Jump to content

FOOD


Chaos

Recommended Posts

@Lone Wolf when i went to Singapore…their food stands are pretty cheap for all kinds of food including indian (**** ton of desis there). Lot of people go to this area as it opened basically till 3am! Literally 150+ stands u can also get nasty chinese food like insects n scorpians lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yeah this diet is worse... My friend who had studied long time in Gujarat had terrible experience with their food.

I wasn't aware they eat Bhujia for Lunch and Dinner lol..

 

I always have a whole bowl of curd when eating veg food.  Absolute must when you try vegan stuff compensates for Protein and calcium.

Buttermilk sometimes with breakfast helps too.


dad had to go vegan cuz of health reasons few yrs back but he eats tons of curd and also drinks buttermilk thru out the day…he even over loads my house with it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:


what area are marwaris from? Also to be fair … lower middle class people cant even afford to pay for the meat and living expenses… especially in cities. Sad. Also what curry is that in pic?

Marwaris are mostly found in Rajasthan and Gujju land and maybe to some extent in Central India... Their diet is eerily similar to most Gujaratis.. 

Don't know about the curry here.

 

Man inflation has skyrocketed and tax slabs are killing middle class.

Most of country relies on BPL cards for free/cheap food... Forget about having meat as Part of staple diet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:


dad had to go vegan cuz of health reasons few yrs back but he eats tons of curd and also drinks buttermilk thru out the day…he even over loads my house with it 

My Grandpa was a hardcore vegan...  My uncle once fed him chicken on doctor's advice he stopped talking to him forever.

Eating meat was made taboo by Indian society... Fortunately NFHS data Indicates steady increase in Non vegans.

Eating meat is directly linked to Per capita income and HDI.. but that's not improving anytime soon.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

My Grandpa was a hardcore vegan...  My uncle once fed him chicken on doctor's advice he stopped talking to him forever.

Eating meat was made taboo by Indian society... Fortunately NFHS data Indicates steady increase in Non vegans.

Eating meat is directly linked to Per capita income and HDI.. but that's not improving anytime soon.

 


lol my dad n i used to kill meat like crazy…he used to eat more than me. Like chicken kabobs, shrimp and tandoori chicken. Lol crazy ur grandpa stopped talking to ur uncle:cantstop:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Marwaris are mostly found in Rajasthan and Gujju land and maybe to some extent in Central India... Their diet is eerily similar to most Gujaratis.. 

Don't know about the curry here.

 

Man inflation has skyrocketed and tax slabs are killing middle class.

Most of country relies on BPL cards for free/cheap food... Forget about having meat as Part of staple diet.


lol inflation is even crazy in usa…one pound of fat free chicken is like 8-10$ per pound…so costco has better deal in bulk. But yea its crazy. What is BPL?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Lone Wolf bawarchi and paradise used to be famous in hyderabad…they sell their chicken biryani for 250-350 i think when i went last year. Thats decent price no? 


park hyatts is 2000 rupees. But gm gave me personal chef to cook my good he loaded that biryani with mostly meat. First they only put three pieces for 2000… lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Chaos said:

@Lone Wolf bawarchi and paradise used to be famous in hyderabad…they sell their chicken biryani for 250-350 i think when i went last year. Thats decent price no? 


park hyatts is 2000 rupees. But gm gave me personal chef to cook my good he loaded that biryani with mostly meat. First they only put three pieces for 2000… lmao

Was talking about Raw Chicken but yes...

When you are earning $23000 in Shanghai and need to spend 0.5$ to buy one of this and you live in NY earning $80000 and one of that egg pork dish will cost you $10.... China for W. Every country should love their citizens like China and take pride in making their ppl wealthy.

I guess poverty alleviation stories were real after all.

And Chengdu is the place where they manufacture fighter jets lol... So not a tier 4-5 garbage city either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Was talking about Raw Chicken but yes...

When you are earning $23000 in Shanghai and need to spend 0.5$ to buy one of this and you live in NY earning $80000 and one of that egg pork dish will cost you $10.... China for W. Every country should love their citizens like China and take pride in making their ppl wealthy.

I guess poverty alleviation stories were real after all.

And Chengdu is the place where they manufacture fighter jets lol... So not a tier 4-5 garbage city either.


bro eff the chings, they gave me covid 4 times. Serious one too…uhg life was aweful. But why chicken so cheap in india and almost 4-5times more expensive for a KG…which is 2.2 pounds. Hmmm i guess they feed them better food before slicing them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Was talking about Raw Chicken but yes...

When you are earning $23000 in Shanghai and need to spend 0.5$ to buy one of this and you live in NY earning $80000 and one of that egg pork dish will cost you $10.... China for W. Every country should love their citizens like China and take pride in making their ppl wealthy.

I guess poverty alleviation stories were real after all.

And Chengdu is the place where they manufacture fighter jets lol... So not a tier 4-5 garbage city either.


yoooo veggie @Laaloo is here (gujju)…maybe he can shed us some light why gujjus eat what they eat?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

@Chaos... Chengdu China.   Looks like Chinese have mastered the art of cheap nutritious food Production.

Here in India we got almost 90% protein deficient population :facepalm:

At 40 Rs in India you get 6gm Protein with bread Anda bhurji lmao

 

Of all Chinese cuisines - schezwan, hunan, Cantonese, etc., Chengdu is the best , most spiciest of all. They liberally use red and green chillies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, coffee_rules said:

Of all Chinese cuisines - schezwan, hunan, Cantonese, etc., Chengdu is the best , most spiciest of all. They liberally use red and green chillies. 


what u know about chinese cuisine :cantstop:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Tik-loda! Beef is not available openly in India. Only in Gerala and in TN/old city Hyd-Delhi in the night.


u r the tikkalodu! Its available seen it myself in a restaurant in jublee hills and at marriot in gacci bowli. Beef burger! On their menu!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:


u r the tikkalodu! Its available seen it myself in a restaurant in jublee hills and at marriot in gacci bowli. Beef burger! On their menu!


here…marriot executive in gaccibowli hyderabad, mazzoo restaurant on roof top. Ate it and it was disgusting

 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

My Grandpa was a hardcore vegan...  My uncle once fed him chicken on doctor's advice he stopped talking to him forever.

Eating meat was made taboo by Indian society... Fortunately NFHS data Indicates steady increase in Non vegans.

Eating meat is directly linked to Per capita income and HDI.. but that's not improving anytime soon.

 

There is no vegan in India. Vegan is an elite western concept. It is vegetarian in India with diary and pulses. Soy is very expensive for vegetarians to quit diary. But a lot of poor get by eating veg and diary . Don’t generalize . They eat roots like Arbi, suran, potato, suvarnagadde (kar) 


 

In India it is a caste thing more than  religious  about eating meat. There are castes who abhor eating meat. Your grandpa must be of such a ritual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Chaos said:


u r the tikkalodu! Its available seen it myself in a restaurant in jublee hills and at marriot in gacci bowli. Beef burger! On their menu!

It is buffalo meat in general . Cow beef is very difficult in India. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...