Appreciate Arshdeep in this thread

2 hours ago, Dil Dil India said:

I still struggle to rate him but credit where it is due. That final over of his vs SA was more than I could have expected. He needs to maybe bulk up a bit more for slightly more pace and get more variations going.

I was pleasantly surprised with his performance but he's mentally much tougher than likes of Siraj, Saini, Avesh etc. Those guys lose it under pressure and go for runs. The over which Arshdeep bowled was outstanding! Every delivery was spot on! Granted, Bumrah was the one who started the comeback and triggered the SA collapse but without Arshdeep and Pandya's clutchness, it wouldn't have mattered.

Better to stick to mentally tough and clutch players than go with Siraj, Avesh or speed gun beats like Saini who lose it mentally.

1 hour ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I was pleasantly surprised with his performance but he's mentally much tougher than likes of Siraj, Saini, Avesh etc. Those guys lose it under pressure and go for runs. The over which Arshdeep bowled was outstanding! Every delivery was spot on! Granted, Bumrah was the one who started the comeback and triggered the SA collapse but without Arshdeep and Pandya's clutchness, it wouldn't have mattered.

Better to stick to mentally tough and clutch players than go with Siraj, Avesh or speed gun beats like Saini who lose it mentally.

Arshdeep went unnoticed as he didn't pick wicket in end. But he gave Hardik enough to bowl and then that catch. Both him and SKY saved Hardik bigtime.

6 hours ago, speed_thrills said:

I think his days are numbered, as GG prefers Fast Bowlers.

He is only LAF in Ind right now, LAF has some kind of upper-hand in T20s.

PPl are expecting too much of GG. Do not think he will be able to change much.  

Read somewhere on the forum that he will remove stat paddler like Gill, Gill is BCCI next bet already calling him prince.

BCCI need next big thing they have put their bet on Pant and KL earlier that didnt work out now he is the one. All the resources will flow in his direction he will play all 3 formats even with visible limitations in t20Is (Lack of power + stat paddling mentality =v.bad combination for t20s )

Edited by tapandrun
18 hours ago, speed_thrills said:

I think his days are numbered, as GG prefers Fast Bowlers.

Not exactly.

GG do prefer fast bowlers, but in some of the interviews he mentioned that bowling fast isn't going to help on the pitches which are slow and grippy (for T20's).

On such pitches, bowling slower ones and cutters is the right way to keep the batters guessing and makes strokeplay difficult.

I guess, the slower and cutter bowlers will have a role to play under certain conditions.

10 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Not exactly.

GG do prefer fast bowlers, but in some of the interviews he mentioned that bowling fast isn't going to help on the pitches which are slow and grippy (for T20's).

On such pitches, bowling slower ones and cutters is the right way to keep the batters guessing and makes strokeplay difficult.

I guess, the slower and cutter bowlers will have a role to play under certain conditions.

Both aren't mutually exclusive though. Bumrah bowls fast yet has a brilliant slower one.

On 7/9/2024 at 11:07 PM, Aiden said:

How times have changed... Not long ago in Asia Cup I think Indian fans were calling Arshdeep head, calling him Khalistani Pakistani etc when he dropped Asif catch and India lost the game. Indian fans have short memory I guess

Actually majority of them were Pak trolls similar to the ones who were going after Shami