Jump to content

Appreciate Arshdeep in this thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Lord said:

 

Ofcourse

 

 


so you mean to say I shouldn’t criticize if his bowling is mediocre on occasions?

 

Dont be dumb and argue for the sake of arguing mate. Most people on ICF starts drooling when a bowler hits 140+, I made a measured assessment because I rated his temperament and the fact he had skills to complement lack of express pace. Ab kya bolun tujhe?  I am 100% sure you might have made snarky remarks when I rated Arshdeep too.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Gollum said:

 

@maniac, this guy @Lord knows and remembers sabka posting history, he is like a supercomputer in this area. Isse panga mat lo. 

He just picks  the other side for some snarky comments. He is milder version of RKT but has a good sense of humor lol. :love: him though. Fellow ICF comrade I know for over a decade now.

Link to comment
Just now, maniac said:


so you mean to say I shouldn’t criticize if his bowling is mediocre on occasions?

 

Dont be dumb and argue for the sake of arguing mate. Most people on ICF starts drooling when a bowler hits 140+, I made a measured assessment because I rated his temperament and the fact he had skills to complement lack of express pace. Ab kya bolun tujhe?  I am 100% sure you might have made snarky remarks when I rated Arshdeep too.

 

What's the point of 'backing' if you gonna bash the guy even after hes doing well? :rofl:

 

Also you have threads for most of the players. Its not a flex when you do that.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Lord said:

 

What's the point of 'backing' if you gonna bash the guy even after hes doing well? :rofl:

 

Also you have threads for most of the players. Its not a flex when you do that.


still doesn’t change the fact that when everyone was calling a trundler I saw something in him. I don’t have a thread for Tushar Deshpande or calling Dube a great player do I?

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, maniac said:


so you mean to say I shouldn’t criticize if his bowling is mediocre on occasions?

 

Dont be dumb and argue for the sake of arguing mate. Most people on ICF starts drooling when a bowler hits 140+, I made a measured assessment because I rated his temperament and the fact he had skills to complement lack of express pace. Ab kya bolun tujhe?  I am 100% sure you might have made snarky remarks when I rated Arshdeep too.

There has been improvement in his bowling and many didn’t notice that in ICF. But always liked the guy.  His reverse swing has won us the cup. 

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, gattaca said:

There has been improvement in his bowling and many didn’t notice that in ICF. But always liked the guy.  His reverse swing has won us the cup. 

He was an u-19 product. What I notice with 99% of Indian u-19 players batsman/bowlers is technique and basics wise they are almost much better than most teams. So Arshdeep had basic qualities like moving the ball both ways, seam, accurate Yorkers etc. on top of that his commitment impressed me. In the field or even as a no.11 bat, he showed great awareness. He might have dropped a catch under pressure once but he usually a safe fielder even though not the most athletic. There were a lot of qualities I liked in him and he improved dramatically since then. However I still wish he improves 5k yards to his pace. I don’t think I have ever been inconsistent in that. He is definitely better  than Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar,Tushar Deshpande (gosh even their names scream trundler)  and has more skills than 140+ bowlers hyped on this forum like Kuldeep Sen, Navdeep Saini. I think Khaleel has fallen off a bit but I rate Khaleel in full form a better or equal bowler to Arshdeep.

Edited by maniac
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, maniac said:

He was an u-19 product. What I notice with 99% of Indian u-19 players batsman/bowlers is technique and basics wise they are almost much better than most teams. So Arshdeep had basic qualities like moving the ball both ways, seam, accurate Yorkers etc. on top of that his commitment impressed me. In the field or even as a no.11 bat, he showed great awareness. He might have dropped a catch under pressure once but he usually a safe fielder even though not the most athletic. There were a lot of qualities I liked in him and he improved dramatically since then. However I still wish he improves 5k yards to his pace. I don’t think I have ever been inconsistent in that. He is definitely better  than Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar,Tushar Deshpande (gosh even their names scream trundler)  and has more skills than 140+ bowlers hyped on this forum like Kuldeep Sen, Navdeep Saini. I think Khaleel has fallen off a bit but I rate Khaleel in full form a better or equal bowler to Arshdeep.

Khaleel has never done anything closer to what arshdeep has done. He always been expensive. 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Khaleel has never done anything closer to what arshdeep has done. He always been expensive. 

On returns yes, on potential I think he is the  2nd best left arm alternative.

Edited by maniac
Link to comment
9 hours ago, randomGuy said:

 

There aren't many (or any, atleast I could not find) clips of bumrah speaking punjabi. Ambani speaks gujrati from time to time.

 

Percentages are random. Even 20% may have been liberal. I just wanted to say Gujarat has a lot more claim to bumrah than Punjab.

Bumrah is a Ramgadhiya caste's Sikh. Roots definitely in Punjab. Some news channels found out about his grandfather. He was speaking in Punjabi or at least his accent was Punjabi. 

Poor guy was living off driving an auto in uttarakhand, seems like Bumrah's family abandoned him.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Even in my home punjabi is hardly spoken 

Large number of Delhi sikhs also speak Hindi more than Punjabi. Gujarat as a state has more right on him than Punjab. But ethnically he is Punjabi and that matter the most

Delhi is a different matter. In Delhi, 95% people came from outside like from UP, Bihar, Punjab in last 80 yrs. States like Gujarat, TN etc. have a distinct identity unlike Delhi which is actually a mixture of cultures. 

 

Delhi has more Punjabis than gujrat due to being the capital as well as proximity to Punjab.. hence you would find more punjabi 

People, language, food, culture .....in Gujarat , bumrah would be hardly exposed to all this... hence he is far less punjabi than a Kohli. 

 

 

2 hours ago, Number said:

Bumrah is a Ramgadhiya caste's Sikh. Roots definitely in Punjab. Some news channels found out about his grandfather. He was speaking in Punjabi or at least his accent was Punjabi. 

Poor guy was living off driving an auto in uttarakhand, seems like Bumrah's family abandoned him.

I know bro. Actually all of us agree that Gujarat has more rights on him ..

 

Link to comment
43 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Delhi is a different matter. In Delhi, 95% people came from outside like from UP, Bihar, Punjab in last 80 yrs. States like Gujarat, TN etc. have a distinct identity unlike Delhi which is actually a mixture of cultures. 

 

Majority of Punjabi's settled in various parts of India during partition. They are still considered as Punjabi Sikhs or Punjabi hindu's. Even my mother was from Assam but she hardly knew assamese

Link to comment
On 6/30/2024 at 11:40 PM, Number said:

Bumrah is a Ramgadhiya caste's Sikh. Roots definitely in Punjab. Some news channels found out about his grandfather. He was speaking in Punjabi or at least his accent was Punjabi. 

Poor guy was living off driving an auto in uttarakhand, seems like Bumrah's family abandoned him.

His family is from Amritsar, as Punjabi as it can get. And no, his family didn’t abandon him, let’s not go there.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Sandz said:

Arshdeep, doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Copped so much abuse on this forum but ended up as the highest wicket taker in the tournament with a clutch performance in the final.

You think he reads this forum? "copped" lol... what? This is fan fiction at best. 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...