The mediocre players have been flushed down

49 minutes ago, deepdynamo said:

KL is the current villain among fans but I still prefer him as a middle order candidate esp on a tough tour of Aus.

Atleast he has a solid technique and no harm having him among the pool of batsman. Miles better than Iyer and Patidar.

those 2 are the lowest bar

2 hours ago, Norman said:

The biggest positive for me though is Akashdeep passing the 'visual test' with flying colors. He looked international quality from the word go...now I know some will say that the wicket assisted him on the first morning, but just way he put the ball consistently in those areas and the way he was hitting the deck hard at good pace was a treat to watch.

Looked like a taller version of Shami. Now our pace bowling stocks look much better with Shami's possible return. Hope we unearth one more pacer in Tests before the Australian tour.

I think there must be a few more like him who is yet to be  unearthed because he doesn't have "stats". Selection should be a combination of stats and ability. If someone is likely to do well in overseas conditions he should be backed even if he doesn't have great record in India.

12 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I think there must be a few more like him who is yet to be  unearthed because he doesn't have "stats". Selection should be a combination of stats and ability. If someone is likely to do well in overseas conditions he should be backed even if he doesn't have great record in India.

there are a fair number. harshit rana for instance passes the eye test. good domestic record, but not many matches. can become an effective no. 9 or perhaps no. 8 too

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Especially for fast bowlers. Their window closes so quickly. I still think Siraj debuted 2 years too late.

7 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Except the stars.

the stars, like Andie, get to play until whenever. I seem to recall some interview where Andie said that he would play until 45+ to break Murali's record. And of course, Eng (and their press) are happy to accommodate him

10 minutes ago, Vijy said:

the stars, like Andie, get to play until whenever. I seem to recall some interview where Andie said that he would play until 45+ to break Murali's record. And of course, Eng (and their press) are happy to accommodate him

I hope he plays till 50. Love to see other teams suffer like that.

2 minutes ago, deepdynamo said:

Please tell the grand old man Sunny Bawaskar to hang his commentary shoes as well.

His humourless cliches are unbearable cringe.

all the ind commies barring 1-2 should be expunged

7 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Don't know how I forgot Patidar's name.  Maybe I never considered him an intl player in the first place.  Anyway, happy that he is flushed out quicker than he arrived at the intl arena.  LOL

But Patidar has not been flushed out. he is still here