Virat Kohli set to join RCB training camp on March 16th

1 hour ago, Number said:

May be I am a chauvinist or misogynist but being absent from work for 2 months for expecting wife is a bit too much. It shouldn't be something that we need to appreciate. Men are supposed to go out and work, pregnancy isn't a disease, househelps or other ladies at home are more than enough to take care.

I mean you can take a day or two around delivery of the baby and be done with it. But more than a months absence? That's unnecessary.

2 hours ago, Number said:

May be I am a chauvinist or misogynist but being absent from work for 2 months for expecting wife is a bit too much. It shouldn't be something that we need to appreciate. Men are supposed to go out and work, pregnancy isn't a disease, househelps or other ladies at home are more than enough to take care.

Its not about chauvinism, its just the convenience of it all. Its not like the baby is taking care of itself now, its still only a month. Why doesn't the husband of the year spend another 3 weeks with his wife? Anushka recovered just in time for the ipl camp huh.

He's not prioritising family over cricket.. which is somewhat understandable. He's prioritising family over international cricket. IPL comes before everything ofcourse. So to use the family man card is annoying, just say you prefer ipl

5 hours ago, Adamant said:

Do people shutoff their mind when discussing Kohli or is the iq just too low?

He didn’t participate in the test series because his wife was expecting, now she isn’t? So what is the issue here?

This guy has played 100+ tests for India, these same posters have no problem with that chapri Pandya who has already left test cricket for ipl.

On the other hand Kohli was once leaving IPL to participate in county cricket for surrey to prepare for tests against England.

Wife was not expecting for the entire 5 match series and no amount of name calling will make a lie the truth. You just resort to name calling when your beloved is called out every time. 

No one is questioning he did all that once but the hunger has died now. 

3 hours ago, Number said:

A wife's body takes months to recover and she needs all the help she can get. In today's age there are lots of nuclear family with no family support and maids are not same as parents.

So yes it's chauvinistic as it completely ignored the trauma and healing a woman's body goes through after birth, many women carry life long issues because they had to do more physical effort soon after a delivery or cesarean. 

Not to mention that bonding period of first 6 months with the baby is precious and no amount of career or money earned can ever replace that. 

11 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

Kumar is in demand and was pouched by Delhi Capital for 5.5Cr.

Year IPL Team Wages
2023  Delhi Capitals INR 5.50 Cr
2024 Delhi Capitals INR 5.50 Cr

I think teams pick such bowlers to make money by betting against themselves in 3 overs 60 runs type of run chases. 

3 hours ago, New guy said:

A wife's body takes months to recover and she needs all the help she can get. In today's age there are lots of nuclear family with no family support and maids are not same as parents.

So yes it's chauvinistic as it completely ignored the trauma and healing a woman's body goes through after birth, many women carry life long issues because they had to do more physical effort soon after a delivery or cesarean. 

Not to mention that bonding period of first 6 months with the baby is precious and no amount of career or money earned can ever replace that. 

IPL can replace that. 

5 hours ago, New guy said:

So you think a husband should be by her wife's side for 6 months after the delivery ? 

Kohli should have taken time off from the IPL as well. This hit-and-giggle tourney is not all that important.

It's going to leave lot of questions in its wake. For example, how committed is Kohli now to Tests in particular and intl's in general?

Of course, VK supporters will point to the past as a guide, and say this question is BS. However, what matters is not his attitude pre-covid, pre-marriage, and pre-kids, but his current attitude. And it is fine if that attitude has changed... if it has changed, then he does need to communicate it properly to selectors, so that they can move on from him.

23 hours ago, Adamant said:

Do people shutoff their mind when discussing Kohli or is the iq just too low?

He didn’t participate in the test series because his wife was expecting, now she isn’t? So what is the issue here?

This guy has played 100+ tests for India, these same posters have no problem with that chapri Pandya who has already left test cricket for ipl.

On the other hand Kohli was once leaving IPL to participate in county cricket for surrey to prepare for tests against England.

I fukin hate everyone who play just for money and doesn't prioritise national duties. Chapri can fukkk off. I hope someone injures him in IPL. Sala fraud haramkhor. Don't want him to wear Indian Jersey again 

On 3/12/2024 at 6:26 PM, Gollum said:

:hysterical:

On 3/12/2024 at 6:33 PM, Frustrated said:

Ridiculous.   Not surprising though.  Gutka despite being injurious to health is always in high demand.    Any idea about the other trash 'Bharat'?  

BC kitna bhi generative AI  coding, Solana Coding kar ke bhi itna paisa nahi banega, jitna ye gutkha wala ek season me kama liya.

3 hours ago, raki05 said:

Wah kaha they aap gyani baba!!!! Kripya ye pep talk meri company me aa ke de do, So that we all can enjoy 6 months break during oor next family planning.

Every company I have worked with, had have 6 months paternity for guys. For every male employee. But they all have been fortune 500.

Edited by New guy
23 hours ago, Number said:

I disagree. It is easy to have other women in the household 'take care ' of the needs, but only a partner can provide the support that is truly needed. 

Kohli could easily excuse himself on the pretext of playing for country, but he took the hard Decision of missing the games.

Shows his heart is in right place and he is not insecure.

Playing a game you love is anyday easier than running around at home/ hospital

10 hours ago, New guy said:

Every company I have worked with, had have 6 months paternity for guys. For every male employee. But they all have been fortune 500.

In India no company has 6 months paternity leave for guys. I have worked in fortune 100 companies as well.