Jump to content

You can't have 4 out of 11 players from worst performing IPL team


Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Are you kidding , it took more than decade for Dhoni to score a t20 50. That guy was the bane on Indian cricket, if it were any other captain, India was winning either 2014 or 2016  world t20 titles.

 

Dhoni is not lower order batsman. top order batsman get out early, it has happened many times in past also. That does not mean it should be a loss.

 

 

 

 

 

In T20 he was never good as it doesn't suit his style of taking time to settle down.   He was not a good T20 batsman. Should have retired long back from T20. But selectors selected him. So he must be good right lol mSD in T20 at no.4 strikes at 153 at a healthy avge. Kohli had enough chances to win tournament. Couldn't even win an IPL MSD lingering as a player longer won't make Kohli a better captain. In the end overs Kohli himself scored 9 runs in last 10 balls. Yuvraj was main culprit. They executed wide yorekers well against Kohli and MSD. But yuvi had no such excuse. He faced other type of bowlers still failed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

In T20 he was never good as it doesn't suit his style of taking time to settle down.   He was not a good T20 batsman. Should have retired long back from T20. But selectors selected him. So he must be good right lol mSD in T20 at no.4 strikes at 153 at a healthy avge. Kohli had enough chances to win tournament. Couldn't even win an IPL MSD lingering as a player longer won't make Kohli a better captain. In the end overs Kohli himself scored 9 runs in last 10 balls. Yuvraj was main culprit. They executed wide yorekers well against Kohli and MSD. But yuvi had no such excuse. He faced other type of bowlers still failed.

 

He faced chucker Senanayake turning the ball away from him. Dhoni and Kohli had no such excuse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, putrevus said:

But he was carried by the team for more than decade past his use by date.Sharma is just following footsteps of his first Kaptaan.

 

Why not try following footsteps in winning first? Can't be selective in that. Win one ICC trophy and I won't mind him staying. Dhoni won 3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lord said:

 

He faced chucker Senanayake turning the ball away from him. Dhoni and Kohli had no such excuse

But wide yorkers were near unreachable. Even set Kohli had no answer. Yuvi was done by 2014. I remember yuvi smashing chuckmal for three straight sixes in a row. But Raina should have come in. Wasted resource. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

But wide yorkers were near unreachable. Even set Kohli had no answer. Yuvi was done by 2014. I remember yuvi smashing chuckmal for three straight sixes in a row. But Raina should have come in. Wasted resource. 

 

You can easily make yorkers in full tosses by paddling etc. Issue is these guys don't play such shots. 

 

Yuvi won us the Aus game in that tourney itself. Even Dhoni came above Raina lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Lord said:

 

You can easily make yorkers in full tosses by paddling etc. Issue is these guys don't play such shots. 

 

Yuvi won us the Aus game in that tourney itself. Even Dhoni came above Raina lol

Even now entire CSK until was flummoxed by wide yorkers by DC. Back then it was not that easy that too against slings. Strategically we were outwitted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Even now entire CSK until was flummoxed by wide yorkers by DC. Back then it was not that easy that too against slings. Strategically we were outwitted.

 

It never worked against guys like AB, SKY even DK lol. Reason they move around in the crease 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lord said:

 

It never worked against guys like AB, SKY even DK lol. Reason they move around in the crease 

Even now MSD gets restricted there. But couple of times he hit off side six. Unconventional  players take it on. But MSD and VK are rather conventional. Sri Lankas were strategically a good side under Mahela., Sanga 

Edited by vvvslaxman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2024 at 2:05 AM, vvvslaxman said:

But wide yorkers were near unreachable. Even set Kohli had no answer. Yuvi was done by 2014. I remember yuvi smashing chuckmal for three straight sixes in a row. But Raina should have come in. Wasted resource. 

Kohli never has the answer. Complete failure in like 15 ko games inclusive of all tournaments. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Rohit Sharma
Runs: 257, SR: 156.70, Impact rating: 45.81

 

 

In tough batting conditions, Rohit Sharma remained committed to his mantra of all-out aggression, and it paid him and India rich dividends in the end. His 92 against Australia was the third-highest score of the tournament and the second highest in terms of batting rating points in an innings - after Sherfane Rutherford's unbeaten 68 against New Zealand - while his 57 against England was vital in helping India post an above-par total in the semi-final.

 

 

 

Suryakumar Yadav
Runs: 199, SR: 135.37, Impact rating: 29.28

 

 

After a slow start, Suryakumar Yadav blossomed with key contributions in four of his last six innings. His unbeaten against 50 eased a nervy run-chase against USA, while a 28-ball 53 against Afghanistan took India to 181 from a wobbly 90 for 4. Against England in the semi-final, he put the innings back on track along with Rohit after two early wickets. Even in difficult batting conditions, Suryakumar summoned his usual flair in playing all around the wicket. He was the only non-opener to post four 30-plus scores in the tournament.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Hardik Pandya
Runs: 144, SR: 151.57, Wkts: 11, ER: 7.64, Impact rating: 55.58

 

 

It was a terrific redemption story for Hardik after a tough IPL. He made several vital contributions in difficult situations, showing intent and dynamism with the bat, and a cool head with the ball. His knocks of 50*, 27* and 23 against Bangladesh, Australia and England showcased his death-over power-hitting, while in the final he turned it on with his bowling, dismissing Klaasen and David Miller, and bowling a clinical final over. According to ESPNcricinfo's Smart Stats, he was the MVP of the final with a points tally of 104.88.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Jasprit Bumrah
Wkts: 15, ER: 4.17, Impact rating: 49.8

 

 

The stand-out bowler of the tournament, Bumrah was the go-to bowler for Rohit whenever India were in trouble, and he always delivered. He bowled unplayable deliveries with the new ball, came back to break partnerships in the middle overs, and bowled yorkers and slower cutters with unerring accuracy in the death overs. Despite batters trying to see off his overs, he still picked up 15 wickets. They were split evenly across the three phases, at stunning economy rates - 4.07 in the powerplays, 4.75 in the middle overs, and 3.78 at the death. It is hard to think of a more complete bowling display in any World Cup.

 

 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/rohit-sharma-and-five-other-indians-headline-espncricinfo-team-of-the-t20-world-cup-1441666

 

MI's 4 players being in ESPNCricinfo's team of the tournament.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...