Very very happy to see Rishabh Pant back

Pant is so frustrating in t20 because unlike some other batsmen who struggle because they are limited, Pant has all the shots in the book, he is a 360 player, but someone doesnt click in international, even today he struggled and was slow initially.

1 minute ago, New guy said:

Pant is so frustrating in t20 because unlike some other batsmen who struggle because they are limited, Pant has all the shots in the book, he is a 360 player, but someone doesnt click in international, even today he struggled and was slow initially.

Maybe because of overtrying initially. Should look to time the ball initially and then change gears

11 minutes ago, Lord said:

Maybe because of overtrying initially. Should look to time the ball initially and then change gears

Yes, this is why many people still back him in T20, you shouldnt write off such talent

But he does need some balls to settle, it will never happen when we have stat padders in top 3 in our international team, he will not get enough balls to settle

26 minutes ago, New guy said:

I firmly believe he is just a case of mismanagement in T20Is. He is among top 3-4 highest s/r Indian batsmen in the IPL history. For a proven performer like him you need to have defined role and settled place, he is always treated as a floater and always kicked out on 1-2 failures.

Both Kohli and Rohit have never shown any respect towards his talent and tried to ruin him in all formats but it's just sheer talent that he made place for himself in Tests and ODIs. 

Edited by Number

3 minutes ago, Number said:

I firmly believe he is just a case of mismanagement in T20Is. He is among top 3-4 highest s/r Indian batsmen in the IPL history. For a proven performer like him you need to have defined role and settled place, he is always treated as a floater and always kicked out on 1-2 failures.

Both Kohli and Rohit have never shown any respect towards his talent and tried to ruin him in all formats but it's just sheer talent that he made place for himself in Tests and ODIs. 

A kaptaan like Ganguly would have done wonders to him ,even Dhoni was good promoting potential

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

A kaptaan like Ganguly would have done wonders to him ,even Dhoni was good promoting potential

Dhoni destroyed Pant lmao

10 minutes ago, Number said:

I firmly believe if we had not been 36 all out, his career would have been over, Saha was preferred over him and after that series, he would have been quietly dropped from all formats. Even Shastri was against him and publicly targeted him in after match interviews. He is a confidence player and would have gone the Shaw way if not for the 36 all out and Kohli leaving forcing India to being him in. 

Edited by New guy

7 minutes ago, Lord said:

Dhoni destroyed Pant lmao

Lol,i knew it was coming

It was a general statement, naturally him being a keeper who had the potential to overshadow Dhoni ,

Dhoni obviously had his insecurities,assume had he been a pure batter,I don't think Dhoni would have denied a guy with a calibur of his

Edited by Suhaan

he took his time, and then got going. if he plays in T20Is, he should play in top 3 only. not the best fit for MO in T20s.

I would try him as opener even in ODIs.

keep him in MO in tests.

14 minutes ago, New guy said:

I firmly believe if we had not been 36 all out, his career would have been over, Saha was preferred over him and after that series, he would have been quietly dropped from all formats. Even Shastri was against him and publicly targeted him in after match interviews. He is a confidence player and would have gone the Shaw way if not for the 36 all out and Kohli leaving forcing India to being him in. 

True. This shameless Shastri was taking credit for BGT win in BCCI awards, rambling about how Rishabh got us home in Gabba, conveniently forgetting how under his nose Kohli kept pushing the same guy out and he was supporting Kohli in that.

Edited by Number

Best batsman is back. Best test batsman in the world. Making t20 look easy. 

That's why I always said back him in all formats. Just don't drop him. Kohli and rohit both got so many chances. We never won any icc title. So it's ok if new players get chances too

10 hours ago, Kron said:

Best batsman is back. Best test batsman in the world. Making t20 look easy. 

That's why I always said back him in all formats. Just don't drop him. Kohli and rohit both got so many chances. We never won any icc title. So it's ok if new players get chances too

with ~350-400 ODIs+T20s (as Ro & Ko have racked up), I am sure that some of the new crowd have the potential to win us some titles: likes of Jaiswal, Pant, Jurel, Gill, Rinku (?), Sudharshan (?), Shaw (??), Sarfaraz (??) among the batters.

8 hours ago, rish said:

Pant isnt a T20 player.He takes time to settle down and has a limited range of strokes.

That was not true when he started in IPL and had those record years. Also if you notice he tries hitting from ball 1, so it's not like he is tuking on purpose unlike certain other players, he is just not succeeding as he is over trying.

Also the limited range of shots claim is hilarious, have you ever watched him play? He is a 360 degree player who can hit to any part of the ground.