Will Indian team come out stronger and better in remaining matches of this series?

34 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Tyagi played one game...bowled 15 overs, gave 57 runs and 2 wickets. He could have bowled more but North India is definitely not ideal these days due to heavy fog, hence lot of time gets wasted.

From the names above, Akashdeep is the only one who is ready to come in. He is playing consistently for Bengal, is a fast medium bowler (132-138) can touch 140 but is definitely slower than Bumrah, though faster than Mukesh (129-135). Can bat a bit as well which is a good thing. 

I was actually surprised that Bengal (& Ganguly) for some reason always promote Mukesh Kumar, while Akashdeep is way better than Mukesh in domestics if you look at all 3 formats in totality.

Honestly I rather have Umesh Yadav over either Akashdeep or Mukesh. If I had a say, I would take a punt on Umran. He will not be asked to bowl more than 10 overs in a day anyway. I would ask him to bowl flat out fast and forget everything else.His mistakes can be covered by three spinners.

Edited by putrevus
11 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Honestly I rather have Umesh Yadav over either Akashdeep or Mukesh. If I had a say, I would take a punt on Umran. He will not be asked to bowl more than 10 overs in a day anyway. I would ask him to bowl flat out fast and forget everything else.His mistakes can be covered by three spinners.

Realistically speaking, Umran is far from selection.

Selectors believe is stupid pecking order..and since Akashdeep was part of the team which went for Asian Games under Gaekwad and then to SA ODI leg as well...he is in that pool which our selectors will look for.

Umesh is getting lot of support these days for his Ranji Performances, and kudos to him for. But I personally don't want to go back to him or Ishant. Domestic tours are the best way to introduce new fast bowlers as they are bowling in the familiar conditions.

1 minute ago, singhvivek141 said:

Realistically speaking, Umran is far from selection.

Selectors believe is stupid pecking order..and since Akashdeep was part of the team which went for Asian Games under Gaekwad and then to SA ODI leg as well...he is in that pool which our selectors will look for.

Umesh is getting lot of support these days for his Ranji Performances, and kudos to him for. But I personally don't want to go back to him or Ishant. Domestic tours are the best way to introduce new fast bowlers as they are bowling in the familiar conditions.

That is what is wrong with this idiot Indian selectors. You don't need 28 year domestic medium pace bowler. I would take a 21 year old rookie fast bowler with great upside.

We need to go back to selections based on talent not on stats. Ishant, RP singth or Sreesanth  how many domestic matches they played before they played for India. One season for bright talent is more than enough.