Jump to content

Gautam Gambhir new head coach


Recommended Posts

Ganguly selflessly dropped himself from opening slot to promote Sehwag at the top of the order ( after trying with Sachin first and then himself but still kept trying Sehwag as opener ) 

And we see today Gill opening after Abhishek scores a game changing century in last game.

Hope Gambhir follows him.

We are probably set for a roller coaster of a ride after having Dravid/Laxman as coaches esp for T20 formats. 

Edited by Vk1
Link to comment
37 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

For all the praise of Gauti, I seem to remember how Dravid was first welcomed with great fanfare, even bliss, and then how quickly he fell from grace out here.

 

I am a hundred percent certain Gambhir is going to get the same treatement.

 

 

Gambhir will be very much Kohli the.loi captain

Link to comment

ZAK Should do a great job as a bowling coach -

Why?  reasons are below-

 

1. I met him personally, , I was very impressed with his confidence and with the fast bowler's shoulders that he possessed. as far as a fast bowler's head- we saw him toying with Batsmen like SA Captain- graeme smith and so many batsman. I shook hands with him and I could feel the strength in his grip ( when I have been playing and gyming all life). I also met venky prasad ( i have my foto with him too) and his hands are soft /very soft.

2. I saw zak bowling in 2 tests and 2odi's in INDIA and he used to come in for 3 to 4 over spells ; if i remember correctly he had an image of TERROR , all batsman were scared of him - not just his pace but his swing and Guile. i saw a match in which irfan pathan and sreesanth were hit all over and ZAK took wickets almost at will. after i saw him bowling in odi and tests ( he is lazy) , in tests , he used to bowl 10 to 12 overs in india in a day and always got 2 to 3 wickets in his 2 spells only. had he bowled like ishant , 15 overs a day he would have almost every test got  3 or 4 or 5 wickets. ganguly let srinath retire only when ganguly found zak as a capable bowler. sa captain graeme Smith used to be afraid of zak.

3. during his last ipl match , zak was bowling 118 to 132K and mostly under 130K and still runs he used to give off his 4 overs was under 20 runs and every time he got 2 or more than 2 wickets.

 

4. i think ZAK is the best option we have in india.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

For all the praise of Gauti, I seem to remember how Dravid was first welcomed with great fanfare, even bliss, and then how quickly he fell from grace out here.

 

I am a hundred percent certain Gambhir is going to get the same treatement.

 

 

Dravids reputation was because of his perceived graceful retirement and what he had done with the u19 team along with a generally cerebral image because of the way he batted which didn't hurt him. 

Ofc if GG doesn't do certain things then he will almost certainly be abused like Dravid was. Lol. 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Dravids reputation was because of his perceived graceful retirement and what he had done with the u19 team along with a generally cerebral image because of the way he batted which didn't hurt him. 

Ofc if GG doesn't do certain things then he will almost certainly be abused like Dravid was. Lol. 

Does not matter what he does...at least half the people here will be cursing him after 2 series. Because he did not have a 20:20 future vision. 

Link to comment
11 hours ago, express bowling said:

Zaheer himself bowled very fast when young and then cut down on pace. 

Zaheer had that pronounced jump before bowling same as a young Kapil.  That jump works till age 24, 25 but quickly starts putting a lot of stress on the body relative to benefits.

 

However cutting down that jump means dropping pace for the concerned bowler.

Link to comment

One never knows how this coaching gig will turn out for someone and how the coach himself behaves in the spotlight.

 

Fo example with the foreign coaches.....John Wright was a very good coach. Greg Chappell followed and he was a nightmare. Then Kirsten arrived and was ok as he stabilized the ship.

Link to comment
33 minutes ago, AKane said:

One never knows how this coaching gig will turn out for someone and how the coach himself behaves in the spotlight.

 

Fo example with the foreign coaches.....John Wright was a very good coach. Greg Chappell followed and he was a nightmare. Then Kirsten arrived and was ok as he stabilized the ship.

What was Duncan Fletcher s legacy? Feels like someone who came and went without  anyone noticing despite being a foreigner. 

I agree that from outside it is very hard for us to judge what these coaches are doing or what they are adding unless the playing staff commend them specifically. Lalchand rajput and B arun come to mind, so also shastris bowling plans to Smith the last Aus tour. 

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

What was Duncan Fletcher s legacy? Feels like someone who came and went without  anyone noticing despite being a foreigner. 

I agree that from outside it is very hard for us to judge what these coaches are doing or what they are adding unless the playing staff commend them specifically. Lalchand rajput and B arun come to mind, so also shastris bowling plans to Smith the last Aus tour. 

CT win came under Fletcher.

Link to comment
11 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

ZAK Should do a great job as a bowling coach -

Why?  reasons are below-

 

1. I met him personally, , I was very impressed with his confidence and with the fast bowler's shoulders that he possessed. as far as a fast bowler's head- we saw him toying with Batsmen like SA Captain- graeme smith and so many batsman. I shook hands with him and I could feel the strength in his grip ( when I have been playing and gyming all life). I also met venky prasad ( i have my foto with him too) and his hands are soft /very soft.

2. I saw zak bowling in 2 tests and 2odi's in INDIA and he used to come in for 3 to 4 over spells ; if i remember correctly he had an image of TERROR , all batsman were scared of him - not just his pace but his swing and Guile. i saw a match in which irfan pathan and sreesanth were hit all over and ZAK took wickets almost at will. after i saw him bowling in odi and tests ( he is lazy) , in tests , he used to bowl 10 to 12 overs in india in a day and always got 2 to 3 wickets in his 2 spells only. had he bowled like ishant , 15 overs a day he would have almost every test got  3 or 4 or 5 wickets. ganguly let srinath retire only when ganguly found zak as a capable bowler. sa captain graeme Smith used to be afraid of zak.

3. during his last ipl match , zak was bowling 118 to 132K and mostly under 130K and still runs he used to give off his 4 overs was under 20 runs and every time he got 2 or more than 2 wickets.

 

4. i think ZAK is the best option we have in india.


I appreciate your analysis - and admired Zak as a bowler - but what does  any of this have to do with this credentials as coach?

Edited by NameGoesHere
Link to comment
1 hour ago, NameGoesHere said:


I appreciate your analysis - and admired Zak as a bowler - but what does  any of this have to do with this credentials as coach?

As a bowling coach , i expect that he would pass on his bowling skills to indian bowlers. zak/bhuvi/praveen kumar - these 3 bowlers have had the Maximum skills and if these guys become bowling coach , they can transfer good skills to indian bowlers. ZAK could be the best.

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

So much noise for head coach. Head coch can do zilch, we will tournament only if new talebdted players are capable of showing up at KO matches. Do we guys really think he can finish seniority and star culture? Must be deluding. Haven't we seen Jay Shah sucking upto Rohit -Kohli? He is BCCI not GG..

 

 

What a good coach or captain can do is introduce a few key young players who make a difference in the medium and long run. 

 

Like Bumrah's introduction in test cricket in Jan 2018 which completely changed the potency of our test match bowling overseas.

 

A defensive coach or captain would have played safe with Mukesh or Unadkat type picks ... because Bumrah's action was perceived to be not suited to tests till 2017. 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...