Hooch tragedy in TN -53 dead

coffee_rules

I pretty much stopped creating threads here in ICF. People here dont seem to be interested in politics except trolling.

I had a few topics like nutrition @Real McCoy @coffee_rules were arguing about the other, millets, J Sai Deepak, illicit liquor. Kinda seems pointless since there is no engagement for my first thread on NEET scam.

@Singh bling single-handedly kept the NEET thread active. Thanks for that.

I have created a same thread(illicit liquor) in another political forum and discussing the same.

This issue has been a hot topic in TN for about 3-4 days now. So I am discussing it with Tamils in a different forum.

It seems like @coffee_rules NRI uncle just got the news from North Indian media and talking about it:laugh:

Edited by Vicks57

4 hours ago, putrevus said:

RIP. So sad that we are still having to dealing with these issues in 2024.

Kamal Hassan should be ashamed, what an idiot he is blaming the victims. What are police doing when these illegal shops were selling the boze.

Shame on BJP turning this into politcal mudslinging. All these political bastards like Nirmala Sitharaman care about themselves instead of helping the victims.

What did Nirmala Sitharaman do?

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Why do think I am not praying for some relief to the victims?  I am just refuting what you stated about politicians.

Maybe because of the OP where you said nothing about the victims but were busy in point scoring?

5 minutes ago, Lord said:

Maybe because of the OP where you said nothing about the victims but were busy in point scoring?

Can’t fault me to cover all opinions in the OP. Can I?  The first post I saw on X was of Kamalhassan’s on this topic. Politicians in TN defend anything, interested in how they will spin thin. 

as usual dmk media trying to spin the story ..

minister saying that one guy who got admitted for poisioning recoverd and went back and drank again is lolworthy bs 

but people died because of hooch is surprising to me .. thought these are all outdated things in tn 

when tasmac sells quality stuff for affrodable price , who will go and attack these locally made arrack

District collector tried to downplay the first couple of deaths saying it is not due illicit liquor. Obviously collector downplay due to higher pressure. After that, people in kallakurichi went on to consume illicit liquor since as per collector death was not due to it. **** hit the fan. 50+ died. A lot of them lost eyesight which happens because of methanol. 150+ are in hospital. So death count is being fudged or it will increase in future. Out of those 150+, a lot would have already lost eyesight by now. Now there is no way out for them. So had to admit the liquor had methanol.

These people(consumers) are poor, do blue collar work and need alcohol to forget their pain (alcoholics). TASMAC wine is too costly for them. So they turn to illicit liquor which was available through home delivery and cost only 20 rupees.

Illicit liquor has been distilled in kallakurichi hills for about 40 years. Now, they do door delivery of illicit liquor. Each packet costs only about 15-20 rupees. 

Ministers involved in illicit liquor are usually DMK, ADMK and PMK. This particular incident has DMK involved in it. DMK and ADMK are like brothers. Ministers usually jump ship between the two with no consequences. 

Police got mamool(bribe) for their day to day operations. Ministers run the whole thing using people who have been brewing this stuff for generations.

Obviously this is a law and order breakdown. That's why CM has transferred Collector and DSP. But Stalin will feel the heat in the state elections. EPS is doing a great job highlighting everything in the media. 

The only way to get out of this mess is to legalize Palm Wine. Kerala runs govt toddy shops. Palm wine only contains like 4-6 Percent alcohol and it was consumed in TN, Kerala for like hundreds of years. Palm wine is cheap. But govt will never legalize Palm wine because it is cheap and their TASMAC revenue will decrease. DMK and ADMK will never legalize Palm wine.

Only NTK has historically backed Palm Wine legalisation. They have been demanding it for like 7-8 yrs I think. BJP and INC usually don't care what happens in TN. But recently Annamalai has joined the NTK on palm wine legalisation. Not sure how confident he is on his stand/policy.

Special kudos to C Nallakannu :hatsoff: who has been battling for toddy legalisation through Tamilnadu Toddy Movement.

