Jump to content

And the purple cap holder is.....


vvvslaxman

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

 

Kohli's stats in playoffs drop drastically, and there's a huge sample size - around 12 matches. @vvslaxman had made a post of all his knocks in knockouts comparing him to Raina, and Kohli essentially becomes the second coming of Mandeep Singh in Playoffs

I think amongst younger gen only Gill has strong stats in playoffs...474 runs in 10 inns with an avg above 50...though not sure about his SR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, singhvivek141 said:

I think amongst younger gen only Gill has strong stats in playoffs...474 runs in 10 inns with an avg above 50...though not sure about his SR.

 

The current team is full of chokers. Nobody has ever performed remotely close to how they perform in bi-laterals or league matches. Essentially, if Jaiswal goes early, we're screwed as we know what Rohit, Kohli and other stalwarts are gonna do in knockouts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

 

Kohli's stats in playoffs drop drastically, and there's a huge sample size - around 12 matches. @vvslaxman had made a post of all his knocks in knockouts comparing him to Raina, and Kohli essentially becomes the second coming of Mandeep Singh in Playoffs

The main complaint is not any of them is multiD player,they are just plain batsmen

Cannot compensate with other facets if they fail in one,infact in high pressure situations they start fumbling on the field

Abhishek failed with the bat yet he compensated it with his bowling doesn't matter how the conditions aided spin,but you have to have that desire to compensate/perform in the first place

They are entitled lot,don't care once their chance is over

Just fake facial aggression won't win you KOs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

The main complaint is not any of them is multiD player,they are just plain batsmen

Cannot compensate with other facets if they fail in one,infact in high pressure situations they start fumbling on the field

Abhishek failed with the bat yet he compensated it with his bowling doesn't matter how the conditions aided spin,but you have to have that desire to compensate/perform in the first place

They are entitled lot,don't care once their chance is over

Just fake facial aggression won't win you KOs

 

The problem is that you can't fail everytime in your primary discipline. If you've batted around 14 times in playoffs and average in mid 20s at a SR of 120 odd with not even a single match-winning innings, that's a clear indicator you can't perform under pressure. I mean failing once, twice, thrice or four times is one thing. But continuously fail across 14 matches is a huge sample size and shows you shouldn't be picked for knockouts.

 

I'm shocked nobody has brought it up. They keep on ramming useless stats about average and SR against a certain bowler, but conveniently leave out such a big stat, i.e., performance in playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Suhaan said:

The main complaint is not any of them is multiD player,they are just plain batsmen

Cannot compensate with other facets if they fail in one,infact in high pressure situations they start fumbling on the field

Abhishek failed with the bat yet he compensated it with his bowling doesn't matter how the conditions aided spin,but you have to have that desire to compensate/perform in the first place

They are entitled lot,don't care once their chance is over

Just fake facial aggression won't win you KOs

Pampered children of BCCI, nothing else.

Whole BCCI's behavior took a 180 degree turn once selectors tried to remove MS post 0-8 drubbing.

 

Now selectors & coaches are nothing but mere puppets & the decision making is captain. No wonder why we keep on getting mediocre yes-men as coaches & selectors, who are coward enough to step in and overturn their decisioning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2024 at 5:33 AM, singhvivek141 said:

Pampered children of BCCI, nothing else.

Whole BCCI's behavior took a 180 degree turn once selectors tried to remove MS post 0-8 drubbing.

 

Now selectors & coaches are nothing but mere puppets & the decision making is captain. No wonder why we keep on getting mediocre yes-men as coaches & selectors, who are coward enough to step in and overturn their decisioning.

it's all about grooming and maintaining superstars in positions of power.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...