Virat Kohli set to join RCB training camp on March 16th

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

In India no company has 6 months paternity leave for guys. I have worked in fortune 100 companies as well.

Are you talking about Indian companies? Google, Diageo, Novartis, IKEA, all have 6 months or more. There are more I am sure. 

Apart from above there are many more companies offering 12 to 16 weeks of paternuty

I work in one of the above today and it's pretty flexible as well, you can take anytime in a year or more, you can split the leaves, you can have few days off every week. Most dad's take it after 6 months so that they can take the leave after their wives maternity is over 

1 hour ago, New guy said:

Apart from above there are many more companies offering 12 to 16 weeks of paternuty

Even where this is accomodated, you need to plan it well in advance and the employer needs to have enough notice to put mitigation in place. 

Kohli just pulled out suddenly and with no notice a few days before the first test, disappeared for months and magically appears just as the IPL is starting. It is not the same situation as an employee taking paternity leave. It is a valid question to ask and he owes the BCCI a proper explanation even though there may be details he may not want to share with the public.

2 hours ago, New guy said:

Are you talking about Indian companies? Google, Diageo, Novartis, IKEA, all have 6 months or more. There are more I am sure. 

I work in one of the above today and it's pretty flexible as well, you can take anytime in a year or more, you can split the leaves, you can have few days off every week. Most dad's take it after 6 months so that they can take the leave after their wives maternity is over 

I am talking about fortune 100 companies operating from India. Like UHG, Wallmart, Bank OF america

Kohli's absence does not qualify as a paternity leave in the first place.    He simply made himself unavailable for indefinite period by citing "personal reason".    Even in a Fortune 500 company, an employee can't go on an indefinite leave by citing personal reason and then depending on his convenience,  request his employer to term it as 'paternity leave' once a baby is born.  (Unless he is the CEO) LOL.    

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

So no 3rd kid popping i guesss. Now he escaped greatest spin attack plus jimmy…he can come out of fatherhood. Watch for those immense fist pumps and mcs n bcs. I just hope he dsnt get injured by too much fist pumping for australia series 

Not against Pakistan during the WT20 ( if he plays)

On 3/14/2024 at 1:43 PM, raki05 said:

I am talking about fortune 100 companies operating from India. Like UHG, Wallmart, Bank OF america

The above all I named are operating from India and i have worked with them and am working currently in one of them. I didn't say all fortune 500 do, I said the ones I worked in do.

On 3/15/2024 at 5:54 AM, New guy said:

The above all I named are operating from India and i have worked with them and am working currently in one of them. I didn't say all fortune 500 do, I said the ones I worked in do.

indeed, there is quite a bit of heterogeneity in them