Final IPL auction list

Feed

what was his reserve price? any way, it is stupid of Modi to talk about Clarke like this. last IPL he wa about to get married. this time he is opting out, good for Australian team. at least he can take some well deserved rest and refresh himself.IPL would not be poor for losing Clarke. he is not so hot in 20/20.

What was wrong with what Modi said? It is true that Clarke quoted the base price himslef and Modi asked him to reduce it. Clarke was unwilling and backed out. Modi had to make an example as Clarke was bull*****ing about playing for his country over IPL

The players set the prices ????? What kind of auction is this?
Its like Ebay. Obviously, the players dont want to play if its not worth their time. I didnt know abt this before. But it puts petersons 1.3 million in perspective. I think it was way too high. It would be interesting to see if anyone wants him.
what was his reserve price? any way, it is stupid of Modi to talk about Clarke like this. last IPL he wa about to get married. this time he is opting out, good for Australian team. at least he can take some well deserved rest and refresh himself.IPL would not be poor for losing Clarke. he is not so hot in 20/20.
Modi is running a business. You cant just keep changing your mind. Why did Clarke put his name in the list? Some franchises might have already planned to pick him and made necessary strategy for 2nd or 3rd player. But now, they have to plan anew. Its just a waste of time.

both are idiots of the first order. clarke is a dumb*****. you're not getting 1mil+, sorry. should've taken 500k or w/e modi is equally a f***** moron. you don't talk about this in public. this is what happens when it's no longer a sport but a business.

Its like Ebay. Obviously, the players dont want to play if its not worth their time. I didnt know abt this before. But it puts petersons 1.3 million in perspective. I think it was way too high. It would be interesting to see if anyone wants him. Modi is running a business. You cant just keep changing your mind. Why did Clarke put his name in the list? Some franchises might have already planned to pick him and made necessary strategy for 2nd or 3rd player. But now, they have to plan anew. Its just a waste of time.
i think Modi is wrong here. Clarke had already given his price. if Modi thought clarke would not attract that kind of rate, he shud not have included his name in the list. including the name and later negotiating for reducing even before the auction begins is wrong. if Clarke does not get his price, then no one wud have bought him.Modi has nothing to lose.having listed him, he shud not have asked him to cut down the price, that is my point. Any way, IPL was a hit even with out clarke last year.

so when one of the IPL officials said, KP can set his own price, it wasn't just a good will gesture in appreciation to him returning to India? If setting your price is the way to go, why would you bother for anything less than 1 million each?
Havent you heard of something called supply and demand. Cocacola decides its own price but they dont charge 100$ for a bottle.

i think Modi is wrong here. Clarke had already given his price. if Modi thought clarke would not attract that kind of rate, he shud not have included his name in the list. including the name and later negotiating for reducing even before the auction begins is wrong. if Clarke does not get his price, then no one wud have bought him.Modi has nothing to lose.having listed him, he shud not have asked him to cut down the price, that is my point. Any way, IPL was a hit even with out clarke last year.
In all probability the negotiations happened before the lists came out. You are right Modi has nothing to lose and that is why Clarke is at mistake here. He either should have seen it thro and backed out before the list was made.

Guest dada_rocks

Clarke was at it again thsi year.. I say pal if u are so unsure make up your midn earlier. you won;t be allowed to parade targeted to dometic audience in IPL.. ME thinks this fellow senses Ponting rested and ponting already in dumps and eyeing captaincy. hence he is trying to make hsi case stronger by suggesting look how committed I am to aussie cricket.. since he is already one of the ricker cricketerss so can afford to this sort of drama.. Modi is right here no one will tolerate this kind of nonsense year after year.. yes he walked out last yearmuch earlier but did make a lot of my-heart-bleeds -for-aussie capital out of thadecision.. here he is again peddling his nautanki.. who wud pay million dollar for this idiot anyway