Edited by Vicks57

On 6/24/2024 at 3:43 AM, Chaos said:

Effers do this now. Experienced first hand…jagan reddy hiked duties on foriegn brands by double and made it almost impossible to get when i visited a night in guntur… so had to get local vodka (which he owns thru proxies) … same price as what i get kettle one in hyd for 2800rs. I threw up moment i secretly took a drink from bottle when mom was not lookin at me in the car and i had to tell the car driver to stop and threw up for good 30 mins on side of the road. Driver was shaking in pants cuz i thought i would kill him for taking me to that liquor store. 

its bootlegged cheap liquor sold at premier price. Long story short…make sure you buy liquor at quality place, sealed and branded name. Tonique is my fav in hyd and it has every single brand!

Was the liquor store licensed? 

3 hours ago, velu said:

as usual dmk media trying to spin the story ..

minister saying that one guy who got admitted for poisioning recoverd and went back and drank again is lolworthy bs 

but people died because of hooch is surprising to me .. thought these are all outdated things in tn 

when tasmac sells quality stuff for affrodable price , who will go and attack these locally made arrack

Agree with the post except the bolded part :phehe: tasmac may sell safe stuff that won't kill the consumer immediately but quality? unless you think exshaw is a quality drink :facepalm:

14 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Media in TN is practically owned by DMK hardly are covering this tragedy. National media is North India centric hardly cover South news. So, no debates on this issue

Lol no. Tamil media has been covering and debating this issue for like 3-4 days before national media even reported the issue.

We have had 1 hour debate shows in pretty much all major tamil news network channels for like 4 days straight.

Granted, there is going to bias towards DMK in Sun TV and some other channels. But this is discussed non stop in polimer news, news 18 tamil, sun news etc..

Edited by Vicks57

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

@Vicks57 bhai whats happenjng…am

i missing the fun? Catch me up and we can name n shame.

spacer.png

Nothing much.

People who need to shamed:

1. M. K. STALIN

2. Kallakurichi District Collector

3. Kallakurichi SP

4. TN Police DGP.

Edited by Vicks57

4 minutes ago, Vicks57 said:

Nothing much.

People who need to shamed:

1. M. K. STALIN

2. Kallakurichi District Collector

3. Kallakurichi SP

4. TN Police DGP.

what happened to that damodhar previous ap dgp? His daughter used to hit on me crazy from 2015-2020… geez she was a stalker. He is christian married to nepalese. Hos last name is sawang

Edited by Chaos

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

what happened to that damodhar previous ap dgp? His daughter used to hit on me crazy from 2015-2020… geez she was a stalker. He is christian married to nepalese. Hos last name is sawang

He is involved in APPSC exam scam.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/tdp-demands-resignation-of-gautam-sawang-over-appsc-exam-scam/article67965335.ece/amp/

Scam was 150 crores.:no:. How do you know his daughter? She a student in US?

Just now, Vicks57 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/tdp-demands-resignation-of-gautam-sawang-over-appsc-exam-scam/article67965335.ece/amp/

lol we partied literally every day from 2015-2019. She works for meta, daddy got her a big position in austin

1 minute ago, Vicks57 said:

she stalked me first year where i gave her a wrong name:cantstop:

Just now, Chaos said:

lol we partied literally every day from 2015-2019. She works for meta, daddy got her a big position in austin

Must be smart. How the * does DGP have connections in Austin, Texas?

You should have tapped that you know what. Your chance at generational wealth ( just kidding) :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Vicks57 said:

Must be smart. How the * does DGP have connections in Austin, Texas?

You should have tapped that you know what. Your chance at generational wealth ( just kidding) :facepalm:

i could have i was depressed leaving my persian gf who was plastic surgeon in 2015…she looked ugly then…in 2018 she got boobs and everything done…she got better. She was a partier n does everything. But i messaged her few weeks back saying…daddy ran away after  to austin? She blocked me and i think she got married to a white guy few weeks back in usa. I gave her a big eff u for few years when i met her since then she was after partying and with white boys…. She wantded to “fit in” soo bad that she changed her entire body. Anyway her dad is a big scam mom told me…as her family and dads damily also in politics.