Jump to content

We won inspite of Kohli


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, nevada said:

He was out of sorts for a long time but scored a few big hits in the end to make up for it. We were at serious risk of an Afghan style collapse. He prevented that and took us to a competitive score. I thought he played a good innings in the context of the game and occasion. Sure, it would have been nice if he scored 10-12 more but it's okay, T20 is all about everyone doing their bit and the others stepped up to win the game for us. 

Precisely my point. He was out of sorts for a long time . 
 

Jaiswal took this South African attack to the cleaners recently . Kohli managed to hit two three hits towards the end and we got barely enough . We had Better options but we played Kohli cos of heroworship . 
 

We won . 20 years from now , u will remember sky catch , Sharma hits , bumrah bowling . His knock will be barely a footnote 

 

he needs to be greatful to his luck . He has won wc when peak yuvi won it . Now peak bumrah brought the cup with peak pandya and smart Sharma . 
 

There is a reason we didn’t win anything under Kohli.  Right from team selection to toss to way they played , it was always about individual glory.  He is very smart to retire as he knows he will be kicked out if he doesn’t . 

 

Link to comment

He accelerated correctly but Pandya needed more strike in the end. Jadeja is done. India could have crossed 180.

And that axar over should not have happened, klassen hits spinners. Pandya should have bowled one more. Kohli did not do great but did well enough. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Garbage thread. Typical Pakistani mentality.

Pak mentality is praising Kohli . Hence Babar is their king 

 

our mentality is why we can’t win comprehensively . Throughout World Cup , we carried Kohli . He was journeyman . At last leg , he held ground at best . Rahane would have done the same . If u have watched great odi Ricky pointing , great t20 players like Travis head / David Warner , they smash the opposition into submission in finals. 
Rohit did it against Aussies . Kohli never smashed any opposition. He is the best odi middle order player of his generation for sure . In t20 , he has been a misfit last 5 years and this trophy is Sharma - Pandya - bumrah gift to us . All three are once in a gen players . 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

He accelerated correctly but Pandya needed more strike in the end. Jadeja is done. India could have crossed 180.

And that axar over should not have happened, klassen hits spinners. Pandya should have bowled one more. Kohli did not do great but did well enough. 

I agree . Kohli did ok . We won inspite of his ok performance. We won cos of great bumrah . 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, mani sha said:

I agree . Kohli did ok . We won inspite of his ok performance. We won cos of great bumrah . 

I am very happy and feel very satisfied that Kohli got a monkey off his back and win a loi wc as a senior player. I know the wc loss was big but this T20 Cup satisfies a bit of that loss. It's good and Rohit is the dad that everyone loves it's a fitting send off for both from the shortest format. They can end with class on the other two formats. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, nevada said:

He was out of sorts for a long time but scored a few big hits in the end to make up for it. We were at serious risk of an Afghan style collapse. He prevented that and took us to a competitive score. I thought he played a good innings in the context of the game and occasion. Sure, it would have been nice if he scored 10-12 more but it's okay, T20 is all about everyone doing their bit and the others stepped up to win the game for us. 

 

The only gripe I had with the innings is he only accelerated after his 50 in the 18th over. Looks like he followed guru gavaskar for his mumbai khadoos mentality. What's disappointing was Bumrah is not declared the man of the match but Kohli gets the credit.

Link to comment

whatever he did he contributed to the victory and played as a pivot..Axar gave all the momentum..but Kohli also played well..if he hadnt hit some blows in the end..then I would have had more complains..even Dube made quick runs..

overall it was a good team performance..he has retired and gave us many goo dmemories too..esp against Pak in Australia..when he hit Haris Rauf in that epic match..Enjoy the moment guys!

Link to comment
41 minutes ago, mani sha said:


That’s a fair arguement - scoreboard pressure.  

 

What everybody saw is clearly a man past his prime.  Kohli struggled to get boundaries . Earlier in the tournament , he tried to hit out and kept getting out . In this match , hypothetically , if he had counterattacked Earler , may be he would have made a 30 ball 40 . Pandya was still there and it’s not a 50 over game . 
 

