The Leander Paes Thread

Gambit

What a stellar effort. Knocked out Bryans on semis on their way. Leander/Stepanek lost last year to Bryans in finals and Leander in post match presentation said that they will be back to win this title. And they have done it. John Mcenroe was in total awe of leander and said that even though Bryans as team have better record in doubles, Leander is the greatest doubles player ever.
he said that? that is some high praise indeed .

What a stellar effort. Knocked out Bryans on semis on their way. Leander/Stepanek lost last year to Bryans in finals and Leander in post match presentation said that they will be back to win this title. And they have done it. John Mcenroe was in total awe of leander and said that even though Bryans as team have better record in doubles, Leander is the greatest doubles player ever.
My favorite player ever calling my other favorite player ever the best doubles player ever! Am loving the love fest. Leander is a true champion and an inspiration! Congratulations to him on another grand slam!!

Leander Paes has been voted as best volleyer. Wow..didn't know he has so much recognition for his volley skills. TFS
Called it a long time ago. Leander is the best volleyer that I have seen. I am glad that so many experts agree with me.
He should have been able to do better on grass. This surface was tailor made for him. I know that Sampras did not give anyone a chance (except once) but Leander should have gone deeper than he did. His serve was not strong enough. I haven't seen Edberg' date=' [b']but of all the players I have seen since 1997, Leander is probably the best volleyer.
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=3003590&postcount=348 I agree with many of their picks. There are a few I don't agree though. Not finding Nadal in the top 5 overheads was strange. IMO he has one of the best overheads in the game. I have also stated in the past that Wawrinka and Gasquet had better single handed backhands than Fed, again this survey proves that most experts think that way. But I don't think Haas or Almagro are better than Federer. Almagro has more power and Haas probably has more variety but Federer is better than them because he is more consistent.