats in totality.