I reckon we would have made 190 if he had attacked a bit more or peak Kohli was there . He was struggling against spin - like we have seen in IPL . He can’t hit sixes off his pull shot against rabada . 
 

He didn’t deserve motm . Bumrah was motm and mots .

 

Sharma has tried to move away from kohli brand of play . Sharma against Aussies was perhaps the most imp innings of the tournament as our only threat was Aussies.  

 

Kohli knock was decent.  Not special.  Not match winning. 
 

i hope that they rope in players like rinku , a Sharma and Ryan parag . Rohit has laid the template for all to follow . 

As he showed in the last three overs..he can still switch on hitting when he wants..he can do it against pak in that mcg match too..so it's not ability...to hit big once he was set .he can still do it but he can't hack or go berserk ..he is a touch player like he always was...question is mentality and approach...he decided to eschew risk and take singles to prevent a risk and allow dube and aksar to hit out...in hindsight he could have gone like Rohit for a 20 ball 30 and hardik could get out and we would have limped to 150 or maybe as you said we would have hit more and made 190..who knows...

 

Same thing ..if klassen got out  to hardiks first over..then this 177 would have been a massive winning score..we would have won by 30 runs given south africas batting or maybe our spinners didn't bottle it .match would have been over.. we need to acknowledge klassen and our spinners off day if we lost rather than attacking Kohli...

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, mani sha said:

Pak mentality is praising Kohli . Hence Babar is their king 

 

our mentality is why we can’t win comprehensively . Throughout World Cup , we carried Kohli . He was journeyman . At last leg , he held ground at best . Rahane would have done the same . If u have watched great odi Ricky pointing , great t20 players like Travis head / David Warner , they smash the opposition into submission in finals. 
Rohit did it against Aussies . Kohli never smashed any opposition. He is the best odi middle order player of his generation for sure . In t20 , he has been a misfit last 5 years and this trophy is Sharma - Pandya - bumrah gift to us . All three are once in a gen players . 

Continue leading a miserable life instead of enjoying 1st win in 13 years. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, mani sha said:

We could have won with ease if jaiswal was opening . 
 

if u don’t learn from this , u will again have. Drought for 15 years . 
 

We won last wc cos of once in a generation player - Yuvraj Singh , bumrah is similar . 
 

By allowing players past their prime , we almost lost . Klasen showed it . We were lucky it wasn’t Aussie again . 
 

 

The best thing to do after getting humiliated by a player who you always hated is acceptance .

 

You have displayed yet again that you are a real loser in life, a sore loser and it will never change.

 

After the victory the only thing you had in mind is how to bring Kohli down so that you can somehow explain people how you were right, thats the mark of a loser and you will always be the same.

 

 

Kohli has won a t20 final MOTM while you cry and moan despite Indias victory.

 

Also there’s no guarantee that Jaiswal would have won you this match ,lol. Speaking as of its a fact, if someone got out at that time wher we were at 50, we wouldn’t have made even 150, so take a chill pill and accept that you are beaten by a far superior man to you.

He is the sigma male , you are beta.

Link to comment

This moronic thread again proves one thing. The impossible standard which Kohli set for people.

 

If he performs as a human, it is considered a let down.

 

Kohli has not changed much thru out his career.Maybe he might had a top gear which he doesn’t have it now.  
 

His greatest asset is his lack of ego in giving the limelight to his batting partner while building partnerships.

 

He always had confidence in himself to score big shots at the end of innings.
 

Nov 19 2023 proved why he was cautious today. 
 

India was not getting past 150 if he got out today.

 

 

Was he great today , no he was mere mortal.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

This win credit in batting goes to axar 46 in 31 ball. It was him who kept the scoring rate reasonable when king was playing for a draw.

The idea was for Kohli to stick around considering we were 40 for 3, Axar was sent so that he could attack and Kohli could rotate strike.

 

You really need to understand cricket to be able to get this

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...