Visited any new place ? Share your trip report.

Number

5 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Ha Long Bay can be done as a day trip from Hanoi.

Ha Long Bay can go one of both ways - Either, you will be amazed by the limestone cliffs rising out of the water. Or left underwhelmed, if you go by carefully curated pictures seen on social media.

I recommend you do a day trip to Ninh Binh/Tam Coc instead.

There isn't much to see/do in Dalat apart from some waterfalls. Dalat is slightly cooler in weather, that's why the French built their resorts there.

Ho Chi Minh - Cu Chi Tunnels + Mekong Delta cruise + Pham Ngu Lao

Hue - The abandoned waterpark

Da Nang - Hai Van Pass to Hue + marble mountains (underground caves) + day trip to Hoi An

Hoi An - See the lanterns at night.

Thanks

I have also planned for BaNa hills, any feedback on how is it.

3 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Thanks

I have also planned for BaNa hills, any feedback on how is it.

Ba Na hills is the amusement park in Da Nang where that bridge with the hands sculpture is.

Ba Na hills is expensive for what it is. And expensive by Vietnamese standards.

I gave Ba Na hills a miss, there were other things that offerer better value for money.

But than again, I went to Da Nang by myself. Family + kids, Ba Na hills is probably a good day activity.

3 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Is 2 weeks enough for Vietnam or 3 weeks with Cambodia works?

2 - 2.5 weeks for Vietnam.

I haven't been to Cambodia. I'd say 3 weeks with Cambodia probably works.

I wouldn't do any more than 3 weeks for Vietnam + Cambodia. After a while, it all feels the same.

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Did you make that  sea trip to Antarctica like were planning ?

We paid the deposit but didn't go through with the actual trip. The dates didn't work for the wife. And we felt she couldn't get the visas for the South American countries in time.

I considered applying for 6 - 12 month stints at the Australian Antarctic stations in Casey and Mawson. House deposit, savings, long time away from family etc - they all played a part in me backing away.

I feel it's one of those things you either do in your early 20s. Or in your 50s. When you don't have as many life responsibilities.

Edited by EnterTheVoid

4 hours ago, mishra said:

1436246120dhoni-10.jpg

Golden retriever. Hopefully one day it will look similar to above

GRs are tough as they age. In my research, they need constant attention, and have separation anxiety like toddlers. Fun as much as well. Good luck, puppies are heaven as you will see! 

On 4/4/2024 at 8:43 PM, singhvivek141 said:

I will be going in June 2024.

Ho chi Minh, Hue, DaNang & Hoi An are in itinerary. North Vietnam wanted to cover specially Halong Bay cruise but leaves will be a problem.

Wanted to go Dalat as well, but couldn't find flights on skyscanner. Plus road travel will be tough due to small kids.

June would be peak rain season in South Vietnam.

Perhaps the Mekong cruise may not be an option for you.

On 4/5/2024 at 4:00 PM, LordPrabhzy said:

feel free to leave it with me :P

Yes, we don’t want to leave him in a kennel. It will be generally friends once he is trained enough.

On 4/5/2024 at 7:45 PM, coffee_rules said:

GRs are tough as they age. In my research, they need constant attention, and have separation anxiety like toddlers. Fun as much as well. Good luck, puppies are heaven as you will see! 

Heard some stories. One patient of my wife was telling that his GR brought down whole partition wall in about 6 hrs while they were away leaving him alone which he didn’t like.

@EnterTheVoid How did the wife agree?

What was your breakfast.

In 2022 , we were in Greece and were passing the Corinth canal. It had a bungee jumping thing in the canal where in two people could take the plunge ( pun intended) together. the Mr was being all Sam Bahadur and was suggesting that we try.

I was like: Pre nup mein iska koi zikr nahi hai

25 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@EnterTheVoid How did the wife agree?

What was your breakfast.

In 2022 , we were in Greece and were passing the Corinth canal. It had a bungee jumping thing in the canal where in two people could take the plunge ( pun intended) together. the Mr was being all Sam Bahadur and was suggesting that we try.

I was like: Pre nup mein iska koi zikr nahi hai

Did you? 

On 4/6/2024 at 12:30 AM, Mariyam said:

June would be peak rain season in South Vietnam.

Perhaps the Mekong cruise may not be an option for you.

I went to Vietnam in June 2 years back. We were lucky that rain didn't have much impact.

Going with trend and planning Azerbaijan trip in June this year.