Will this World T20 be a humiliation for India just like 2021?

24 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Who comes up with such bogus scheduling. Hurting our own team in the process.

Mr. Jay Shah is even dumber than Mr. Bean (I wanted to take someone else's name but that will be too politicial).

This long IPL will hurt us next year in the WTC final as well. But expect no changes in scheduling

This impact sub nonsense in the IPL is going to prevent India from developing any all rounders needed to win world cups. Why would bowlers need to workon six hitting or batsman work part time bowling when they can just get a impact sub? Such a stupid idea. That and some of the bowling attacks and batting line ups in IPL are terrible compared to top international teams, its hard to judge talent based on it.

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

While I agree with your sentiment but bowlers have to come to party for India to win world cup.When was last time India had great bowling performance from their star bowlers other than Shami in both 2019 and 2023 world cups.

How long will Bumrah and co keep getting pass for their stinkers.

If Batting has to score 400 in 50 overs and 220 in 20 overs for India to win knock out matches then why do we need guys like Bumrah.

i agree. zaheer khan had 4 maidens in world cup final

bumrah????

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

It won't hurt. Losing world T20 with seniors hurt even more. Seeing the same losers cup after cup after cup. They just blame each other and move on to screwing next world cup. INdia needs to start with a clean slate. 

The washing machine is stuck on a rinse & repeat cycle.  SAME F OLD every tournament. But hey at least saving money on having to buy a trophy cabinet...

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

If they pick a side after defining roles they will get somehwere close to winning. If they pick a side with no role definition like they have been doing for a decade they will end up getting their ass handed to them.It is bonkers not to be able to come up with a versatile side in this format

They do have very defined roles...

Batters who can only bat preferably stat pad.

Bowlers who can only bowl and bleed runs at death.

Only a few who can field.

8 hours ago, putrevus said:

While I agree with your sentiment but bowlers have to come to party for India to win world cup.When was last time India had great bowling performance from their star bowlers other than Shami in both 2019 and 2023 world cups.

How long will Bumrah and co keep getting pass for their stinkers.

If Batting has to score 400 in 50 overs and 220 in 20 overs for India to win knock out matches then why do we need guys like Bumrah.

100% Agree, to win the WC we need contribution from everyone, and not just few individuals.

Role based selections should be looked after.

If a batter averages 40 at the top with SR of 140, and a MO batter averages 30 with SR of 155...go with the latter If you don't have a place in top order. A top order batsman with good stats shouldn't be play in MO If they're not equipped with those skills. Vice versa for MO batter as well.

Yuvi and Dhoni messed up the 2014 WC, even that oaf Rahane opened and scored 3(8). 

Apart from the final we were so good that edition. That was RSA's best chance as well but we played at an unreal level in the SF. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Yuvi and Dhoni messed up the 2014 WC, even that oaf Rahane opened and scored 3(8). 

Apart from the final we were so good that edition. That was RSA's best chance as well but we played at an unreal level in the SF. 

That and 2023 World Cup are the real missed opportunities

We were not good enough in the other ICC comps. 

59 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

That and 2023 World Cup are the real missed opportunities

We were not good enough in the other ICC comps. 

2021 WTC F too. We were overall much better than NZ in tests. But NZ were more battle hardened (2 tests vs hosts Eng just before the final), had favourable conditions and also won the toss. 

Still we could have atleast drawn that match on the last day had the trimurti batted carefully.

Zero expectations for me really. May not even watch the group game barring the one against Pakistan. 

If they do manage to surprise me in the knockouts (if they make it there) and win the whole thing, I'll be over the moon but if they lose again I won't give a single flying fukkk. 

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

no.we have good core batting group.good allrounders and 3 good bowlers.we can make the semis and with luck good win it all but obviously Aussies huge favorites to win it unbeaten.

Oz really aren't a good t20 side. Last time was a fluke. That's why they only ever won one t20 wc. 

Odi is their game. Even tests in A. Series outside home conditions they are nothing special. 

13 minutes ago, Kron said:

Oz really aren't a good t20 side. Last time was a fluke. That's why they only ever won one t20 wc. 

Odi is their game. Even tests in A. Series outside home conditions they are nothing special. 

As said many times to win world cups you need some luck.Can you imagine Jadeja and Ashwin bowling last overs that too in England in finals.India looks like used all their luck in 2007 and 2013

Dhoni's idiotic captaincy costed India atleast one world t20 title. He had Suresh Raina who could launch from ball one but he sends Yuvraj who stunk against SA in semifinals again plus he comes into bat ahead of Raina in finals.

Raina never got to bat in 2014 finals.He was the batsman who was needed to take pressure off Kohli in finals.

Edited by putrevus
20 minutes ago, putrevus said:

As said many times to win world cups you need some luck.Can you imagine Jadeja and Ashwin bowling last overs that too in England in finals.India looks like used all their luck in 2007 and 2013

Dhoni's idiotic captaincy costed India atleast one world t20 title. He had Suresh Raina who could launch from ball one but he sends Yuvraj who stunk against SA in semifinals again and the he comes into bat ahead of Raina in finals.

Raina never got to bat in 2014 finals.He was the batsman who was needed to take pressure off Kohli in finals.

Yuvi was a great LOI player but he just had cancer. I think they kind of forced themselves to give him a chance due to his big name factor and just out of respect. Sucks cause we could have won that game if we made right selections but it is what it is.

3 minutes ago, Kron said:

Yuvi was a great LOI player but he just had cancer. I think they kind of forced themselves to give him a chance due to his big name factor and just out of respect. Sucks cause we could have won that game if we made right selections but it is what it is.

Yuvi was not issue there, Dhoni and his idiotic captaincy was the issue. Seeing how Raina and Yuvi batted in semifinals, it was no brainer to send Raina ahead of Yuvi and himself.But this is same captain who sent Jadeja ahead of Yuvi and Yousuf Pathan in 2009 world t20 too.

7 minutes ago, Kron said:

Srilanka bowled wide yorkers well .  Last 4.3 overs were disaster for us

Yuvraj 5(16)

Dhoni 4(7)

Kohli 8(10)

Nobody  had answer against such a strategy. Even Kohli who looked until that point was unable handle that wide yorker strategy.